Whitmore Lake, MI

Posted December 13, 2013
As a parent you're always concerned about doing what is best for your child. At Whitmore Lake that same concern carries over with both the teachers and the principle of the school. We have run into to nothing but caring and compassionate individuals dedicated to teaching our child. While the school is small the accommodations they make and the attempts to be able to deliver a diverse amount of other educational opportunities is impressive. They have a strong music and theater program, as well as a good range of electives for the children to choose from. While they may not have the absolute latest and greatest in technology the teachers do everything they can to leverage the technology they do have to help deliver an exceptional classroom experience for the kids. Without hesitation I would recommend Whitmore Lake High School as well as the other schools in the District, our oldest is currently attending the high school and our younger children are in the elementary and we plan to stay here because you can't beat the level of caring and commitment on the part of those associated with the school.

Whitmore Lake High School 2

Posted May 24, 2013
This school might look good from the outside, but once you know what goes on in here is a whole other story. As me being a student here, I believe that this school is not worthy to attend. Since a VERY tight budget is in place, the school has cut down on 40% of its elective (fun) classes. The teachers are crazy, and some are very disrespectful towards students. Sometimes, even teachers even fight with each other. I personally witnessed it before. The bullying in this school is sky high. Most students here are bias, usually against blacks, Jews, and gay people. The technology is old, most of the computers don't even work. The lunch selection is poor, most of the food is gone within 5 minutes after the cafeteria is open, and they have very limited items for breakfast and lunch. The bus transportation is crowded, to the point where there is 3-4 people in a seat. The principal at the high school is so self-centered, doesn't care about the students, and you will get you in trouble for really doing nothing. If you wish to enroll your student here, I personally do NOT recommend coming here. I believe your son/daughter would immediately want to leave the minute they get here.

Whitmore Lake High School 1

Posted March 30, 2011
Great elementary school. Lots of bullying in middle, way too many kids in a class. Almost all highschoolers drink and are druggies. Not good.

Posted February 15, 2009
The teachers in this school have always went above and beyond for my children. My kids have attended a few different districts in the area, and I haven't found a more caring, professional staff than that of Whitmore Lake. This small school really offers a lot to its students.

Posted October 24, 2007

Whitmore Lake High School 3

Posted February 02, 2007
Both of my children attended W.L. schools from pre-school through graduation. I found the schools to be very rigid and inflexible in dealing with students (not just my children). The teachers tended to be 'cliquish' and very set in their ways. The school offers very little for gifted students.

Whitmore Lake High School 4

Posted November 15, 2005
I am a parent of two students within the WLPS (one HS and one MS). The programs that WL offers are good! As a small school they work hard to provide a safe, positive learning enviroment to our students. Their goal of Exceptional Personalized Education is something that they take very seriously. The new HS (opens next year) will help.

Whitmore Lake High School
7430 Whitmore Lake Road, Whitmore Lake, MI  48189
Last modified Whitmore Lake High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Whitmore Lake High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top