PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

The school you chose for your children is one of the most important decisions you will ever make. We thank God everyday that we chose Huron Valley Catholic School for our 4 children. For us, we needed a school that was not only strong academically, but also a strong community. We wanted our children's classmates, their teammates, their reading buddies and their friends at school to have families that share similar beliefs that our family does. Yes, You need a school strong in academics. Which is HVCS is. Yes, a school that inspires our children to want to learn is important. And HVCS does this from pre-k through 8th grade. The principal and teachers must be top-notch. They must be professional, respectful and have integrity. But they must be loving and kind too because they have our children 7 plus hours a day. The teachers and principal at HVCS love our children like their own. Praying with and for them daily. Encouraging the children, challenging them, sharing with them their faith and their relationship with Jesus Christ. Its amazing to see so many alumni now sending their children to HVCS, it is a testimony to the amazing education and formation they received 20 plus years ago and now they are entrusting their children to some of the same inspiring and Christ-Centered teachers they were taught by. HVCS truly is a community. We are so thankful that our children spend their days with these amazing teachers, classmates and families. HVCS will not disappoint.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers believe the motto of the school: "the way to the mind is through the heart." They teach with care and respect for the students and this leads to tremendous effectiveness.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The teachers lead by example in terms of honesty, integrity, and fairness. Students are called to a high standard.

We love Huron Valley Catholic School. Our children are receiving an excellent education and authentic Catholic formation. The atmosphere is vibrant and family friendly.

Huron Valley Catholic is known for its academic excellence, emphasis on faith and character formation, and authentic catholic environment. The principal, teachers, support staff, students, families, priests, and alumni make up an amazingly unique community. Our four children are thriving at HVCS and love going there! My husband and I are both alumni and remain friends with several former classmates. The friendships made at Huron Valley, formed in an environment of faith, respect, compassion and joy - these are friendships that last a lifetime.

HVCS is an excellent school - academically, socially, and spiritually. We love being part of the HVCS community

We consider ourselves incredibly fortunate to be a part of this wonderful school community. Our 3 children receive a phenomenal education but more than that they are truly nurtured and loved. The teachers and staff are the most dedicated group of teachers we have ever known. The size of the school lends itself to ideal class sizes that are very rare to find elsewhere. We have students from parishes and cities all over Washtenaw County and beyond. Graduates flourish in their high school settings and I think that speaks volumes of the kind of environment HVCS fosters. The culture of faith is seen in every detail throughout the school and in interactions between students, families and staff. We tease at home that this school is indeed the best kept secret in Ypsilanti! Just walk into the school building and you will not only see but feel the difference!

Huron Valley Catholic School is a blessing! Each teacher cares deeply about each student - there is nowhere else where my kids would feel so well loved by their teachers! Each staff member truly has each student's best interests at heart. The academics are tough, the leadership is excellent. There is a great deal of research and best practices put into place to ensure that HVCS is an excellent academic and Catholic learning environment.

Huron Valley Catholic School is a wonderful school. We have been blessed to have been at this school for 11 years and we have seen all of 5 of our child flourish in the loving environment from learning how to read, teaching them about their Catholic faith and then preparing them for high school. But most importantly the teachers and staff love God and it shows in their everyday lives as they teach and care for our children.

As both parents of three current students and alumni ourselves, my husband and I are THRILLED to again be part of this amazing and truly blessed school. Huron Valley made all the difference for my Christian and moral development as a young person, equipped me for the rigors and social challenges of high school, and gave me the skills and self confidence to graduate magna cum laude from the University of Notre Dame. My husband and I are both practicing Catholics and are so very pleased with the Catholic aspect of an HVCS education. The teachers and staff are passionate instructors, meeting each child where he/she is at academically and socially. They are kind, loving, and are real role models for our children. As a parent visiting the school, the students are strikingly well-behaved, polite, and happy. A quality education is an investment, and HVCS continues to produce the kind of students that I want my children to be. I am very grateful for the opportunity to send my kids to HVCS. If I can offer anything to my children to steer them towards both professional success and the moral development necessary to exercise that power with integrity, an HVCS education is that gift.

Last modified Huron Valley Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8