Westland, MI

Posted September 16, 2013
Johnson is a fantastic school. The principal, Ms. Urso, (new to Johnson in 2012) is by far the BEST administrator we have encountered in Livonia schools. She is passionate about the kids getting a great education in a safe, caring environment and holds her teachers to a high standard. The teachers that our son has had are all great, including the 'specials' teachers for art, music, and PE. This school should be the benchmark for all schools in Livonia!

Johnson Upper Elementary School 0

Posted October 05, 2009
They have wonderful teachers

Johnson Upper Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
Wonderful school-aged childcare program led by a talented instructor named Lori Martin. Teachers and staff are great.

Johnson Upper Elementary School 1

Posted June 15, 2009

Posted June 14, 2009
This School is very different (in a good way). They teach the kids not only math or solcial studies but a life lesson. The teacher my daughter appreciated the most was Mr. Mack. He has touched her heart and taught her not only school knowledge but general knowledge. I would recommend Mr. Mack for any child. My daughter loves the principles there,Mr. Steele and Mrs.Mintermen. Mr. Steele has been my daughters principle for 6 out of 8 years in school (counting Pre-School). In my daughter's lanuage 'Mr. Steele is the Bomb'. Mrs. Minstermen has been her Principle for 2 out of 8 years in school (counting Pre-Scool). My daughter has told me that Mrs. Minstermen has made the biggest changes in her life.

Posted October 11, 2007

Posted March 07, 2006
I have been a Johnson parent since 1994. All three of our children were students at Johson. It is a wonderful school and community. The area has grown tremendously. I have so much respect for the teachers and stafff that have helped to 'mold' our children these past twelve years. They truly care for the kids. I am proud to have volunteered at Johnson and be an active participant of our children's experiences. I can't believe our baby is graduating from the 6th grade class this June! Johnson will always hold a special place in all of our hearts!

Johnson Upper Elementary School 1

Posted June 09, 2005
As an African American Parent I would NOT recommend this school to African Americans. You feel the racism when you enter the building. My child told me that his teacher only called on certain students and I also observed that with my own eyes. I had heard such great things about this school and it's unfortunate that my child had to experience this at a young age, but it's a great life lesson for him. Teaching children should not be about color in the 21st century. I also found the curriculum not rigorous enough for my child.

Posted April 27, 2004
This school sounds very great and looks very great my student attends that scdool and she is a straight A student before at Hayes Elementary School she had straight C's I heard in the paper that this school is the top three school in Michagan My grandaughter has been going there since 4'th grade and she adores it there her favorite part was Mrs.Licata's class she taught her very well now my grandaughter is in 5'th grade and she is doing very well I am so proud of her it is very close to the end of the year and every day she is getting older prety soon she will be in 6'th grade and still atend Johnson and then go on to Frost and Churchill bow that she has acomplished many skills I want to just go on and say goodbye now thank you so much goodbye for now.

Posted January 16, 2004

Johnson Upper Elementary School
8400 North Hix Road, Westland, MI  48185
Last modified Johnson Upper Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Johnson Upper Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top