Posted November 19, 2014
I love this school. I have a kindergartner and a third grader at this school. This is their first year at Fortis. My daughter came from AAPS, which I was completely dissatisfied with. I felt like the teachers and did not provide her with the attention she needs. She has excelled so much since being at Fortis, especially with reading and math, which were both her weaknesses last school year. I also really like how the staff and teachers really come to know each family at this school. It really feels like a family environment there. I highly recommend this school to all kids going into K-8 grade!

Posted May 01, 2014
I am a college student I did observation hours at this school. I have been to schools all over Ann Arbor for observation and this was far and away the best I went to. The teachers are kind, respectful, and knowledgeable. The principal and deans hold their teachers accountable and consistently check to make sure that they are actually teaching their students; this is extremely rare in a school (though it should not be). It was awesome to be part of the atmosphere at this school and I would recommend that people send their children their. They don't just fill students' minds with knowledge, they actually work to make them effective citizens.

Fortis Academy 4

Posted February 13, 2014
My child really likes this school. The teachers are supportive and there is a good environment for learning. I have never had a concern that was not promptly addressed and I feel the school is well ran. I plan on sending my younger child to this school when she goes to kindergarten as well since we have had a good experience there so far.

Posted January 05, 2014
My children have both gone to Fortis since kindergarten. My daughter is now in eighth grade and my son in third. Only my daughter has ever had a teacher leave mid year, once in kindergarten when the teacher's family moved out of state and the other this year due to pregnancy. The teachers and staff have always been nice, informative and kept us in the loop with what is going on with our children. They have worked with us to help our kids in many ways. Both of my kids are adhd and have been though the special education system at Fortis. My daughter was in special ed until fourth grade and my son is currently still receiving services. They saw my son needed more help in the classroom in kindergarten and they hired on an au para to be with him while he was at school to help him stay focus and to keep him from wandering off unsafely. She was phased out last year as he no longer needed her. Both my kids exceed their grade academically. Last year my daughter was bored to be repeating the same high school algebra she did in sixth grade yet the teacher worked with us on this and this year they are doing advance algebra and geometry. I always recommend Fortis to others and will continue to.

Posted December 13, 2013
Fortis Academy is an exceptional school with dedicated Teachers and Staff. The adjustable curriculum and nurturing atmosphere sets a parents mind at ease, all the while, providing a comfortable learning atmosphere for students. They cater to both the needs of the children and parents and preach parental involvement within the school, which lends itself to open and invaluable lines of communication between all involved. Whether it is a friendly wave at the beginning or end of the day, or the maximized effort they put forth to provide answers and solutions to potential problems, Fortis is a school that stands head and shoulders above the rest. With further emphasis put on integrity and morals, Fortis Academy delivers far beyond a quality education, providing developmental tools that last a life time.

Posted December 04, 2013
Fortis is a great school, my grandchildren have gone there for a total of nine years. The teachers are dedicated to the students and the curriculum fits the individuals needs. The principal is proactive and on top of everything that is going on in the school. I love the moral focus emphasis. The staff is also wonderful, You always feel special when you enter the school.

Fortis Academy 4

Posted December 04, 2013
So I can certainly identify the REAL reviews on Fortis Academy compared to the fictious one's created by whomever has the time and energy to make up such nonsense. My daughter started attending Fortis Academy as a Kindergarten the year it opened. Last year she graduated from Fortis as an 8th grader and has been extremely successful so far in high school. Fortis created a structured environment for her to stive in. She learned valuable life lessons along the way also. Not only was she academically prepared for high school, but socially as well. Fortis Academy and National Heritage Acadmies in general are a GREAT option for parents and students. I also have a 5 year old that will be attending National Heritage Academies this fall - I am confident that she will also get a great education and the tools necessary to successfully navigate through high school and college! Fortis Falcons Fly High!!!

Posted October 26, 2013
This school is like an experiment..students DO NOT get an education here. teachers are rude and inexperienced.

Posted October 10, 2013
Fortis was supposed to be a quality alternative to Ypsi public schools, but that is pure hype. My child was here for two years before I realized how much more her friends were learning at their regular Ypsi schools, and I got her back into a good school that has teachers who know how to teach.

Posted October 09, 2013
Teachers at this school have no idea how to teach. I was able to observe several teachers on several occasions, and repeatedly saw them administer mindless busy work that was unchallenging, repetitive, and rife with errors. The school prefers to hire inexperienced teachers to save money, which is great until they're teaching YOUR child. Avoid this school.

Fortis Academy
3875 Golfside Road, Ypsilanti, MI  48197
Last modified Fortis Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fortis Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 52 reviews. Top