Ypsilanti, MI

Posted June 01, 2013
My children have attended here for 7 yrs now. As soon as our son started in kindergarten he immediately made friends that to this day are very close. Everday they come home happy and share their day with us. I can't say enough great things about it. Test scores are amazing, son and daughter placed third in state for science and english in MACS. They wow the family with their Biblical knowledge and we know when they are at school they are in a safe loving Christ filled environment. Teachers go above and beyond for each child. Kids are accepted and parents are very welcomed to get involved. We are extemely pleased with CCA!!

Posted May 29, 2013
CCA is a great place for kids! I am a graduate of CCA, a former teacher at CCA and I now have 5 children enrolled in CCA. I appreciate the emphasis on the Bible. My children are so happy to be at school--they really enjoy their teachers and get an excellent education from them. It's a very safe and nurturing enviornment for children. My kindergartener cries when she's sick--not because she feels badly, but because she'll miss seeing her teacher and friends at school. At CCA basketball games, the high school kids do fist bumps with my elementary-aged kids, which is a thrill for my little ones. Miss White, the principal, is an excellent administrator-praying for the students and working with them to grow in a godly manner. Because the classes are so small, there is not a lot of homework, which allows for family time at home. The 1-2 grade teacher has the students do their work, then corrects is on the spot, giving them immediate feedback and allowing them to correct mistakes right away, which is one of the best ways for kids to learn. When the 5-6 grade studied the assembly line, they made their own assembly line, making cars out of Juicy Fruit packs! I love this school!

Posted May 29, 2013
My husb and I both graduated from CCA and our oldest will graduate in 2014. I love the fact that the class size is smaller, this allows for individualized attention. If a student doesn't understand something, they can raise their hand in class(and not be worried about being laughed at or judged!) and ask the teacher to explain again, or if they could give further examples, and the teachers GLADLY will oblige their request. The hallways are safe, no bullying, no cursing, no drugs....kids are completely safe in their school environment. Parents are always welcome on campus (after a check in at the front office, of course!!), and are welcome to speak w/the administrator or teachers at any time. Their doors are always open. The teachers are so caring and loving towards the students. They get to know each and every one of their students personally. My experience with this school has been wonderful, both from a student perspective and from a parent perspective. The feelings of comradery is like no other school I have ever been in. This school is a gem!

Posted May 15, 2013
I graduated from Calvary Christian Academy in 2010 and now attend a Christian university. I recently had the opportunity to talk to one of my teachers from Calvary, and we soon found ourselves laughing about all of the incredible memories we have from her class. The most unique thing about CCA is the fact that students receive a Christ-centered education from teachers who truly care about them and are invested in their lives. My class at CCA became my family. We still celebrate with one another and support each other, even though we're at different colleges. I am so grateful for CCA and how it prepared me for my future. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone who was looking for a school in the area.

Posted May 15, 2013
Two of my children graduated from Calvary Christian Academy. I was very pleased with the academics and the spiritual environment. One of our CCA graduates is a year away from completing Medical School. The other graduate just finished a degree in Nuclear Engineering from the University of Michigan. Neither could have achieved these goals without the excellent academic preparation they received at Calvary Christian Academy. More importantly, both are walking with Jesus Christ, which is the most important result. CCA played an important role in the spiritual development of my children. I highly recommend this excellent Christian School.

Posted April 27, 2013
Outstanding Practical Education. Over many years we have hired seven CCA graduates. These positions included clerical, accounting, AutoCAD design and engineering college students. Their performance in each of these positions consistently proved to be down to earth practical demonstrating honesty along with their excellent math, english and computer skills that are superior to other young hires over our 33 years of business. One of these CCA graduates hired in 20 years ago and after several promotions is now a Vice President and owner. As co-founder and an owner of Duckworth & Associates I am highly recommending Calvary Christian Academy.

Posted April 25, 2013
I love this school. I graduated from Calvary Christian Academy in the 1980s. A generation later, both of my daughters have also graduated from CCA. Similar story with my sister who graduated from CCA around the time I did. Her son also graduated from CCA with one of my daughters last spring. I started out in the local public schools. After a decade, the public schools hadn't taught me much and I had no direction. I enrolled in CCA for 10th grade and was tested to see how prepared I was for their 10th grade curriculum. Testing revealed I was far behind in all subjects. In English, for example, I was prepared to begin CCA's 7th grade curriculum. Still, I entered as 10th grader and the fall semester began. After three years of commitment from CCA's faculty to get me caught up, I was definitely caught up. When I was tested during my first month at college, I was awarded first place in English, having achieved the highest score in that year's freshman class. CCA gets the credit. I could give many other reasons to choose CCA, such as the family atmosphere and challenges to grow spiritually, but I'll conclude by stating the obvious: I'd definitely encourage others to choose CCA.

Calvary Christian Academy 4

Posted April 22, 2013
Calvary Christian Academy does an excellent job of preparing students for College. Every year its students do extremely well on the ACT. CCA is the only school my kids have known. My son received a great foundation for College in all of the important academic areas and is now pursuing a degree at an academically challenging Christian College. The school administrator leads the teachers in prayer for the students each day and they all show a personal interest in the kids. Teachers are willing to take time each day to help students if they are struggling. CCA is a very positive, genuine school.

Posted April 21, 2013
Calvary Christian Academy truly loves God and makes every effort to include God's Word into their daliy class lessons. The staff knows the students and do a great job in helping them succeed. This is not your typical school. It is tops in the way of Christian education.

Posted April 21, 2013
My son's school is the best Christian school in the area and also the most affordable. The teachers are very caring and the school is definitely Christ-centered. Most students qualify for scholarships upon graduation.

Calvary Christian Academy
1007 Ecorse Rd, Ypsilanti, MI  48198
(734) 482-1990
Last modified Calvary Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Calvary Christian Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top