Wyoming, MI

Godfrey-Lee Early Childhood Center 0

Posted September 16, 2009
I was the former principal of this school. The staff, students and parents are the best.

Posted June 03, 2009
My daughter and I have enjoyed our time at ECC. I wish they had more of a challenging program, but the staff have been great and my daughter really enjoys school. Yes the parking lot stinks and really isn't very safe but, my daughter enjoys the school and I guess that's what's important. I'm not sure what will happen when she moves from ECC. I'm not too sure about the Elemantary School. Maybe things will change by then. I like the fact that the school system is small. I think it's important for children to be able to have a chance for some one on one guidance with their teacher. Kudos to ECC.

Posted May 13, 2009

Posted October 29, 2008
Personally, I think this is a great school. I am there often and everytime I am, I am greeted by several happy people--parents, teachers and children. My oldest children had some of the teachers--they were great then and still are as far as I can see. Why do people look for the negative things that are beyond the school or teacher's control (parking etc). Let's be greatful we have such a great school and teachers.

Posted October 22, 2008
I do not agree with the parent who wrote the previous review. There is chaos in the parking lot because people just stop in the middle of the lot to drop off their kid while everyone waits, but everything else about the school is wonderful. Nice teachers, nice kids. I am proud to have my children attend the ECC.

Godfrey-Lee Early Childhood Center 1

Posted September 28, 2008
My son is in kindergarden and honestly Im not happy with ECC. The teacher is nice but honestly there are so many kids to one teacher. Everyday I go to drop him off Im amazed at the disfunction. There no where to park, theres no organization on drop off zones. Its very much a Hispanic school 8o% -20% other, there isnt much variety besides that. When my oldest attended I was so impressed with ECC but 6 later all I can say wow,what happened?. There are so many kids, honestly I believe most are from the GRPS system and since they are at the border line of wyoming . 5 yrs later

Posted July 12, 2007

Godfrey-Lee Early Childhood Center 3

Posted November 10, 2006
This is my daughters second year (kindergarden). The teacher is great, I really feel she is concerned about my daughters progress. I do feel there is a lack of parent involvement because the PTA does not do a good effort to involve more parents. I am thinking of transfering my daughter out of ECC because i am not very happy about the kids going outside during winter time to have their art and music class. I belive the big kids can go outside and use this portable classrooms not the little kids. Also, some of the teachers are not very friendly. I feel lucky that my dauthter has the teacher she has, she is very caring and communicates with me very well. I hope the other teachers can learn from this teacher. I just wish there was more parent involvent to make this school a better school for the community.

Posted January 10, 2006
I am unsure if this school system will be sufficient for my child in the future only because it is a smaller school system. On the flip side I feel that they hire quality teachers that really know how to teach each child uniquely. This school a diverse enrollment base as well as faculty too. I feel that they are trying new things and making sure that each child does not get left behind. I graduated myself from this school system but this is my son s second year attending this school (Kindergarten). This is a fairly new program offered by a school system that has been providing education for many years and I really think that they work with each student, parent, and faculty as individuals. The first day was a little hectic with feelings of uncertainty and not informed but GLECC has recovered by keeping us parents informed and involved.

Posted March 17, 2005
I feel that this school is doing great, all the teachers are kind, and the home work that my niece brings home makes me feel confident. I do feel that Gym could be more of a program, more than once a week.

Godfrey-Lee Early Childhood Center
961 Joosten Street Southwest, Wyoming, MI  49509
Last modified Godfrey-Lee Early Childhood Center is a Public school that serves grades K-2
Godfrey-Lee Early Childhood Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top