Posted November 04, 2014
At Universal Learning Academy, principle and the dean of students are on top of everything. They always followed up with parents in regard of student s achievements and behavior. I always come to the family engagement sessions that Mr. Takkush does it for the parents on Friday of every month. I have two kids in the school. This is my Fourth year at the school. I am very pleased with the elementary teachers too. They are great. This school is awesome.
5 people found this helpful

Posted October 29, 2014
As of a parent I really like the school, from the principal, administrators, dean of students and also the teachers. they are all like a family supporting each other and helping our kids being well educated. I have 2 kids in ULA. I have been with this school since 2009. Very professional School. Go ULA
9 people found this helpful

Universal Learning Academy 1

Posted October 21, 2014
Absolutely worst school I ever worked at. I was a teacher for 11 years and never gotten disrespected like this in my life. I was only there for 3 days when I just couldn't handle it. All staff members are disrespectful and don't know proper English. All teachers don't know what their doing. They don't teach students properly and don't connect with any of them. And the dean of discipline barley knows English and ruins students reputation. They don't understand anything and this school needs to be shut down. Most students have wonderful personalities but the school doesn't teach them. Don't send your child to this school!!!!

Universal Learning Academy 4

Posted October 16, 2014
My daugther is now in the 3rd grade at universal. I am happy with how her schooling is going. She has had wonderful teachers and the school is striving to improve itself every year. My only concern is she has a teacher new to the school every year except this current year. However the teachers she has gotten have been skilled and professional and great with the children.
7 people found this helpful

Posted October 08, 2014
My kids have been attending this school for the last few years. It has been a great experience all around. The academics are above and beyond what many public schools offer. They have high expectations of both their students and staff. It is a very family oriented school that really tries to involve parents at every turn. This school has a great principle who cares about the students and awesome teachers who have the kids best interests at heart. I would highly recommend this school to anyone looking for a great education for their child.
7 people found this helpful

Posted September 26, 2014
This school has really changed! For the past few years the school has done an awesome job! This really feels like a community school. We can't say enough about the job Mr. Bazzi and his staff have done. Kids love coming to school and doing projects and learning about lots of stuff. I have been a proud parent for the past 5 years now and it really has changed for the best the past few years. I'm looking forward to another great year!
6 people found this helpful

Posted August 28, 2014
Authorized by Bay Mills Community College, ULA offers an outstanding elementary education based on Michigan s core curriculum and the study of international cultures, including a language, culture, and history different from one s own. We encourage students to express and share their wealth of ethnic traditions, values, and experiences, thus enriching and nurturing one another. ULA s certified, experienced teachers hold degrees from nationally and internationally renowned colleges and universities. With uncommon dedication, our staff work closely with students and parents, sharing information and providing the personal attention necessary to help each child excel. Universal Learning Academy s professional and paraprofessional staff and support personnel work as a cohesive team with one common purpose: a superior education for our students, the decision-makers and leaders of tomorrow.
5 people found this helpful

Universal Learning Academy 2

Posted August 14, 2014
ULA's student body is now more diverse than ever so why is there so much emphasis on only certain cultures? Why are the children offered only the Arabic language? Why aren't children learning the U.S. National anthem and the Pledge of Allegiance? There is obviously not much interest in teaching pride AND diversity but rather addressing the importance of limited cultures. As long as they follow the school dress code, the children should not be admonished because they do not adhere to the Muslim dress code.

Universal Learning Academy 3

Posted August 12, 2014
Universal Learning Academy is an average school. The education is fine but the teachers are terrible except for Mrs.Strecker and Mrs.Holdman. They are very kind and actually do their job. The principle, Mr.Bazzi, is very strict and not very respectable. He does not value his student's opinion. Some teachers are very selfish and don't do do their job. They don't offer real middle school or high school opportunities or clubs. The students judge each other and bully. But that is only a 35%. At other times the students are very nice. I am speaking form experience.

Posted June 05, 2014
ULA has improved quite a bit in the last two years. The admin team is wonderful! They are enthusiastic and genuinely care about improving the school. My kids have always attending ULA, and I do not see them going anywhere else. I look forward to watching them grow here! Thank you!
3 people found this helpful

Universal Learning Academy
28015 Joy Road, Westland, MI  48185
Last modified Universal Learning Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-10
Universal Learning Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top