Public charter
Ypsilanti, MI

Posted July 01, 2014
Often times, change brings on negative responses based upon the new and unknown. Questions that need to be asked and answered are: Is my child safe?; Does my child learn and enjoy going to school?; Am I really putting my child's welfare first or my personal dislikes first...these can be two totally unrelated issues; and Do I have access to teachers who welcome my partnership in the education of my child? In the final analysis, it is every parents right and responsibility to find the best fit for their child and this must be respected and encouraged.

New Beginnings Academy 3

Posted August 30, 2013
I'm a little unsure about this year. I LOVE this school. However the new director is not what I would expect New beginnings to have. Her getto talk makes her sound uneducated. For a woman with what understand to have a a very high education it is not what I was expecting. At all! I do not what this school to go down like the schools around Ypsi have and I hope I don't have to find another school if need be I will. I will not have the person that teaching my child. Teaching them that improper English is the way to go in a formal setting. This year will tell me all I need to know

Posted September 01, 2011
I am the new Director of New Beginnings Academy. Our goal is to create a learning environment of Collaboration for Kids. We believe that every child can learn and each child learns in their own way. We individualize. We have a strong core curriculum for student success and we have enhanced math, reading, p.e., technology, library, and art to develop the whole chlid. We encourage parent involvement and we invite you and your children to visit our school and join our family.

New Beginnings Academy 1

Posted December 09, 2010
I am very dissappointed as a parent, and grandmother. I really don't think my child will be attending here next year. Praying for the School. Parents you really need to get up there to see what's going on, or come to the P.T.O. Meeting!!!! God Bless

New Beginnings Academy 0

Posted January 07, 2010
At first I thought NBA wa a great school but now this is my childs second and last year there. The classes have mixed grades like 1st & 2nd. I think it is a bad idea. Teachers are overwhelmed. Too many students not enough teachers. Students are not learning as much as they should.

Posted October 21, 2009

New Beginnings Academy 0

Posted October 14, 2009
I am proud to say that our teachers go the extra mile to make sure that students get more than just an education. Students recieve essential skills that make navigating this community and the world possible.

New Beginnings Academy 5

Posted October 06, 2004
My child has been with new beginnings academy since it began later my daughter began to attend as well. I am impressed and pleased with the curriculum and academic encouragement at the school. One of my fears when my kids began school was that they would not be challenged. New beginnings has managed to continually challenge my kids and I love the parental input and involvement when it comes to deciding their course of work. I also approve of them encouraging character, community and morals as well as academics. They also encourage personal self esteem for the children. The only thing I would change about the school would be to let it go higher than 5th grade.

New Beginnings Academy 5

Posted August 02, 2004
The personal attention each child receives at New Beginnings Academy, coupled with the encouragement and expectation of parental involvement, creates an environment where children will excel. The communication and cooperation between the staff and parents creates a strong sense of community, and makes the educational experience a very personal one to each family. The principal is without question the most professional and best I've seen in a school yet. My daughter was lucky enough to have attended from the first year and the academic advantages of New Beginning's approach, particularly in the early stages of a child's education, is evident in my daughter's study habits and comprehension level. I believe attending New Beginnings for her formative years gave her an advantage that will last the rest of her life. It's a shame the school only goes to 5th grade and that every other school isn't like this one.

New Beginnings Academy 3

Posted July 17, 2004

New Beginnings Academy
211 East Michigan Avenue, Ypsilanti, MI  48198
Last modified New Beginnings Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
New Beginnings Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top