Wyandotte, MI
Students enrolled: 1,393

Roosevelt High School 4

Posted July 07, 2010
I have had two children graduate from Roosevelt although I did not grow up here myself. I think the district has offered many opportunities for the kids to grow as individuals eventhough the budget was very tight. They are able to work wonders to still offer higher level (although not as many as we would like) classes while maintaining art and music. This is a real balancing act and it is difficult in an economically challenged area. My children were prepared by some very good teachers and were accepted at a very selective school. One is an honors student at that school and seems to have been very well prepared and we have high hopes for the other as well (she is just starting). The principal was very good and involved in many activities of the students. We expect the administration to remain positive. Sports were stressed a bit too much.

Roosevelt High School 0

Posted December 17, 2009
I believe that Roosevelt High School has some wonderful teachers that are dedicaded and will do anything to help a child better themselves but not all Some of the Teachers are more interested in tearing down a childs self esteem rather than help them build a good self esteem and unfortunately the bad are beginning to out rule the good. I have two other children who has graduated from Roosevelt and there years were great, teachers great but over the past two years I have watch the school turn into more of a dictator of rules and less of a educator It's like education take is now second to dictatorship.

Roosevelt High School 0

Posted September 18, 2009
Coolest School, National Band Exposure for the city, great teachers, conselors, and principles. I know I had to deal with them thery're superb

Roosevelt High School 2

Posted October 26, 2008
I am a junior in this school and I cannot wait to leave it. My freshman year was my best as it was still safe and no pointless rules had been passed until the next year. Now that we've pushed schools together in several districts, RHS is now becoming dangerous and is becoming more institutional than educational. We are being monitored everywhere and even then, they can't keep everything safe. And they spend far too much money on athletics rather than academics. I would love to take more creative classes, but they were all taken out in order to put in more PE. Even with this tight hold that they call 'safety', there isn't a lot of expression and some of the teachers are sketchy. Really, graduation may be one of the best days of my life.

Roosevelt High School 1

Posted September 03, 2008

Posted July 05, 2008
This school is just great! When I wake up every morning I'm actually excited to be going to school!

Roosevelt High School 3

Posted June 20, 2008
First off the teachers are awesome but, I do not believe that you are challenged enough nor this school did prepare me for college (even though I took some college prep classes)...I have read other reviews saying that people were proud of their association with RHS but I (an alum) am not...and I would never want my children to attend RHS.

Posted January 15, 2008
My son went to charter schools and Dearborn schools in Michigan and both failed him. I think that this school should be rated a 10, great teachers and after school programs.

Posted November 16, 2007
this school has helpful teachers, good sports programs and music programs, and the classes contain a lot of interaction between teachers, students, and classmates.

Posted April 30, 2007
A student who choses to can get an excellent education at RHS. They have unusual (for a high school) class offerings. There are a variety of programs and all of the teachers work hard to bring a good experience to their students. There is a big variety of extracurricular activities from sports to service clubs. The school does an excellent job even with the poor funding and constraints of 'No Child Left Behind'

Roosevelt High School
540 Eureka Road, Wyandotte, MI  48192
Last modified Roosevelt High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Roosevelt High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top