No rating

St. Patrick School

Private | K-8 | 446 students

Living in White Lake

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $120,100. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $880.

Sweep tile

Posted March 13, 2014

Not a school you can believe in. The middle school is a mess. A few good teachers, but the students are allowed to run the place. Bullying, time taken away from learning, rudeness are common place. Administration allows this to happen. Not what I consider a school you can believe in. Don't waste your money.

Posted February 18, 2014

Excellent so far!. My son is in fifth grade and has been at St. Pats since young 5's. We (and he) love it so far and we've been very happy with his teachers. Parents and kids are great. Our experience has been all positive.

Posted February 11, 2014

Horrible communication, absolutely no feeling of "service" even though families are paying for a service. They talk a good game, and those parents that are there 24/7 are given much preferential treatment. I was snowed in the beginning, and the elementary experience is what we were looking for, but the Middle School experience is much different. Administration is more about slapping your child with a "violation" rather than communicating with you. If you are not a favorite you may as well get out. They know that the homework load is heavier than high school yet, there is no support from teachers when a student does not understand. Don't waste your money. Look at the recent reviews. Limited opportunities for Middle School students.

Posted February 10, 2014

Very disappointed in the Middle School. I had my issues with the lack of communication or concern at the Elementary level. The sink or swim mentality doesn't quite jive with the motto.Principal acts like she cares but the attitudes and disconnect of the teachers does not change. There are a few good teachers but majority are there to collect a paycheck. The after school care touts homework help...but don't expect anything that even resembles that. If you are a working parent who can't be in the building constantly....expect your children to be forgotten. Very sad and a waste of your money.

Posted October 2, 2013

Funny to read all the comments below. It seems there are quite a few families not too happy with the Middle School. Add me in as one of them! The middle school, like previously mentioned is full of unhappy, negative teachers. The principal allows this behavior from the teachers to continue, No matter how many times a parents complains, she does nothing!! So sad, but my children were so miserable and unhappy in the middle school, I also took my kids out of that place and they are in public school which means they are soooo much happier and they are doing incredibly well with a positive environment that encourages learning and growth instead of a negative environment, Like I suspected too, they were actually behind academically when they started in Public school. behind in Math, Science and Language arts!!! What a waste my tuition money was at SPS!!!! I would steer clear away from this school!!! Only people happy are like the previous comments have mentioned, the class favorites!!! You have been warned!!!

Posted June 25, 2013

BEWARE THIS MIDDLE SCHOOL STINKS!!! The teachers are miserable, burned out and play favorites!!! DO NOT SEND YOUR KIDS THERE!! The principal makes new families think they have the best school but it is absolutely the most miserable place on earth for a young middle schooler!! Please listen to the comments below!! Why do people still send their kids to the middle school at Saint Patricks!! After grade 5 I would saw RUNNNNNNNNN

Posted April 20, 2013

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY AT SAINT PATRICKS. THE MIDDLE SCHOOL IS VERY BAD. THE OTHER COMMENTS ARE TRUE, BAD TEACHERS, NEGATIVE ENVIRONMENT AND A PRINCIPAL WHO WILL NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT THESE TEACHERS. EARLIER COMMENTS TALKS ABOUT THE CLIQUES, IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SCHOOL EITHER AS A PARENT OR STUDENT - GOOD LUCK, NOTHING WARM AND FUZZY ABOUT THEM. DON'T WASTE THE MONEY.

Posted April 20, 2013

Beware, this school is great at making you think it is fantastic, but once you spend a few years in it you will discover how negative it is and how much the middle school teachers don't like to teacher, the kids or even their jobs! It is a very negative environment and you get no support from the principal, she tells you that she cares, but she doesn't! The middle school program is horrible. The teachers have their favorite students and those are the only students happy. I removed my kids from this school and they are so much happier, it is amazing the difference being out of that place. The other comment is very true, it is a very NON christian environment. Mean kids, teachers and parents who act like they are still in high school. Beware, of the trickery to get you in! They are very good at making you feel like YOU are the one with the problem not them.

Posted January 4, 2013

This school is NOT one I would recommend for middle school. Very good for grades K-5 BUT once you get into Middle school, forget it! This is probably the most UNCHRISTIAN environment you can be in which is quite sad for a CHRISTIAN school! The middle school teachers are negative and look at the kids as bad seeds. They see nothing good about the kids, which btw is a great group of kids. I agree with the previous comment, the middle school teachers are angry, unhappy and need to find new jobs! The principal is very nice but very ineffective!

Posted May 16, 2011

I grew up at this school, from kindergarten to 8th grade, and I could not have asked for a better place to spend nine years of my young life. I am a senior in high school now, soon to be graduating, and I still look at St. Patrick's school as my home. I loved his place, and often wished I could go back during my high school years because of the amazing environment St. Pats provided. My teachers were great, and St. Pats helped me grow to be the mature young woman I am today. I also believe that the a alembics at St. Pats well prepares you for high school and even college. I was a member of the National Honors Society at my high school, and I will be attending the Honors College at my university. St. Pats has been such a huge part of my life, and I am so glad my parents sent me here when I was just five years old. St. Pats may very well have been the best nine years of my life.

Posted April 21, 2011

I would definately recommend sending your child here from K-5th grade but not middle school. The teacher quality is low. Many rush through chapters just to get the test over with. Some teachers are lazy or not willing to answer question or help when student do not understand the lesson. Overall the teachers are not terrible but they also are not very good. Socially, I could tell you that you would never want to put a child through it. As I said before K-5th grade is fine but when you reach middle chool you wan tnothing to do with it especially if you do not prefer cliques. St. Pat's is my home and I've been here for 7 years but St. Pat's is an unhealthy home filled disfunctions and 7 years filled with regret.

Posted December 14, 2007

St. Patrick is not only our school, but an extension of our family. It shares our values and believes. The sense of community, respect and learning is amazing. The teachers and staff are highly educated and teach the whole child, not just the mind but the heart. Our new principal has given new energy to the school. There are so many exicting new things going on. My son is in first grade and he loves going to school. He loves his teachers and he loves his friends. I volunteer a lot at his school and I love to see the kids learning, to see them truly care about their classmates. It is not easy financially, but the investment in my child's education is worth every cent.

Posted January 2, 2007

This school is wonderful from an academic, parent involvement and extacuricular activities. The principal and priest however need to get with how the world runs today however. Marketing the school is definitely needed and parent accomodation is needed. They need an after school care program to entice people to send their kids and keep the ones they have. Again, we love the school but some new administrators are definitely needed to keep the school in business.

Posted December 29, 2006

I had the pleasure of teaching at St. Pat's(Junior High)for a few years before becoming a full time student again myself this year. St. Pat's is truly an amazing school! As my students always said...'it rocks'! I would enthusiastically recommend St. Patrick School to anyone who asks...you can't go wrong with a St. Pat's education. St. Pat's students are well prepared to go on to high school - academically, socially, and emotionally...and it is a wonderful faith community. My graduating 8th graders always felt like the class had become family...just check out how many St. Pat's grads come back for regular visits with teachers and staff...LOTS! That in itself speaks volumes! :)
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted September 18, 2006

Hi I am an 8th grader at St. Patrick. This is my 9th year here at St. Patrick. I have loved ever second I have spent here, I am so sad to be leaving the school at the end of the year. I can not begin to explain how much I have learned from the school. I know I will be prepared for high school. I will never ever forget my roots here at St. Patrick. They have built me a strong educational base.
—Submitted by a student

Posted July 20, 2006

I have 2 children at St. Patrick's; one is going into 2nd grade and the other into the Full Day Kindergarten. It is a wonderful school. The teachers talk to the children not at them and teach not only academics but values. As a parent you can be as involved as you like. The school values parent involvement. It is too bad that someone had a bad experience but you get out of something what you put into it. If you do not value your childs education and are not willing to participate in it then no, this school may not be for you. But if you do have values and want your child to have a well rounded academic and social upbringing in a safe and caring environment then St. Patrick is the place to be.

Posted May 30, 2006

I am a seventh grader at St. Pats and I couldn't be more happy with my school. The teachers are even better than the ones you see on TV, they really love what they are doing and care about the students. In my grade there are no cliques. Everybody is friendly to everybody. Almost every single parent is involved in school comitees, fundraisers, class prodjects or lunch duty. We have great sports and clinics. There are scouts for everyone.There is cheer-leading and dance group for school spirit. We used to have a drama club, but the teacher who ran it had had a devestating family issue earlier this year and had to cancel but they will be back next year.
—Submitted by a student

Posted April 20, 2006

It's too bad the last person who wrote had such a negative experience with such a great school. Fact: There is a wonderful Mentor Family Program in place to help match up new families with experienced ones to help them with questions and guidance to programs within the school. There are also numerous Scouting programs to get children involved in. Some programs may be cancelled due to reasons beyond the teachers control. I say it's definitely worth the money! Check it out!

Posted April 17, 2006

I have two children who attend St. Pat's. The academics are a step up from the public schools, but that's only because they turn down those below the 50th percentile. They have a lot of young and clueless teachers who don't like to hear from parents. Since my children didn't start in kindegarten, they have been unable to break into the extremely cliquey atmosphere. The school does nothing to welcome new students. The schoool offers a lot of sports, but only the best get to play. They offer nothing for those who are not jocks. They had a drama club but cut it off mid year after all the kids tried out and memorized their lines. Again, this decision was made with zero input from parents. Don't waste your money!!

Posted May 3, 2005

I have 2 children at St. Pat's. K-all day and 3rd grade. I have found that all the teachers are very reseptive to parent involment. I find the school to be a very loving place. They are very strong in all subjects compared with other schools in the area. I have never been more happy with a school.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

African-American 0% 20%
Asian 0% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Multiracial 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Language learning

Foreign languages taught
  • Spanish
School leaders, update and verify information here.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
Associations
  • NCEA
Fax number
  • (248) 698-4339

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Foreign languages taught
  • Spanish

Staff resources available to students
  • Assistant principal(s)
  • Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Detroit

Sports

Boys sports
  • Baseball
  • Basketball
School leaders, update and verify information here.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

9040 Hutchins St