West Bloomfield Township, MI

Scotch Elementary School 1

Posted September 10, 2014
Where shall I begin Lack of communication, clueless principal, 90 percent of teachers that don't want to do their job. I am so glad I switched to the Walled Lake District for middle school. I can't believe I was with West Bloomfield for this long.

Posted February 07, 2014
My child had a fantastic four years at Scotch. The teachers were caring and very skilled. There were terrific programming and activities. It has a very strong PTO -- parents really support this school and turn out for everything. We loved the new principal and found him outgoing and easy to work with.

Scotch Elementary School 4

Posted May 01, 2012
This is the second year my sons have attended and I am happy overall with the education they are receiving. The teachers are dedicated and available to address any concerns. I do feel as if the principal is clueless about his role as a leader and he allows too many chances for those students who are disruptive to the educational process. Also, I think the late start and dismissal times are ridiculous especially for elementary school children.

Scotch Elementary School 3

Posted March 29, 2012
The teachers are awesome. The new prinicipal lacks leadership and communication skills. There is poor decision making and no oversight in the classroom. Bullying is out of control. The environment is unsafe and not conducive to learning.

Posted May 05, 2011
I agree with previous person... School is amazing, teachers are professional. my both children went there and got amazing experience...

Scotch Elementary School 2

Posted October 15, 2010
The bullying situation at this school is outrageous. The buses are complete torment for some kids. I have had to change my work schedule so that I can drive my children to and from school. Forget about the students feeling safe during recess. The procedure used by the para-pros is to turn the blame on any child who dares bother them with a complaint about a bully. How can a child get an education when they are being bullied by the system that is supposed to protect them?

Posted March 29, 2010

Posted February 09, 2009

Scotch Elementary School 0

Posted August 20, 2007
Scotch is one of the best elementary schools, I think, in Oakland County. The teachers are outstanding and care very much about the students and their developments. The odyssey program for the kids is a tremendous educational tool. I am extremely happy with the staff and their involvement with projects and activities that boost morale and creativity in our children. Overall, I would not send my children to any other school. Scotch is rated #1 in my book!

Posted May 07, 2007
Scotch has a very diverse staff that work well together and all of the teachers are excellent.

Scotch Elementary School
5959 Commerce Road, West Bloomfield Township, MI  48324
Last modified Scotch Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 2-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Scotch Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top