Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

High stakes standardized testing seems to be most important, even at primary grade levels. High student teacher ratio does not allow students to receive the attention they need.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

There is nothing overwhelming about the teachers at this school. Some are great, some are not, much like anywhere you go.

Amount of homework: no rating

Homework is not long but it is "busy work" and I wonder what value students are getting out of it.

Develops character: Agree

A strong moral focus helps foster these concepts. It is integrated in the curriculum which helps reinforce it.

I have three students at South Arbor and can only say great things. We have involved families, nice students, and impressive teachers and administrators. This school has a safe environment where kids can achieve. I recommend it to everyone!

I am a parent of two former South Arbor students. We transferred this past year to the top rated Ann Arbor schools due to overwhelming pressure from family, friends and teachers (in AAPS) suggesting my children are missing out on better opportunities offered in the Ann Arbor Schools. This includes academics, extracurricular, teacher/staff support and social interactions. After a few months in AAPS I've come to realize the exceptional education, supports and overall quality of friends my children had at South Arbor that can not begin to compare to AAPS. With that and being said we will be returning to South Arbor in the fall. Also to show I am not bias, sill living in Ann Arbor, I grew up going to the best AAPS. Things are not the same in public schools as they were when I was a kid. I want the best for my children and South Arbor is the best choice these days.

South Arbor Charter Academy is an awesome school. My daughter attended a public school in grades K-4th but got extremely behind in terms of academics achievement. She has been at South Arbor for a year and a half and has improved tremendously! They are very serious about academics and do whatever it takes to help EVERY student be successful and at grade level.

Any 'school' that doesn't know the difference between a selfless Hero and a self-serving, narcissistic celebrity is UNFIT to teach the children who will become our future!

If you want your young and impressionable child indoctrinated into left-wing liberalism, then this is the school for you. Just check out their "Hall of Heroes"...pathetic!

Staff is so nice and helpful. I like the school because of so many reasons.

Last modified South Arbor Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.