Bad
Good

Both my kids went here. Since we are School of Choice., my kids were not allowed to take the bus. We therefore had to spend $38 every day, to keep our kids in the school after care program. This is akin to having a second mortgage. The school gets the same state funding for both in-district and school of choice students. The district should allow school of choice students to ride the bus. This is a big economic hardship for us. We moved back to our own school district. The STEAM program is a marketing campaign,, no substance to it. Stay away from this school district.

My two children are attending sheiko elementary , I will tell you their grades have fallen quite so in the past two yers too many children in a classroom and teachers are not as serious about their job my kids come home and have no home work , never in my life have I heard before that three days of the week there is no homework , what happen to the education we were promised this school has never been worse from a 10 rating three yers ago now it's 6 that's saddening , the school of choice for west bloomfield was a mistake a total demolition of the education system of the children of the family's that pay taxes up their nose to have their children attend the perfect school system not anymore family's with children are moving out of Westbloomfield because of the way this school system is slowly going down , I missed green elementary I missed the hard work of prior teachers the quite hallways in the school the quite and clean cafeteria no more those days are gone and we will be gone too soon .

I just recently graduated from Sheiko and from my experience I learned that what many see as chaos when they walk through our school doors is just a family in the making. I personally believe that the worst part about this school is all the negative feelings you get from staff members. Since the day I transferred here I made friendships that are way stronger than the ones I made at my old school.

It was bad enough that they changed the name of the school (sorry - didn't see the need for that). However, my big issue is the new principal. Doesn't seem to have a firm grasp on the school community. I visit the school occasionally and the hallways are now loud, the lunch room is ear-splitting and it seems as if the students rule the school. Bring the old principal back and change the name to Green again. I miss the way it was. Too much chaos!

This is the first year for our three children who are enrolled at Green. They have flourished so far and we could not be happier with their teachers! The Principal is very involved and knows EVERY child! She is never sitting at a desk and always there for anything you need. I hope any parents thinking about putting their child in Green will rush out and do so! They are FABULOUS!!

Green has very good and caring teachers, a very caring staff and a terrific principal. I highly recommend Green elementary.

My son began at Green in the Pre-K program in October. He loves school and has rich experiences there. I can see that he is flourishing as a result of the knowledgable teachers and caring support staff. In the Fall of next year, I will have my pick of the schools in the district that he can attend. I will more than likely remain at Green, though I am very impressed with other schools in the district as well, including Ealy and Doherty. My money is definitely well-spent.

My son has excelled at Green and has fostered a love for reading

Last modified Sheiko Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.