Anoka, MN
Students enrolled: 1,851

Anoka Middle School For The Arts 2

Posted October 11, 2011
First thing first, this school is huge. Due to budget cuts, two years ago, Fred Moore abd Sandberg merged into one school. The Dandverg building is over 100 years old, therefore has high upkeep costs. So they shut it down and moved all the students to Fred Moore. But there's no eay they could all fit into that building. So they shut down a local elementary school, (Wahington) and put all yhe sixth graders there. Both campuses are extremely overcrowded. The staff is nice, but it's hard to attention from them. And our new mascot is really lame. We're the cyclones, while anoka high is the tornadoes. It is an arts school, so why can't the administrators have a little creativity? Yeah, the whole arts thing is great, but taking one drawing class isn't going to turn me into an artist. And theater? Give me break. I gave up trying to get into a play after my fourth audition. And I did pretty good. So unless your child has tons of experience and a deep passion for theater, don't expext anything. The whole system is just really messed up.

Posted October 30, 2009
Fred Moore is awesome we are a center for the arts !!!And That is Unique.We also have Great teachers I love Fred Moore

Posted July 22, 2009

Posted June 14, 2009

Posted April 12, 2009
I like Fred Moore it gives me a chance to show my skills in the performing arts.

Posted November 20, 2008
I comes home so happy and I am so in shape!!

Anoka Middle School For The Arts 0

Posted November 01, 2007
FMMS Center for the Arts has appeared to be a success in consideration of the transition to an Arts focused public institution. The academic performance hasn't suffered and the arts are guiding the students to a new level of cooperative learning. I think that it is a model for the future of education. The correlation of the mixed curriculum is encouraging and my wife and I support every effort they make to bring their issues and successes to the community. Kudos to District 11 for making this move!

Posted August 28, 2007

Anoka Middle School For The Arts 4

Posted August 28, 2006
This school is Awesome! The teachers and principal were very supportive of my daughter this past year. I would highly recommend this school!

Posted September 28, 2004

Anoka Middle School For The Arts
1523 5th Ave South, Anoka, MN  55303
Last modified Anoka Middle School For The Arts is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Anoka Middle School For The Arts Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top