PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

St. Patrick School provides a small school community that shares the same Catholic values as our family. It provides strong academics which is providing our kids a solid base for being independently successful in high school. We are thrilled at how each of kids have developed academically through various opportunities offered by St. Patrick's school. They have each gained strong leadership skills and being at a Catholic school has enhanced their Catholic values and given them a strong sense of belonging to a great school community.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Leadership skills are developed at St. Patrick's school by providing small group study groups and presentations, student council, NJHS, after-school clubs, Choose Kindness drive, and many more!

Discipline and accountability for parents and kids. Fun atmosphere with clubs, activities, athletics and meaningful projects that bring awareness of world events and culture. Kindess is clear throughout the school, a true "community". Academically challenging and prepares students for advanced subjects in high school and university - students are above average academically, driven in part by the smal class sizes and high talent of the teachers.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers provide a nurturing environment for my children. We often listen to our children talk about something they learned from their teacher. We've also noticed that the teachers have been very supportive of the individual needs of our children.

St. Pats has been academically challenging for our two children. We have found the academics, faith, teachers, discipline, athletics, and after school programs to be excellent. The IOWA test is administered every October, and the students of St. Pat's are, on average, well above grade level in the tested areas. The faith-based curriculum is instilling strong values, that is being further reinforced with this year's theme of "Choose Kind". As parents, we find there is a strong sense of community, and sending our children to St. Pats has been an outstanding choice for our family!

I think St. Patrick has been a great school for my kids. They completed kindergarten through eighth grade. My high school children were well prepared for high school and clearly have respect for adults (parents included). Is it perfect? Well probably not. The things that I do love are the continuation of cursive writing and I especially love the public speaking they do through all of their years.

This school is NOT one I would recommend for middle school. Very good for grades K-5 BUT once you get into Middle school, forget it! This is probably the most UNCHRISTIAN environment you can be in which is quite sad for a CHRISTIAN school! The middle school teachers are negative and look at the kids as bad seeds. They see nothing good about the kids, which btw is a great group of kids. I agree with the previous comment, the middle school teachers are angry, unhappy and need to find new jobs! The principal is very nice but very ineffective!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

especially in the middle school, the elementary is fine, a few very good teachers in elementary but the middle school is a mess with very bad teachers

Saint Patrick's School is fine until you hit year 6,7, and 8 then it is all down hill. The teachers are burned out, unmotivated and not interested in teaching the kids in an interesting and motivating way. The new principal is better than the one that just exited so far, but still much to early to tell for sure. The middle school teachers play favorites. Those students who are straight A students get to do everything fun, those who might need extra help are demoralised. I read a few other posts, one about its unchristian environment. I absolutely agree, especially in the middle school, not very Christian even though they have a nun part of the middle school! I would NOT recommend this school at all. There are so many better schools for your child to attend. When I removed my kids - they were all unprepared for the other schools, basically they were behind in science, math and English - which I believe are the weakest links at SPS. Go elsewhere!!

Our son has had a fantastic experience at this school. It is a caring community with plenty of opportunities for student and parent involvement. My son is learning the importance of respect and kindness toward others, integrity, personal responsibility and helping those who are in need. My son is receiving a high quality education that goes beyond the concepts he is learning in the classroom. He is learning skills that will help him become a thoughtful, compassionate and well-prepared adolescent.

Last modified St. Patrick School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8