Bad
Good

Whitmore Lake Elementary School 2

Posted May 05, 2015
The past few years have seen a rapid decline in the quality of education provided at the elementary level. The younger grades seem unaffected, but the older students, who should be at the middle school now, are taking the brunt of district realignment and teacher reassignment. The new superintendent has done a commendable job of getting word out to families and making the district more transparent, but my child is today not getting the education that originally brought us to the district years ago.

Posted January 05, 2014
WLES is a wonderful school! The teachers are very passionate about teaching and consistently go above and beyond for their students!

Whitmore Lake Elementary School 1

Posted June 11, 2012
Before the year of 2012 the school was perfect but know (2012) something has changed, the staff and some teachers don't respect the students and parents.

Whitmore Lake Elementary School 4

Posted June 11, 2012
We would like to thank you our old principal Mrs.Waters. She build a strong school she appreciated everybody. I would like o say thank you to the teachers who taught my sisters and brother. So far, our new principal, Mrs.Krista Bethke she has been trying hard we would like to say good luck. Have a safe summer!!! ----Alexandra (old student)

Posted November 21, 2011
I have 4 kids going to WLPS. Three of them currently in Elementary and one went through all classes of Elementary to the half way of the Middle school. Big majority of teachers and administration are very friendly and careful. They're looking very careful to individual needs of every each of my kids and placed them to appropriate level. We moved to a different school district 5 years ago, but still don't want to change the school even if we have to travel to school and back 5 times a day (2 times in the morning and 3 times in the afternoon). We're paying over a $200 per month for the gas along, but still brining our kids to WLPS school. They have great music program, great Principal, Music and Math teachers in the Middle school and outstanding teachers and administration in Elementary school. Being in Brighton school district and close to South Lyon schools we're still going to WLPS. Great school and I recommend it to everybody!

Whitmore Lake Elementary School 1

Posted November 16, 2010
I am a local parent with 3 children in a Charter School 22 miles away. Several years ago WLSchools were not desirable. I am considering bringing my children locally. However, I have heard there was a huge teacher turnover. How is this affecting the WL schools rating??

Posted October 13, 2010
I feel that this is a good school!

Posted September 23, 2010
It is a friendly place, with a wonderful staff and terrific people!

Posted February 09, 2010
WLES truly cares about what's best for INDIVIDUAL kids! As a school of choice family we chose WLES because they listened to our concerns about the right placement for our daughter. She attended a Montessori preschool and had started reading/doing math at 4yrs old. When we brought our concerns to the principal, Mrs. Waters, she LISTENED, recommended testing and had a summer meeting with the educational team to discuss the results! Ultimately, they placed her in first grade to meet her individual needs. In addition, the multi-age program lets kids work at their own level and feels like a family. The 1st/2nd students work with 3rd/4th students for a variety activities. My child has a 4th grade buddy that she adores! The teachers (Striz/Davis) are AMAZING! If you're looking for a small school that really cares about your child and will listen to you as a parent, choose WLES!

Posted July 16, 2009
I am very pleased with Whitmore Lake Elementary School. It has dedicated and devoted teachers who invest in each child s life. They designed individual teaching plans to meet the needs of each child. My daughter has learning disabilities. They are real encouragers giving her confidence to do her best. My child loves school, she loves her teachers and Mrs. Waters, the principal. My husband is amazed how the children run to give her hugs. How much different this is than when we went to school!

1077 Barker Road, Whitmore Lake, MI  48189
Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. (734) 449-2051
Last modified Whitmore Lake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.