Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

I had to file a complaint against my daughter's teacher. She is too young to be teaching pre teens. She argued and curses at the kids and has no patience with them. My daughter has a medical condition where she can't hold her pee and the teacher still wouldn't let her go to the bathroom.

My daughter has been bullied off and on since the beginning of the school year and we received no help from the Principal or vice principal. They spoke to the girls but didn't give any type of discipline. I had to finally get the police involved in order for the bullying to stop. I've had several complaints about my daughter's teacher as well and nothing was done. If you want to send your child to a school with a staff that cares about your child don't send your child here.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

My daughter was bullied repeatedly and the staff did not help.

I feel like a 5 star rating is deserved as my niece is a student here and it really shows in her grades their attentiveness. -Semajays Auntie Meme

I am a teacher at Marshall and want to comment on how OUTSTANDING this school is! Everyone is at the school for the right reasons. The administration is warm, welcoming, and treats every student like their own. I've seen teachers skipping their own lunch breaks or plan periods to help students out, even stay after school. The classrooms are innovative and students are being prepared for lifelong success! There is no where else I'd rather teach! :)

Marshall is great upper elementary, and my son has grown by leaps and bounds. He is in the 6th grade and is on the honor roll, and his behavior is much better than last year thanks to his teacher. I can not say enough about Ms. Hunt his 6th grade teacher who has a wonderful rapport with her students. My son responds well to her positive behavior reinforcement. He is also doing great in math which was a struggle last year. The staff is awesome, and the administrators are nurturing yet firm when needed. I appreciate all of the teachers and staff as my 6th grader is doing well, and thanks to his 2 years there so is my 7th grader who is in middle school now.

I am a student here at Marshall (2013-2015) and i am bullied way to much, girls who don't know me still go behind my back and say things like she snitched on me when i was doing what the teacher told me to do and people get in fights and bullied ALOT like WAY WAY to much i wouldnt send my child or anyone i know here, i advise you to stay away!!!!

Removed my son from this school after one year best decision i made to the young lady that was bullied im truly sorry you had to go through that because adults didn't do their part.

I went to this school 2010-2012, and had very opposite events happen both years I attended. My fifth grade year was amazing; I loved my teacher, I met great friends, and overall it was so amazing. However, my sixth grade year was absolutely horrible. I was bullied rather harshly by one boy in my class, and the only people who stuck up for me were my fellow classmates. The teacher never took notice and never cared. When I told him, he told me to write to the principal. When I did, I didn't get to her for a few days, but when I did, the bully did get suspended, but not because he was a bully, but because he swore at me. None of the staff cared. I remember coming home crying every night, and the bullying was bad enough that it led to depression and self esteem issues. I don't recommend going here. Fighting and bullying is too common. If you go/are going to go there, just be careful.

Marshall's communication is top notch and the building is very well maintained. My child loves his teacher. The best thing is I can tell my child's teacher loves her class too. I have shared many of our positive experiences with other parents as well. I've been really pleased with our choice to stay in WW. Regarding bullying concerns, unfortunately that happens everywhere. If there is a concern, follow up with the school. You cannot assume what has or has not been done until facts are clear. I've interacted with the Social Worker and both Principals and they've been great. Love the teacher though! What a treasure she is.

Last modified John Marshall Upper Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.