PK-K|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My son who just turned three-years-old attended here for six months in 2016. I ended up removing him because one of the teachers sent a note home saying his nails were long and dirty. None of which were true. Seriously. I had a feeling they wanted me to remove him anyway because he didn't fit the profile of the type of pupil they desire there. I think it is a good school if your kid exceeds behavioral and cognitive standards. It wasn't a good fit for us though.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

I don't know how they can effectively deal with this. They told me that there is something wrong with my son because he chose not to fight back when another child takes his toy.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

They passed off my son like a hot potato because he was learning differently. So yes, I strongly disagree

Effective school leaders: Disagree

I think Ms. Jeanette tries but watching the teachers, I am not sure how effective she is if she cannot get the teachers to handle things sensitively.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

They told me that they can't get my child to do anything and treated me with lack of empathy and lack of respect. So, I am not sure how they can develop any of those with my child.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teacher mentioned several times herself that she cannot help my child. So, I guess, they must be ineffective. Their words not mine!

Amount of homework: Neutral

My son is a toddler. He didn't have home work

Bloomfield Maples Montessori (BMM) is definitely a disappointment. Lofty claims in the initial sales pitch & tour with little to no results (not even potty training). My son is a sweet kid who likes to play with puzzles & challenging games. He keeps his interactions with other kids to a minimum. The teachers at BMM don't believe in catering to the individual needs of the child, contrary to their mission statement. They focus on group activities (easy 4 them) & have no patience for children with exceptional abilities/needs. They offer no expert opinion & want to pass your child off to Psychologists, treatment centers & other private schools. Their true motto is "Let's pass of the odd kid that plays with puzzles by himself and make him someone else's problem" instead of setting a repetitive tone with the child and foster an environment that helps him meet their academic goals. BTW, my son is 2 Y 8 M. The recommendations mentioned above come in as casual suggestions & in couple of weeks turn into mandates & they start giving you looks & pulling you aside and attacking you 2 on 1 in hallways. Absolutely no professionalism. They don't give any insight into any problem and don't share any evidence to support their assessment. They sent their daily notes (for ~ 4 months) without a single reference to any issues whatsoever & blindsided us with "Behavioral Issues" such as "your child doesn't interact with other children. take him to a psychologist and move him to a different school". FYI, all other caregivers (including the ones at BMM) gave contradicting opinions about my son. They think he is very social. I went to school & recorded his behavior & there is nothing in that video that warranted the teacher's assessment. They sent home forms to enroll in classes for next year & once we enrolled immediately, they told us to send him to a different school because they find it a bit harder to go the extra mile to work with our child. They made me stand in the doorway & pressured me to sign-off on forms to un-enroll my child. The irony was that I was standing next to a sign that was designed to get students enrolled. In < 4 months, there were 2 instances of neglect. There were an instance where my son came home in soiled clothes because no one changed him into his clean spares at school. The other time was when the caregivers forgot to give my son his afternoon snack.

I HEART BMMC! Beyond academics (yes, your child will read before kindergarten!), the staff (directresses, assistants, office) is so welcoming and create the warmest environment for students and parents. We have been through the Toddler and Pre-K programs at BMMC and remain impressed. Staff is incredibly responsive and children develop confidence, independence, academic skills, and positive social skills (being humble, friendship, and community). BMMC is the place to be!

My two daughters are currently attending this school and it is their second year: they started with 1,5 yrs and 4 yrs old. We moved from different country and neither of them spoke English at the time. The teachers made everything possible to help them to adapt, they are amazing and really loving and caring persons! As an example: my 4 yr old didn’t want to enter the classroom in the mornings so her teacher gave her a “special task” during the first week: to feed fish in the classroom´s aquarium. And I have many more examples of how they pay personalized attention to each child and according to their needs. I love the mirror-windows in each classroom and that parents can come inside the school at any time to observe what is going on in the classroom. Teachers are very accessible and I feel I can address my concerns to them at any time.

Last modified Bloomfield Maples Montessori is a Private school that serves grades PK-K