No rating

St. Patrick School

Private | PK-8 | 500 students

St. Patrick is consistently ranked in the top ten schools of the Archdiocese.

Living in White Lake

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $120,100. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $880.

Posted Thursday, October 16, 2014

St. Patrick School is the best decision we ever made for our kids education and well being. This is our 10th year at the school. Our oldest is in 8th grade and started there in Y5. We have two kids there. The education goes far beyond the textbooks. The staff cares about the kids. Life lessons are taught here too. There are many opportunities for kids to grow and gain confidence beginning at the elementary level (drama club, student council, sports teams, 4th grade plays, Coming to America 1st grade, readings at Mass). The teachers and staff get those kids up speaking in front of large groups right away--which teaches many life lessons and gives kids good skills to move forward. Most teachers offer extra help over lunch if a student is struggling with a concept. Self control and respect is taught-- If you ever go to a school assembly this is evident by the behavior of the students. Nothing is perfect but overall we have had very few disappointments in our decision to spend money on our kids' education there. If you are looking for an excellent Catholic education from preschool through 8th grade St. Patrick is it!

Posted September 25, 2014

St Patricks White Lake grade school is an outstanding school with highly dedicated staff and faculty. The education and social interaction that my children receive is far beyond that of other schools. I truly appreciate how dedicated the parents and educators are to raising the children/students with integrity, morals, and self-discipline. It's rare, and great, to see a school with such a strategic plan for educating students in today's global setting.

Posted September 23, 2014

We have been involved with St. Pat's for six years now. With two children having both started in kindergarten, I must say have been truly impressed with the quality of education, the personal interest of the teachers in the students and the passion of the parents to continuously improve the school.

Posted May 21, 2014

I disagree with the negative comments below. I love St. Patrick. I have had 3 children attend the school. The addition of Mr. Clark (the vice principal) has been a welcome addition! In his first year he has positively interacted with the children and really gotten to know them, and their needs. St. Patrick provides a warm caring environment, combined with a strong academic curriculum. I highly recommend it!

Posted March 13, 2014

Not a school you can believe in. The middle school is a mess. A few good teachers, but the students are allowed to run the place. Bullying, time taken away from learning, rudeness are common place. Administration allows this to happen. Not what I consider a school you can believe in. Don't waste your money.

Posted February 18, 2014

Excellent so far!. My son is in fifth grade and has been at St. Pats since young 5's. We (and he) love it so far and we've been very happy with his teachers. Parents and kids are great. Our experience has been all positive.

Posted February 11, 2014

Horrible communication, absolutely no feeling of "service" even though families are paying for a service. They talk a good game, and those parents that are there 24/7 are given much preferential treatment. I was snowed in the beginning, and the elementary experience is what we were looking for, but the Middle School experience is much different. Administration is more about slapping your child with a "violation" rather than communicating with you. If you are not a favorite you may as well get out. They know that the homework load is heavier than high school yet, there is no support from teachers when a student does not understand. Don't waste your money. Look at the recent reviews. Limited opportunities for Middle School students.

Posted February 10, 2014

Very disappointed in the Middle School. I had my issues with the lack of communication or concern at the Elementary level. The sink or swim mentality doesn't quite jive with the motto.Principal acts like she cares but the attitudes and disconnect of the teachers does not change. There are a few good teachers but majority are there to collect a paycheck. The after school care touts homework help...but don't expect anything that even resembles that. If you are a working parent who can't be in the building constantly....expect your children to be forgotten. Very sad and a waste of your money.

Posted October 2, 2013

Funny to read all the comments below. It seems there are quite a few families not too happy with the Middle School. Add me in as one of them! The middle school, like previously mentioned is full of unhappy, negative teachers. The principal allows this behavior from the teachers to continue, No matter how many times a parents complains, she does nothing!! So sad, but my children were so miserable and unhappy in the middle school, I also took my kids out of that place and they are in public school which means they are soooo much happier and they are doing incredibly well with a positive environment that encourages learning and growth instead of a negative environment, Like I suspected too, they were actually behind academically when they started in Public school. behind in Math, Science and Language arts!!! What a waste my tuition money was at SPS!!!! I would steer clear away from this school!!! Only people happy are like the previous comments have mentioned, the class favorites!!! You have been warned!!!

Posted June 25, 2013

BEWARE THIS MIDDLE SCHOOL STINKS!!! The teachers are miserable, burned out and play favorites!!! DO NOT SEND YOUR KIDS THERE!! The principal makes new families think they have the best school but it is absolutely the most miserable place on earth for a young middle schooler!! Please listen to the comments below!! Why do people still send their kids to the middle school at Saint Patricks!! After grade 5 I would saw RUNNNNNNNNN

Posted April 20, 2013

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY AT SAINT PATRICKS. THE MIDDLE SCHOOL IS VERY BAD. THE OTHER COMMENTS ARE TRUE, BAD TEACHERS, NEGATIVE ENVIRONMENT AND A PRINCIPAL WHO WILL NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT THESE TEACHERS. EARLIER COMMENTS TALKS ABOUT THE CLIQUES, IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SCHOOL EITHER AS A PARENT OR STUDENT - GOOD LUCK, NOTHING WARM AND FUZZY ABOUT THEM. DON'T WASTE THE MONEY.

Posted April 20, 2013

Beware, this school is great at making you think it is fantastic, but once you spend a few years in it you will discover how negative it is and how much the middle school teachers don't like to teacher, the kids or even their jobs! It is a very negative environment and you get no support from the principal, she tells you that she cares, but she doesn't! The middle school program is horrible. The teachers have their favorite students and those are the only students happy. I removed my kids from this school and they are so much happier, it is amazing the difference being out of that place. The other comment is very true, it is a very NON christian environment. Mean kids, teachers and parents who act like they are still in high school. Beware, of the trickery to get you in! They are very good at making you feel like YOU are the one with the problem not them.

Posted January 4, 2013

This school is NOT one I would recommend for middle school. Very good for grades K-5 BUT once you get into Middle school, forget it! This is probably the most UNCHRISTIAN environment you can be in which is quite sad for a CHRISTIAN school! The middle school teachers are negative and look at the kids as bad seeds. They see nothing good about the kids, which btw is a great group of kids. I agree with the previous comment, the middle school teachers are angry, unhappy and need to find new jobs! The principal is very nice but very ineffective!

Posted May 16, 2011

I grew up at this school, from kindergarten to 8th grade, and I could not have asked for a better place to spend nine years of my young life. I am a senior in high school now, soon to be graduating, and I still look at St. Patrick's school as my home. I loved his place, and often wished I could go back during my high school years because of the amazing environment St. Pats provided. My teachers were great, and St. Pats helped me grow to be the mature young woman I am today. I also believe that the a alembics at St. Pats well prepares you for high school and even college. I was a member of the National Honors Society at my high school, and I will be attending the Honors College at my university. St. Pats has been such a huge part of my life, and I am so glad my parents sent me here when I was just five years old. St. Pats may very well have been the best nine years of my life.

Posted April 21, 2011

I would definately recommend sending your child here from K-5th grade but not middle school. The teacher quality is low. Many rush through chapters just to get the test over with. Some teachers are lazy or not willing to answer question or help when student do not understand the lesson. Overall the teachers are not terrible but they also are not very good. Socially, I could tell you that you would never want to put a child through it. As I said before K-5th grade is fine but when you reach middle chool you wan tnothing to do with it especially if you do not prefer cliques. St. Pat's is my home and I've been here for 7 years but St. Pat's is an unhealthy home filled disfunctions and 7 years filled with regret.

Posted December 14, 2007

St. Patrick is not only our school, but an extension of our family. It shares our values and believes. The sense of community, respect and learning is amazing. The teachers and staff are highly educated and teach the whole child, not just the mind but the heart. Our new principal has given new energy to the school. There are so many exicting new things going on. My son is in first grade and he loves going to school. He loves his teachers and he loves his friends. I volunteer a lot at his school and I love to see the kids learning, to see them truly care about their classmates. It is not easy financially, but the investment in my child's education is worth every cent.

Posted January 2, 2007

This school is wonderful from an academic, parent involvement and extacuricular activities. The principal and priest however need to get with how the world runs today however. Marketing the school is definitely needed and parent accomodation is needed. They need an after school care program to entice people to send their kids and keep the ones they have. Again, we love the school but some new administrators are definitely needed to keep the school in business.

Posted December 29, 2006

I had the pleasure of teaching at St. Pat's(Junior High)for a few years before becoming a full time student again myself this year. St. Pat's is truly an amazing school! As my students always said...'it rocks'! I would enthusiastically recommend St. Patrick School to anyone who asks...you can't go wrong with a St. Pat's education. St. Pat's students are well prepared to go on to high school - academically, socially, and emotionally...and it is a wonderful faith community. My graduating 8th graders always felt like the class had become family...just check out how many St. Pat's grads come back for regular visits with teachers and staff...LOTS! That in itself speaks volumes! :)
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted September 18, 2006

Hi I am an 8th grader at St. Patrick. This is my 9th year here at St. Patrick. I have loved ever second I have spent here, I am so sad to be leaving the school at the end of the year. I can not begin to explain how much I have learned from the school. I know I will be prepared for high school. I will never ever forget my roots here at St. Patrick. They have built me a strong educational base.
—Submitted by a student

Posted July 20, 2006

I have 2 children at St. Patrick's; one is going into 2nd grade and the other into the Full Day Kindergarten. It is a wonderful school. The teachers talk to the children not at them and teach not only academics but values. As a parent you can be as involved as you like. The school values parent involvement. It is too bad that someone had a bad experience but you get out of something what you put into it. If you do not value your childs education and are not willing to participate in it then no, this school may not be for you. But if you do have values and want your child to have a well rounded academic and social upbringing in a safe and caring environment then St. Patrick is the place to be.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%
African-American 0% 19%
Multiracial 0% 2%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Art teacher(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Reading specialist(s)
Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
School social worker/counselors(s)
Speech and language therapist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Tagalog
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • Differentiated learning programs
  • Speech and language therapist(s)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

• PE instructor(s)
  • Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Cooking club

School start time
  • 7:55 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Mrs. Carol Budchuk
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 4 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Direct instruction
  • Gifted / high performing
  • Standards-based
  • Teacher-run
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• Computer specialist(s)
  • Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Reading specialist(s)
  • Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
  • Teacher aid/assistant teacher
  • Differentiated learning programs
  • Remediation
  • Tutoring
Transportation options
  • School shares bus/van with other schools
  • Access to sports fields
  • Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Learning lab
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room
  • Performance stage
  • Playground
  • Science lab
Partnerships with local resources and organizations

Sports

• Drama
Media arts
  • Graphics

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Book/reading club

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Monitor the playground
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer in the classroom