Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted September 16, 2015
Mrs. Linn. Even though she couldn't pin point what was going on with my child, she made a conscious effort at addressing my concerns. For that I am forever grateful.

Eugene B. Elliott Elementary School 3

Posted August 26, 2015
I wasn't expecting the moon & stars going in because of the rating. But I was surprised in a good way. I had heard bad things about certain staff. Thankfully I didn't have to encounter anything too negative my son's first year there. My only gripes are that they should assign the next year teacher sooner and give out recommended class supply lists at the end of each year. It's not fair to expect parents to pull $ out of a hat for school supplies 1 week before school starts. Also, more parent volunteers would be nice. I think I volunteered with the same parents all year long.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted June 10, 2015
My daughter brought home on average 1 sheet of homework during her 2 years there,

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted June 10, 2015
This school is BIG on show reference to the "right" skin color or gender. Teachers focused on their favorites.

Eugene B. Elliott Elementary School 3

Posted October 10, 2007
My son is a kindergartener this year at Elliott. I was actually debating between this school and a private school. I must say that after reading all the good reviews on Elliott I decided to give it a try. However it's not what I thought it was going to be. The principal is nice and very much involved. But I am disappointed in the curriculum. Everyday I ask my son what he has learned and he can't tell me. Also he never receives homework. The teacher does send home weekly newsletters recommending things to work on and that's it. It also bothers me that I never see work in his backpack. Overall the school is ok but I don't think its the school for us. As I understand it the kindergarten teacher this year is new so I will give her until the end of this semester.

Posted September 06, 2007
I love Elliott, I have been there for 6 years and now I have to move on to 6th grade. Dr.Summervile is a fun principal. Also all of the other teachers. I just wish they didn't keep changing teachers so much. I would want more security, well that is what my mom says. So Elliott is a very great school. Even winning that Golden Apple award.

Posted October 09, 2006
My daughter is in 1st grade at Elliott and we are very happy. Last year the kindergarten teacher is amazing! She is the best kindergarten teacher I have I known! Also in 1st grade the teachers so far have been great! They have all the extracurricular activities and also have plenty of 'extras' during the day (art, gym, life skills, media, music) also a great library! They try to get parents involved as much as possible, unfortunately we dont have nearly enough parent involvement. As a member of the PTSO at Elliott, I can say we need to get the rest of the parents in here! Great school, Amazing teachers, next year my daughter will actually be able to have the same 2nd grade teacher as I did ( I grew up at Elliott and loved it then!)

Posted August 04, 2005
I like Elliott school because the class sizes are small. There are lots of after school activities on both academic and social levels. My child receives special education services at Elliott. We couldn't be happier with the his achievements and the dedication of the entire staff.

Posted May 03, 2005
This school is excellent, they make available all of the resources you need to ensure your child's success. The principle, Dr. Summerville and the entire staff are dedicated and have worked to improve MEAP scores and overall school performance. The only negative is parent participation, they have been coming up with different programs to encourage parents to become involved.

30800 Bennington Street, Westland, MI  48186
Last modified Eugene B. Elliott Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.