Bad
Good

I love that parent involvement is encouraged and welcomed not my my daughter's teacher but the entire school. I love that Ms. Samuilow is very nurturing, and affectionate to her students. She's never to busy to answer a question, and I have many. I absolutely love the diversity of the student body. To have my child have friends of many different cultural backgrounds makes me happy. I love this school.

The teachers and staff are great and very dedicated. The cirriculum is challenging and there is great school spirit. That said, the PTO IS TERRIBLE. I have never seen another school where the pto controls everything, from how many parties each class is allowed to have, down to what kind of cookie and juice will be served, to how every dollar collected during the constant fundraising over the year will be spent. They make all the decisons and there is no outlet in place for the staff, parents and students to have a diferent idea or pov. Theyre going to keep doing it the way they want because thats how its always been done. Its a power trip for them. I love my daughter's teacher and many things about this school but I am seriously considering moving her to a private school next year because I dont think I can sit silently for the years to come while the PTO runs--ruins--this school.

Words can't describe how much i truly love this school. first the Pto rocks always caring compassion the Staff is truly like family. And the principal Mrs. Crocker is one the best in the business. I will truly miss wandas and Mrs. Emert. But my child is ready for Junior High I love this School God bless every child to have the experience my child had.

Doherty offers exceptional educational opportunities for all of its students. The principal and staff are remarkable. I was particularly impressed by the K-2 music teacher, Mr. Beddow, who shares his professional performance abilities and finely honed teaching skills with his enthusiatic and adoring students.

My daughter attended Doherty from 2002-2006, she loved the school! She told me on her fifth grade graduation, she did not want to leave Doherty. I never forgot that. Thanks for the great experience Doherty. I have a second daugther that goes there now and she really likes it too!

Doherty has incredible spirit, and our whole family loves the teachers.

Doherty Elementary School has the best teachers, kids and parents!!

I love the West Bloomfield schools. Both my son and I have noticed a dramatic change in his reading and ohter academic abilities. The staff are very serious about their students accomplishments. The staff use every resource possible for their students to gain optimal learning skills. Thanks!!

Our kids love their school, love the principal and the teachers, and are doing great academically. The school is clean and well run, has a very diverse cultural background, and overall has a very positive atmosphere.

this school has a an amount of staff that might goof of too much. But most of the teachers are good and gave the school a good amount of credits. So when you balance it out you get 4 star school

Last modified Doherty Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-2