Posted June 02, 2014
John Glenn High School is a terrible school to go to. I am almost 16 years old right now as this review is published for others to see, and this is my second year. It is my second year of depression. It is very unfair, the teachers unequally bond with some of the popular students, who have a lot of attention from other students who are also somewhat popular. Teachers do not teach, they only give work to do. Some of these teachers are also very disturbing and/or political. Too political. Especially the conservative ones. Many teachers do not stop bullying, which is why this school has a lot of disrespect and acts of bullying. The students are terrible for most of the part. They make the little guys feel left out, and make fun of innocent people. And the selfish staff does not do anything about it. The females are so slutty. There is a lot of gossip and drama in this high school. Lots of disrespect. Sometimes the stupid teachers argue, and even make fun of their students, sometimes in front of the whole class! The stupid sarcasm in this school's atmosphere makes this school extremely annoying. The principal does nothing for the most part. This school sucks. It causes depression.

John Glenn High School 5

Posted September 01, 2013
As a parent I was nervous about sending my kid to John Glenn. After three years (one more to go) I must admit that my concerns were out of my classism and/or racism that I didn't even knew I had. I am thrilled that my son now has friends of varying economic and racial backgrounds. The ability to work well with others is a true lifelong gift that was nurtured at John Glenn. I can not go on enough about how amazing the teachers are! They are very underpaid and teach some of the roughest kids in the state, but wow do they do a great job. The admin team is tough but fair and are at all after school activities. I am glad we didn't give in and move to northville, plymouth or go to a charter. My son, (and his parents) are much better off because of our experience at JGHS. Not that it is perfect, every school has it's issues. Watching the care, enthusiasm and professionalism of the staff despite loosing pay, and constant attacks from Lansing has been inspiring. Thank you John Glenn! If you are a parent and you don't want your kid to go to Glenn because "I don't want my kids around those kids" then you need a reality check like I did. Your ignorance is rubbing off on your kid.

Posted August 17, 2013
DO NOT GO HERE!!!!!! I been at this school since 9th grade and I am fed up with the staff and students. Half the teachers don't even teach and the ones that do, half the time they don't even know what their saying to us. I'm more than happy that I'm going to another school. Please be warned parents and students. This school is not for you

Posted April 18, 2013
Awful. Do not let your children attend this school. I attend this school about three years ago, and moved to Canton. I personally would not go back.

John Glenn High School 3

Posted May 18, 2012
A lot of disrespect at this school. The teachers and staff are the good part.

Posted November 03, 2010
I can't wait to get my child out of this school. My child has been bullied and the school doesn't seem to care and my child needs more help in class than others and they will not give it. The teachers are giving my child better grades than he should be earning just so they can say they are a better school, they don't deserve to be a 5, they need to be a 3 or less.

Posted February 21, 2010

John Glenn High School 4

Posted October 23, 2009
I am a recent 2009 graduate from John Glenn. The teaching staff is amazing and they are willing to help you always. The down side is that the school district up the amount of credits for math and two other courses. This takes away the opportunity to take a vocational class at the William D. Ford Career Technical Center. Instructors have been laid off due to the shrinkage of students attending the Center. I agree with having more math classes but vocational skills are also needed.

Posted October 16, 2009

John Glenn High School 4

Posted May 17, 2009
I personally think that this school is one of the best schools in the district... I'm a sophmore in this school and came from a GPA of 2.8 to 3.5 in a single school year. I WOULD DEFINELY reccomend this school

John Glenn High School