West Bloomfield Township, MI

Sheiko Elementary School 3

Posted July 06, 2014
I just recently graduated from Sheiko and from my experience I learned that what many see as chaos when they walk through our school doors is just a family in the making. I personally believe that the worst part about this school is all the negative feelings you get from staff members. Since the day I transferred here I made friendships that are way stronger than the ones I made at my old school.

Sheiko Elementary School 2

Posted May 18, 2012
It was bad enough that they changed the name of the school (sorry - didn't see the need for that). However, my big issue is the new principal. Doesn't seem to have a firm grasp on the school community. I visit the school occasionally and the hallways are now loud, the lunch room is ear-splitting and it seems as if the students rule the school. Bring the old principal back and change the name to Green again. I miss the way it was. Too much chaos!

Posted December 09, 2010
This is the first year for our three children who are enrolled at Green. They have flourished so far and we could not be happier with their teachers! The Principal is very involved and knows EVERY child! She is never sitting at a desk and always there for anything you need. I hope any parents thinking about putting their child in Green will rush out and do so! They are FABULOUS!!

Posted June 23, 2010
Green has very good and caring teachers, a very caring staff and a terrific principal. I highly recommend Green elementary.

Posted November 17, 2008
My son began at Green in the Pre-K program in October. He loves school and has rich experiences there. I can see that he is flourishing as a result of the knowledgable teachers and caring support staff. In the Fall of next year, I will have my pick of the schools in the district that he can attend. I will more than likely remain at Green, though I am very impressed with other schools in the district as well, including Ealy and Doherty. My money is definitely well-spent.

Posted May 13, 2008

Posted July 31, 2007
My son has excelled at Green and has fostered a love for reading

Posted January 10, 2006

Posted August 23, 2005
This was my 2 kids first year at Green and I must say it was a great one for them and our family. My 1st grader excelled so well in his spelling, reading and math. His teacher challenged him with the right material and pace. My 3rd grader had to go thru and adjustment period for 'Everyday Math' program. However, her teacher worked very well with her and I to get her at the required level. After that, my daughter was able to keep up and flow consistently with the class. Thanks to good team work. The principal & staff is 'A1' as well. I'm very pleased with the social and academics environment the school provides. I will be enrolling my 3rd child. Thanks Green Elem!

Posted February 20, 2004
My son is in kindergarten. I am so impressed with the school and what he is learning! They do science projects, can count by 2s and 5s to 100, get a book from the library weekly, have chef of the week and each child even did a presentation about themselves. It is a great environment and my son loves it and the information that he tells us about is amazing. His teacher is kind and patient and really seems to understand his abilities. Couldn't ask for more. Keep up the good work Green!

Sheiko Elementary School
4500 Walnut Lake Road, West Bloomfield Township, MI  48323
Last modified Sheiko Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sheiko Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top