Westland, MI

Posted April 17, 2014
Both of my daughters are and have attended this school. The Staff is awesome. I have enjoyed working with each one of them for any need that my daughters had. Examples: My eldest is an emotional child and was being teased by some other class mates. I did not have to speak to anyone concerning it! Her teacher brought it to my attention and took care of the issue right away. Both of my girls have excelled in reading. In writing they do good (if they the girls slow down). In math my eldest has struggled and each one of her teachers always took the time to to assist her until she understood. My youngest does pretty well in all of her subjects but gets bored easily. I love the fact that Mrs. Brown recognized this and has challenged my daughter with projects to keep her busy. Thank you to the whole staff for being so helpful and wonderful to each child.

Posted August 04, 2013
Wildwod was the best elementary school ever. My kids still want to go back to visit the prinipal Mrs. Blick whom they adore. Their teachers were all the best. Mrs. Devine, Mrs. Peters, Mrs. Craig, Mrs. Ross, Mrs. Myles, Mrs. Sheppard, Mrs. Martin (3rd grade), Mrs. Martin (4th grade),and Mrs. Busby.

Posted April 03, 2013
Outstanding teachers & principal! The teachers are very involved with every student. My children love going to school every day especially since they get a warm greeting from the principal Mrs. Blick every morning. There are many opportunities for the students offered during and after school. The PTO is very welcoming to parent volunteers.

Posted January 16, 2012
I have two children who attend Wildwood Elementary. We have been there for three years. I feel like the attention they are given from the teaching staff and Principal is phenomenal. I feel like as a parent my opinion is important to them and that they value what I have to say. I also enjoy that there is all kinds of opportunities for parent involvement if wanted.

Wildwood Elementary School 2

Posted September 01, 2011
Not very much support for children who are borderline in need of extra help. U of M say my son needs speech therapy...Wildwood said he isn't in that bad of need. When told he should speak to a therapist...Wildwood refused to let him speak to the one at the school (they said it their therapist wasn't what he needed). Must be nice to spencer $$$ for a new library and all the cool tech gadgets...maybe they should spend some on giving the staff "people skills"!

Posted April 01, 2011
Wildwood is an outstanding school. I love the principal, she is very energetic and makes the students feel special and important. The teachers give students opportunities to learn, and be prepared with high expectations. They have special rewards and activities for positive behavior. There is always something they are doing to make learning a fun experience. I'm going to be volunteering every chance I can.

Posted March 08, 2011
Wildwood has been a great school for my daughter. She attends the all day Kindergarten. It's so rewarding as a parent seeing the difference in her learning. She is so eager to learn that even on the weekends she is asking me if she has any homework left to do! The staff there is great, they keep you informed on everything that is going on. Over-all we've had a great experience and plan to send our youngest child there as well.

Posted December 19, 2008
Wildwood is an excellent school. I have 2 boys that attend this school. One is in Kindergarten, and one is in 1st grade. The teachers are knowledgeable, and work with the parents and students. The principal is firm and I think that is wonderful these days. The environment is great because the children are encouraged to respect themselves and others. This is a great choice for parents who want their children to be smart and great citizens. I am very involved in the PTO and love working with all of the students, parents, and teachers.

Wildwood Elementary School

Posted June 26, 2008
I have had two children attending Wildwood and am disappointed with my experience this past year. The staff is awesome and they do what they can being they don't have much support. This school seems to spend more time discipining the misbehaving children than it does awarding the good students for their good behivior..

Posted January 11, 2007
Both my girls go to the school one is in the full-day kindergarten and the other in 2nd and as the parent I have enjoyed the experience the staff is great and they try to inform of anything important. I plan on keeping my girls in the school.

Wildwood Elementary School
500 North Wildwood Street, Westland, MI  48185
Last modified Wildwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wildwood Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top