Bad
Good

This center offers no structure. The staff is not educated and offers no support for children with disabilities. I was told that I should not bring my son in on Friday's because the girl working is a para-pro and is not as qualified to work with him as the other woman.

I'm sad to be leaving this school as my son moves on to 2nd grade. I hope we will be as happy with his next school. He has had great teachers and enjoyed his time there.

Worst school I have ever encountered in my life. Students are out of control, learning below grade level, and are allowed to hit other children with no consequences. When the child that is being hit tells a teacher they are told to stop being a tattle tale. School starts whenever parents decide to drop off their children and have them eat their free breakfast, which normally ends making the children who are actually there on time start class 45 min late. Teachers and principal have no control over these children or their rude parents. I unfortunately had to give this school one star just to post this comment.

As a frequent visitor grandparent, I think this is an extremely child friendly school with the latest in facilities, security, technology and teaching methods. The principal is sharp, dedicated and is very passionate about providing a stellar school for the children. Her leadership is eviden. The "culture" is that leads to order, cleanliness and happiness in the air. Teachers are caring and our experience with every staff member has been positive. From the office to the lunchroom everyone cares about the kids and their comfort, safety, and success. The kids enjoy the gym, music room and library, all child size and well equipped. Every classroom has computers and there is a computer lab they attend as a class. My granddaughter didn't go to prekinder and yet her development in the Montesori program was amazingly fast and she caught up to those kids that had prekinder, and more. Her reading, writing and math abilities, and also critical thinking are progressing nicely. Kinder brought little homework, first grade has some home practice. Overall, it is a top notch school.

Great school, good teachers, they have advanced technology and lots of facilities for the kids.

This is a really good school. The teachers and staff are really concerned about the education and well being of the children. They also encourage parent involvement.

My son attends preschool at Perry and loves it. It's a very quality education and the fact that it is four half-days a week for free (including bus service!) is pretty amazing. The kids do a lot of great projects with writing letters and numbers, reading, art projects, and music class once a week. My son loves his teachers as well, though admittedly, one of the cons is that I sometimes feel like they are expecting an argument from parents when just trying to have a casual conversation or ask simple questions. I also find the office staff to be unhelpful and even rude, but I do my best to ignore it considering the overall positive.

My husband and I both attended Perry as children and had no qualms about sending our preschooler there. Mrs. Blevins and Ms. Long are the hands-down best preschool teachers I could have hoped for and have endless patience and creativity. My son learned how to write his name within a week of starting school! They practically have all the kids reading before the end of the year which is amazing considering they are all typically 4-years-old when they start class. Love Perry, and to echo another post, just wish it went beyond 2nd grade.

Ms. Blevins and Mrs. Long's preschool classroom is AMAZING! The teachers are very nice and they do home visits twice a year, parent-teacher conferences, and the parent is required to help in the classroom once a month. My daughter has completely thrived in this preschool program. Her and the rest of her classmates are more than ready for kindergarden. You should definitely take advantage of this program if you have a little one you would like to place in preschool. I am amazed at how the teachers keep the children engaged and excited about learning! It a very loving, gentle, peaceful, creative learning environment!

I love the teachers my son has had over the last two years. And more than that, he loves them. All of the Perry staff are wonderful. The academic and lessons are great and giving the kids a good foundation. Everyone is very involved and there for the children. Parents are always welcome to help at any time. There is the option of before/after school care right at the school.

Last modified Perry Child Development Center is a Public school that serves grades K-1