PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Great education and strong Christian values are part of the daily routine. Parental involvement is encouraged!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are heavily involved and communicate very well with parents to make sure that the student, parent, and teacher are all in tune with one another.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Strong Christian values are taught daily in every class. There is an excellent Principal in place that is leading the school

St.Matthews is an excellent school from p3-8th grade!! My oldest daughter started preschool for four year olds and is now in 8th grade,my youngest started preschool for three year olds and is now in 4th grade.couldnt emagine any other school for my girls!! The teachers are extremely caring and dedicated to EACH child and know them all by name too! If your looking for a school for sure take a look at St.Matthew's!!!

I have two children and love the choice we made in St. Matthew. The classroom size is appropriate for the children to each have one on one attention to learn more efficiently. The atmosphere is warm and friendly - very family oriented. Not only do the teachers in your childs class have a relationship with your child, but almost everyone around there age group does too!!!! St. Matthew really cares about their children and the teachers love their jobs. They are not there just because its a job like you find in alot of public schools, they are their to build learning relationships. My daughter is so much further ahead of her friends in the neighborhood with reading and math, its unbelievable the difference. Things are structured to create confident students while making them VERY responsible for keeping track of homework and excited to share their work. I could not have made a better decision. :)

School puts kids 1st, and teaches them well, Keep up the good work, My Grand daughters Love it here!!

St. Matthew has been the best choice my husband and I made for our children. The school is the right size not to small or to big. The teachers really care about the kids. It's more then a school. It has become our family. St. Matthew offers lots of after school sports and other programs. Parents can help out as much or as little as they want to so they can feel apart of their children's education.

I have had two children enrolled at St. Matthew and could not be happier! My son graduated/was confirmed last spring, and my daughter is in the fourth grade. Everyone from the teaching staff, school families, pastor, and support staff are among the finest examples of Christian character and behavior all the while providing a very impressive level of academics to all of the students. Having art, music, band, foreign language, a huge athletic program, and more makes St. Matthew a very well-rounded school for every type of student. The families and staff make you feel completely welcome the first time you enter. It really is a big family there and we have been truly blessed to have the opportunity to have our children at St. Matthew.

As of the 2008-09 school the school will be operating with a part-time principal. Upon acheiving his masters the old one is looking for greener pastures as is the Church's Pastor who is lame-duck while on the call list. When we enrolled we expected better acidemics than the public school and were greatly let down by no forgin language and next to no technology (computer based) learning. The teaching staff is very diverse in methodology and can be confusing for parents let alone the student. My 3rd grade student had more homework than a 6th grade student due to the diversity of the teaching styles which lack the guidence of an active principal. We withdrew him early as it became clearly apperant they did not want to deal with a student whose intellect (their words) exceeded the norm. class size drops considerably from the 3rd to 8th grade.

Being a product of public schools, I had concerns about enrolling my children in private school thinking it would be too sheltered with few extracurricular activities. My daughter has attended St. Matthew for three years, and our other daughter will attend next year - I continue to be impressed with the level of commitment the staff shows to the students going so beyond the call of duty. Not only do I feel that academically St. Matthew can compete with the best, but having the Christian education combined is such a blessing. Although already convinced, when the janitorial staff went room to room the last day of school before Christmas delivering candy canes with the meaning of the candy cane attached, I felt so blessed to have my children in this type of atmosphere to not only learn the ABCs but to learn about Christ and how to treat one another.

Last modified St Matthew Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8