Westland, MI
Students enrolled: 1,854
After care: No

John Glenn High School 4

Posted August 25, 2015
I'm very pleased with the teachers & staff at John Glenn. The administration is extremely involved in every aspect & have the students best interest at heart. Mr. Ingham is a phenomenal principal! He is truly passionate & caring about the students at John Glenn. We had an unforeseen circumstance happen last school year & the administration stepped in immediately & had it completely resolved by the end of the same school day! I could not have been more impressed with how they handled it! The only reason I'm not giving a 5 star review, is because I honestly feel the new dress code is ridiculous, especially when the lower level has no A/C & literally feels like a sauna, who can concentrate & learn in that environment? I know I couldn't! I have 2 daughters at JG & yes I completely agree that young ladies should dress respectful! However I feel that fingertip length shorts & tank tops w/2 fingers width (same as elementary & middle school) should be acceptable!!

John Glenn High School 5

Posted August 25, 2015
Mrs. Drews is so wonderful!! My daughter loved having her last year. She's an excellent Biology teacher but also truly has a vested interest in the development and well being of the children. Mr. Ingham has also been an incredible support to our girls cheerleading program!! Thank you JG for all you do! GO ROCKETS!!

John Glenn High School 5

Posted August 05, 2015
My daughter is a recent graduate of John Glenn High School. My son is a student there. They both have been offered not only a rigorous curriculum to help prepare them for college and a career, but they also were able to participate in a variety of extra curricular activities and feel connected to their school community.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 04, 2015
The staff not only works to connect and help the students but they do a lot of joint projects and activities that the kids really enjoy.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 04, 2015
If your student takes any of the many AP or college classes offered, they will have homework every night.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 04, 2015
The staff focuses on Positive Behavior methods and provides the students with ways to solve problems without being shamed or unnecessarily punished. This give the students the confidence and support to act with honesty, integrity and fairness.

John Glenn High School 2

Posted May 19, 2015
This school targets young ladies for showing "too much." They don't care what you wear in the winter, but as soon as it turns 80 degrees they flip out about everything possible. Obviously we ladies are going to wear shorts and t-shirts, when its 100 degrees in the lower part of the building that has no air conditioning. This school is very sexist, they only target the females, not the males! ~ A student. c/o 2018

John Glenn High School 1

Posted May 16, 2015
A new dress code has been enforced that specifically targets girls;shoulders, stomach area, thighs, bra straps cannot be visable. you can either give them your clothes or go home , there are no exceptions. And to think this dress code was passed in order to 'keep students on task' How can we possibly stay focused if we're being called out of class and missing class time for violations? My dress code violation was a simple outfit malfunction that i fixed immediately I was waiting for quite some time in the office so i went back to class. My administrator immediately called me back to the office again She told me that she would write me up for out of assigned area if i try to go back to class, then left me to sit there for approximately 40 mins During this time,i personally asked the main principal of the building if my education is less important than dress code. he refused to answer and told me to sit back down. When she finally came back, she no longer wanted to address the dress code violation, she was more worried about me 'talking about her'. very unprofessional if you ask me

John Glenn High School 2

Posted September 16, 2014
Bad teachers who do not care about the students and dirty building that is not taken care of. the Students act like a zoo, and it is in generally turning more and more ghetto day by day.

John Glenn High School 1

Posted June 02, 2014
John Glenn High School is a terrible school to go to. I am almost 16 years old right now as this review is published for others to see, and this is my second year. It is my second year of depression. It is very unfair, the teachers unequally bond with some of the popular students, who have a lot of attention from other students who are also somewhat popular. Teachers do not teach, they only give work to do. Some of these teachers are also very disturbing and/or political. Too political. Especially the conservative ones. Many teachers do not stop bullying, which is why this school has a lot of disrespect and acts of bullying. The students are terrible for most of the part. They make the little guys feel left out, and make fun of innocent people. And the selfish staff does not do anything about it. The females are so slutty. There is a lot of gossip and drama in this high school. Lots of disrespect. Sometimes the stupid teachers argue, and even make fun of their students, sometimes in front of the whole class! The stupid sarcasm in this school's atmosphere makes this school extremely annoying. The principal does nothing for the most part. This school sucks. It causes depression.

36105 Marquette Street, Westland, MI  48185