Rawsonville Elementary School 2

Posted February 04, 2014
The classrooms are overcrowded with no teacher aids or paraprofessionals. There are 30 kids in a class. My child's class was out of control. My child struggled to learn and the teacher had too many other children with high needs to be of adequate help. The office staff were disrespectful and rude. My child became depressed and frequently made remarks about being a bad and dumb kid once starting this school. My child was frequently bullied by other children and the school did not do enough to stop it.

Posted August 30, 2012
This is one of the worst schools that my child has ever been to. The teachers do not listen to you when you tell them that your child needs more help. If you want your child to thrive & achieve consider any other school but this one! My child struggled with reading, I told them that I thought she might be dyslexic. They claimed every thing was ok that she just need a little extra help, so I just worked with her more with some tips for dyslexic children & she started to improve & it showed on her report card too. Then the teacher mentioned she was struggling & wanted to put her in the "no child left behind program" I said okay because I thought the extra help would be good, that was a big mistake! I started to notice my daughters personality change dramatically she became shy & withdrawn, she started to hate school & didn't fit in with her class mates & would come home crying almost everyday. (She has always been confident, bubbly & never had trouble making friends so this was disturbing to see her change & become so sad.) No child should be made to feel this bad about them self's. The teachers need to focus on helping the child, not harming them.

Posted January 10, 2012
I attened Rawsonville when Mrs. Green was Principal and it was a great school my younger sister as well went there but now that my brothers are there with the new principal Mrs Smith the school is horrible! Most the teachers are great but since this new principal alot has changed for one if a child is late for any reason including doctors appt they do not allow your child to have hot lunch just a cheese sandwich and milk not the cooks but the lunch ladies are rude and disrespectful there are reports of them putting there hands on the children. The office staff like Mrs Cobb is so rude and mean to the children i have seen her yelling at many. If your child is sick forget about them calling home Mrs Cobb sends them back to class. It is very unorganized i have waited a while while staff and even the principal have walked right past me. Lastly forget having anything handled by the principal she does not care you go to her and she of course backs the staff and she also sent a friend of mines son home because his hair was blue for the lions said he could not come back till it was out of his hair and u can not change a class principal wont allow it! Stay away from Rawsonville!!!!

Posted October 28, 2010
They put bureaucracy ahead of making sure children excel. When asked if a child can switch classes because they seem genuinely unhappy in their current situation the principal informed us that it was not possible as classes are balanced by race. It's been terrible watching my child struggle after doing so well previously with another teacher and after reaching out getting no assistance from the staff.

Rawsonville Elementary School 3

Posted July 07, 2010
I agree with the parent who stated that kids can leave with any person..ID ARE NOT CHECKED!! As a single parent, who's last name does NOT match my child..everytime I have ever picked up my child..I have NEVER been asked to show my ID even when my child had no clue that I was going to pick him up!! SHAME!!! My son's father is NOT on my son's release forms...but my son would come to him openly.. His father has NO rights to him. This scares me that my child father or wife could just come and pick him up and check him out of school. GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER AND CHECK IDS VS RELEASE FORMS!!

Posted January 12, 2010
I also strongly agree with the parent who submitted input regarding bias's towards a parent,particularly with principal Susan Farber and attempting to communicate and getting stable answers from her or anybody in the office is impossible.Although I have observed that certain staff are interested as well as involved,Im not convinced the kids are being academically taught to the ability needed.It especially caught my attention when I reviewed what my nephew who attends a different district already learned in a grade a year behind my kids.If I had the choice at present,my kids would not be attending this school.They do not have the stamina or the resources for what the children deserve.Do your studying and check out the districts high schools for mind blowing evidence.

Rawsonville Elementary School 4

Posted August 29, 2008

Rawsonville Elementary School 2

Posted August 01, 2008
there are not enough sports , the children can walk away from the school at the end of the day with anyone because there isn't any one paying attention. All the teachers have been great as far as on a person to person basis. But I feel the kids to be more challenged then what they are.

Rawsonville Elementary School 5

Posted April 29, 2008

Rawsonville Elementary School 4

Posted December 15, 2006

Rawsonville Elementary School
3110 South Grove Street, Ypsilanti, MI  48198
Last modified Rawsonville Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rawsonville Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top