Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted September 12, 2015
Thank you Mrs. Hanson! You saved my kid from being behind in reading in 1st grade. Thank you!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted September 12, 2015
The teachers are great! They really care about the kids. They strive to help them succeed in school and in life. I have had many of them bend over backwards in an effort to help my children grow and learn.

Posted September 12, 2015
The John Glenn School district is amazing! I have had my kids in it and my nieces in it. They have worked with them and focused in on any areas they have struggled to bring out the best in them! They have always worked with me as a parent and had excellent communication. They offer many high quality programs that my kids have been a part of and enjoyed immensely. They offer tutoring days for convenient after school help. They teachers love their jobs and have always shown my kids the attention they needed to succeed. I have always been happy with my choice to move to this school district. Thank you John Glenn!

John Glenn High School 4

Posted August 25, 2015
I'm very pleased with the teachers & staff at John Glenn. The administration is extremely involved in every aspect & have the students best interest at heart. Mr. Ingham is a phenomenal principal! He is truly passionate & caring about the students at John Glenn. We had an unforeseen circumstance happen last school year & the administration stepped in immediately & had it completely resolved by the end of the same school day! I could not have been more impressed with how they handled it! The only reason I'm not giving a 5 star review, is because I honestly feel the new dress code is ridiculous, especially when the lower level has no A/C & literally feels like a sauna, who can concentrate & learn in that environment? I know I couldn't! I have 2 daughters at JG & yes I completely agree that young ladies should dress respectful! However I feel that fingertip length shorts & tank tops w/2 fingers width (same as elementary & middle school) should be acceptable!!

Posted August 25, 2015
Mrs. Drews is so wonderful!! My daughter loved having her last year. She's an excellent Biology teacher but also truly has a vested interest in the development and well being of the children. Mr. Ingham has also been an incredible support to our girls cheerleading program!! Thank you JG for all you do! GO ROCKETS!!

Posted August 05, 2015
My daughter is a recent graduate of John Glenn High School. My son is a student there. They both have been offered not only a rigorous curriculum to help prepare them for college and a career, but they also were able to participate in a variety of extra curricular activities and feel connected to their school community.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 04, 2015
The staff not only works to connect and help the students but they do a lot of joint projects and activities that the kids really enjoy.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 04, 2015
If your student takes any of the many AP or college classes offered, they will have homework every night.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 04, 2015
The staff focuses on Positive Behavior methods and provides the students with ways to solve problems without being shamed or unnecessarily punished. This give the students the confidence and support to act with honesty, integrity and fairness.

John Glenn High School 2

Posted May 19, 2015
This school targets young ladies for showing "too much." They don't care what you wear in the winter, but as soon as it turns 80 degrees they flip out about everything possible. Obviously we ladies are going to wear shorts and t-shirts, when its 100 degrees in the lower part of the building that has no air conditioning. This school is very sexist, they only target the females, not the males! ~ A student. c/o 2018

36105 Marquette Street, Westland, MI  48185