Bad
Good

Transferred my child to this school from another school in same district with an extremely unsupportive and negative principal. The staff at Grand View is incredible. My child needs special supports and has made positive gains at Grand View that weren't possible at the previous school. The teachers at Grand View are allowed to state their opinions and be an offbeat or difficult child's champion instead of insisting the child with learning disabilities is unteachable and needs to be sent out of the district. Teacher difference between last year and this year is like night and day. My child's prior teacher was negative and irritated with him; the new teacher is positive giving regular communication and loving words. The principal and assistant principal at Grand View are phenomenal. Only con is it is a very large school and for the older children, there are "clicks" of kids. It was hard for my older child to find a comfortable fit. This wasn't an issue at the prior school but no doubt prepares my older child for middle school. GV is amazing and the staff truly cares about your child. Everything they have done for us, they have done with love and concern.

I removed my child from Grand View due to excessive favoritism. The teachers are actually very good, but the administration is unaware of who the troublemakers really are. A child of a different color or background will certainly be a scapegoat. My advice is to do some research if your child is new or unique in any way. .My child had leadership skills that were being extinguished at Grand View - I chose a local charter school and my child is truly flourishing

Grand View is such a great school. wonderful, warm, professional and friendly staffs. they make my children feel safe, happy, very excited to go to school each morning and they always come home telling me about the "cool", new things they have learned. They truly work towards the children's best interest. I love how the teachers work with parents and the open communication couldn't be better! I could not ask for more, my children and I are very happy with the school.

Grand View is an excellent school! It has strong, fair yet nurturing leadership. The principal and asst principal both live in the community and have kids in the school. I have 2 kids in the district. One still at Grand View and the other has moved on to higher levels. I love the open communication with all teachers and staff. And our family really benefited from the extra academic help from the paraprofessionals. In my experience most of the teachers are truly enthusiastic about helping the children learn and grow as individuals. There are many opportunities for parent involvement. It's a good community to be involved in.

I give the school a five star. The staff is really the difference to me for this school. The front office staff are very helpful and informative when you need them. The teachers are very accessible to answer questions you may have or to give advice when you need it for your child. The projects that are done by the students surpass any other schools that I know of. I have 4 kids in the school right now and we have never had a teacher that wasn't very helpful and kept me updated at all times. I am very happy with the school and the communication it has with the kids and parents.

I feel this a very good school. The teachers are personable. The school not only makes parent very involved but has open communication at all times. I have 4 children and I think this was the best choice by far we made for our kids. Would strongly recommend this school to anyone and actually do all the time.

This school gets A+. My child feels safe and very happy to attend this school. The teacher to above and beyond in making sure each student feels that they are an individual who counts. The parents have a high level of volunteering in all aspects and take care of copying, hanging art, fundraising ($20,000 budget) and assisting the teachers so the teachers can concentrate on teaching. The parent/teacher conference attendance is 99%. The Principle and Vice Principle are above average and make the children and the parents feel that they are truly working for the best interest of the kids. The students enjoy 'specials' outside of the classroom with different teachers Art, Gym, Science, Music & Computer Lab. The students enjoy field trips, assemblies and classroom parties funded by the PTC. We love this school!

Last modified Grandville Grand View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.