713 students|Fortis Academy

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

My daughter was being harassed by another student that didn't believe that one of her cultures matches with the other girls culture . . . needless to say she started to annoy, then harass and torment my daughter. . . my daughter tried to ignore her, stood up to her but it didn't stop. . . so she took the matter to the teacher and the office staff and they had a meeting with the girls and the meeting was effective enough that the girl has a different respect for my child . . . they are not friend but she is not mean to my daughter . . .

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

I love the way they break the students into groups and have them help each other or have groups just outside the class room that helps other kids that need the extra help . . .

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Everyone, the Principal, Vice Principal, the teacher and other staff members are each very effective in their roles at the school. . .

Develops character: Strongly agree

The awards at the end of the month helps to boost the confidence of the kids . . . especially when the kids vote for the child they believe displayed that character for that month . . .

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

So far I have had luck in the pick, my daughter has had a wonderful line up of teachers from kindergarten to 3rd grade

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

the fact that the kids get a packet that they can complete over a week time at their pace is wonderful instead of having home work every night that is due the next day . . .

Today I asked my daughter "if I won the mega million, do you want to be home schooled or still go to Fortis" the look on her face was priceless . . . "mom money can't stop me from going to school at Fortis I'm still going . . .I'll keep the money talk to myself no one has to know "

I am a teacher who has been at Fortis for many years! Throughout that time I have seen many things change, but only for the better. We challenge our students more and more every year to make them ready for high school and college. Every teacher in our building is very kind, loving, and caring. They go above and beyond for all of their students. They are continuously looking at their students' tests scores as well as classroom performance then the necessary changes are made in the information being presented to the students to better meet their needs. These are just a few reasons why I feel Fortis is an amazing place for children to begin their educational career!

I am a teacher who is also a parent of two current students (kindergarten and seventh grade) and one alumni student (who is currently a very successful freshman at an area high school). Fortis is an amazing place filled with staff members who care about each individual child and his/her growth. Teachers strive to challenge each child at their academic level and ensure the necessary growth to achieve college bound status by the time they graduate from Fortis. I highly recommend Fortis for any age student!

We love Fortis! My daughter is currently in the fourth grade. The only bad thing was the waitlist. Her name was chosen the week before school started and I had enrolled her in a private school. I called that school, and got her in Fortis and thank goodness! I went to a private school similar to the one I had enrolled her in, and I feel her education is as good as, or possibly better than what I had. FREE! What a blessing! All of her teachers have been fantastic and the principal is always attentive and on site. She has been in the accelerated classes, and it amazes me at the things she is learning and doing. Tons of extra curricular things too: clubs, sports, movie nights, skate parties, dances... and the list goes on of things to do with newfound friends within the school community. She has been there since Kindergarten and can't see any reason why she won't stay through the eighth grade. I would highly recommend this school!

Last modified Fortis Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.