White Lake, MI

Posted November 02, 2014
Saint Patrick's School is fine until you hit year 6,7, and 8 then it is all down hill. The teachers are burned out, unmotivated and not interested in teaching the kids in an interesting and motivating way. The new principal is better than the one that just exited so far, but still much to early to tell for sure. The middle school teachers play favorites. Those students who are straight A students get to do everything fun, those who might need extra help are demoralised. I read a few other posts, one about its unchristian environment. I absolutely agree, especially in the middle school, not very Christian even though they have a nun part of the middle school! I would NOT recommend this school at all. There are so many better schools for your child to attend. When I removed my kids - they were all unprepared for the other schools, basically they were behind in science, math and English - which I believe are the weakest links at SPS. Go elsewhere!!

Posted October 27, 2014
Our son has had a fantastic experience at this school. It is a caring community with plenty of opportunities for student and parent involvement. My son is learning the importance of respect and kindness toward others, integrity, personal responsibility and helping those who are in need. My son is receiving a high quality education that goes beyond the concepts he is learning in the classroom. He is learning skills that will help him become a thoughtful, compassionate and well-prepared adolescent.

Posted October 24, 2014
St. Pat's is a great school! We have attended since preschool and every single teacher has been stellar! They are very focused on providing an excellent education to our children and challenge children to do their very best. We like the after-school clubs and after-school care that is offered too!

Posted October 16, 2014
St. Patrick School is the best decision we ever made for our kids education and well being. This is our 10th year at the school. Our oldest is in 8th grade and started there in Y5. We have two kids there. The education goes far beyond the textbooks. The staff cares about the kids. Life lessons are taught here too. There are many opportunities for kids to grow and gain confidence beginning at the elementary level (drama club, student council, sports teams, 4th grade plays, Coming to America 1st grade, readings at Mass). The teachers and staff get those kids up speaking in front of large groups right away--which teaches many life lessons and gives kids good skills to move forward. Most teachers offer extra help over lunch if a student is struggling with a concept. Self control and respect is taught-- If you ever go to a school assembly this is evident by the behavior of the students. Nothing is perfect but overall we have had very few disappointments in our decision to spend money on our kids' education there. If you are looking for an excellent Catholic education from preschool through 8th grade St. Patrick is it!

Posted September 25, 2014
St Patricks White Lake grade school is an outstanding school with highly dedicated staff and faculty. The education and social interaction that my children receive is far beyond that of other schools. I truly appreciate how dedicated the parents and educators are to raising the children/students with integrity, morals, and self-discipline. It's rare, and great, to see a school with such a strategic plan for educating students in today's global setting.

St. Patrick School 4

Posted September 23, 2014
We have been involved with St. Pat's for six years now. With two children having both started in kindergarten, I must say have been truly impressed with the quality of education, the personal interest of the teachers in the students and the passion of the parents to continuously improve the school.

Posted May 21, 2014
I disagree with the negative comments below. I love St. Patrick. I have had 3 children attend the school. The addition of Mr. Clark (the vice principal) has been a welcome addition! In his first year he has positively interacted with the children and really gotten to know them, and their needs. St. Patrick provides a warm caring environment, combined with a strong academic curriculum. I highly recommend it!

Posted March 13, 2014
Not a school you can believe in. The middle school is a mess. A few good teachers, but the students are allowed to run the place. Bullying, time taken away from learning, rudeness are common place. Administration allows this to happen. Not what I consider a school you can believe in. Don't waste your money.

Posted February 18, 2014
Excellent so far!. My son is in fifth grade and has been at St. Pats since young 5's. We (and he) love it so far and we've been very happy with his teachers. Parents and kids are great. Our experience has been all positive.

Posted February 11, 2014
Horrible communication, absolutely no feeling of "service" even though families are paying for a service. They talk a good game, and those parents that are there 24/7 are given much preferential treatment. I was snowed in the beginning, and the elementary experience is what we were looking for, but the Middle School experience is much different. Administration is more about slapping your child with a "violation" rather than communicating with you. If you are not a favorite you may as well get out. They know that the homework load is heavier than high school yet, there is no support from teachers when a student does not understand. Don't waste your money. Look at the recent reviews. Limited opportunities for Middle School students.

St. Patrick School