White Lake Township, MI

Posted September 17, 2014
Oxbow has a new principal who taught there for many years. It has a whole new feel. I would suggest you give it a chance.

Oxbow Elementary School 2

Posted August 12, 2014
My son spent two years at this school and if it wasn't for the teachers we would of left immediately. I was supposed to have an appointment with the principal that never happened. Kept rescheduling it until I finally gave up. She referred to my child as a problem child.. His teacher had to step in and correct her on what type of student my child is. Completely unprofessional. If you're not a part of the "clique" you're not welcome. Would recommend not sending your child to this school.

Oxbow Elementary School 3

Posted February 25, 2014
My child started going to this school in 2009, when the new principal was brought in.and the school rating was a 9... The office staff is wonderful, the teachers are fantastic, and the kids all love the lunch lady! However, the disciplinary actions taken against bullying is awful, the children only get 4 min.from the time they sit down, to eat lunch, and are forced to throw out the rest of their food, the recess personnel are not observant, and when told of negative actions, just tell the child to stay away from the kids that are picking on them, and the women in the lunch room, are extremely rude to the kids, don't allow talking during lunch. If it weren't for the fantastic teachers, and the help THEY offer, our children would no longer go to this school. It's a shame, the old principal comes in to sub time to time, and shows great care and pride for the school, staff, and most importantly, the students,, the current principal, seems to not care at all, and I've talked to other parents who's children had the old principal, and say the same. I now see why the schools rating had dropped!

Posted November 15, 2011
I went to Oxbow, and enjoyed every year spent there, the school helped me get my act together and now that I am in highschool, behavior issues are a thing of the past. The teachers there are great and very helpful, i respect them all. Thanks to my teachers for helping me be who i am today. :)

Posted March 16, 2011
NOTE: The Oxbow Principal is new as of 2009-2010. This should be considered when reading ratings and comments that are based on the Principal's leadership.

Posted October 31, 2009

Posted January 30, 2009
I have never written a review before; however, I had to write one about Oxbow. It is a wonderful school. My son has a rare condition called Central Auditory Processing Disorder. It was first discovered by his speech therapist at school. His teachers have helped in with all areas of learning that this disorder affects. They have done so lovingly and without causing him to feel 'different'. My son has also had trouble with some students on the bus bullying him. One phone call to the principal Mrs. Berry and all was handled. If any more incidents occur I know she will handle them. His teacher last year, Mrs. Nardell, was bar none exceptional, as is his main teacher this year Mrs. Plezia and also Mr. Renlund. My children transfered last year into Oxbox from a private school. The quality of education and commitment from the teachers/staff is excellent!

Posted November 22, 2008
My son attends Oxbow after being transferred from Baker Elementary. I have read every review here and I must say that there has got to be some other issues in play with the persons giving unfavorable reviews of the school. First off, this school does NOT frown on accelerated learning! My son's teacher, Jodi Bolyard is one of the best teacher's I have ever met! She is the most supportive of individuals imaginable, and takes an interest in every child she teaches. As for the front staff, they go out of their way to make sure that you are accommodated in any way possible and that goes for the Parent's as well. My son has had some 'incidents' with other students or on the bus and the principal handled things immediately and duly. So, other issues with other parents posting here must not be known. Oxbow is a great school!

Posted November 21, 2008
I absolutely love Oxbow and think the entire staff is great. I read the reviews about the principal and I have to disagree with them. She is very committed to the children and truely cares about what she does.

Posted May 27, 2008
My daughter goes to this school and has had some trouble learning at the same pace as the other children. I have had great help and patience from the staff including the principal at Oxbow, and i thank them for that. My daughter has overcome her trouble and with great help from all involved. Again than you.

Oxbow Elementary School
100 Oxbow Lake Road, White Lake Township, MI  48386
Last modified Oxbow Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oxbow Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top