Andover, MN
Students enrolled: 1,721

Posted February 16, 2015
This is our first year at AHS. We have had a couple of amazing teachers, Civics, Math & English have been hard working & wonderful teachers! We have unfortunately had a horrible experience with science. The lack of experience here has been evident on a daily basis. Very unprofessional and inappropriate comments made by the teacher on a regular basis. When questioned, the teacher avoids answering. The administration has yet to respond as well. It is evident that the teachers at this school are not monitored. The great teachers do amazing things for the students and their education. The poor teachers can do whatever they want and are not held accountable for their actions. If I could choose my children's teachers, we could have a great experience. Since we can't - this will be our last year here. We can't HOPE on an annual basis that we MIGHT GET A GOOD TEACHER. It's just not an option when you have high expectations for your child's future.
6 people found this helpful

Posted February 10, 2015
Great location & nice new building. The rating at this school is based on the amazing families in the community that make up the student population. The scores HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TEACHERS!!! Honestly, the laziest teachers we have ever worked with in our lives! The kids watch movies instead of learning. There are little to NO textbooks. Honors students are favored and the rest of the students are left to fend for themselves. If you want your kids to go to a school where they are completely on their own - this is for you. If you want a school where there are passionate & caring teachers who actually TEACH your child & prepare them for college - GO ELSEWHERE!!!
10 people found this helpful

Andover Senior High School 3

Posted April 03, 2013
It is very good for education at this school,but the people are very very judgmental and rude. they are horrible actually. people that attend this school say its just like the movie mean girls. witch is true.they're verry bad but if you can deal with it it will be worth it in the end.

Posted September 03, 2012
Wonderful school. Teachers are great and admin as well. Keep up the good tradition and work!

Posted April 07, 2011
a really great school. the teachers really prepared me well for college! Music is FABULOUS at Andover.

Posted February 23, 2011
The best school ever. My child has had the education of a life time with this high school. My child has had great teachers. I can tell that the teachers are doing a fantastic job at doing what they are there for. They have good discipline, education skills, and more. I recommend this school big time to parents with high school children. Overall an amazing school.

Posted February 22, 2011
The best school for education, social life, athletics, extracurricular activities, and more. I love this school. It is the best school I have ever went to. The teachers there do a great job there. I have great compliments for this school.

Posted September 01, 2010
the kids that go to this schoolare very insulting espesially the girl they have so many clicks if you dont fit in you get made fun of

Posted June 24, 2009
Andover has to be one of the best schools in Minnesota, we lead our district with the highest test results, excellent staff, and a student body that prides itself by showing respect and class. The school has brought up great sports teams, sending teams and individuals to state competitions every year. The music program is one of the most comprehensive in the extremely challenging district, with multiple all-state musicians, and 'best at site' awards. Overall this school has given me the best oppurtunities I could possible ask for and get.

Posted May 05, 2009

Andover Senior High School
2115 Andover Blvd NW, Andover, MN  55304
Last modified Andover Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Andover Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top