Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Bad office staff, mainly the blonde who badgers every student walking through the office door. Children's info isn't private around the office either. I knew everyone's business while sitting in there, including the staffs after work life. Lunch isn't accurate and only serve so many of option A or B so when one runs out, they're forced to take the other option. You're forced to buy a gym uniform, then write their name on it with a sharpie. Ridiculous. Forced to make-up gym hour if absent and will have to fill out a sheet keeping track of heart rate etc. while doing the make-up at home. Parent to teacher emails go unanswered until I contact the principle. Funny how that works. This school studies for the MCA's which defeats the whole purpose of the testing. Yearbooks are bought through Jostens but AMSA will not allow your child access to the yearbook based on AMSA "incentives" for students to turn in overdue books etc. Sorry but I paid a nice penny for the yearbook, don't hold your $3 library book against my daughter and withhold something I bought for her. It's no different than picking up a fundraiser item. Don't withhold what I buy. The security doors, many times I've walked through the door without anyone noticing or swiping my drivers license. Also, why are there only 2 pages in the yearbook dedicated to art? Isn't this an arts school? You'll find pages upon pages for the sports teams but 2 for art related activities. It's truly a deceiving school.

I think that this school is one of the best in Minnesota. The one thing that I don't like about it though is.... Hmm. Never mind! I thought that I had something to complain about but there is nothing! The teachers are great, and all the classes are awesome. Ive learned so much. And so much choices... there are so many classes to take, it can be too much sometimes, but that's good! lots of choices are good. I love this school and always will.

First thing first, this school is huge. Due to budget cuts, two years ago, Fred Moore abd Sandberg merged into one school. The Dandverg building is over 100 years old, therefore has high upkeep costs. So they shut it down and moved all the students to Fred Moore. But there's no eay they could all fit into that building. So they shut down a local elementary school, (Wahington) and put all yhe sixth graders there. Both campuses are extremely overcrowded. The staff is nice, but it's hard to attention from them. And our new mascot is really lame. We're the cyclones, while anoka high is the tornadoes. It is an arts school, so why can't the administrators have a little creativity? Yeah, the whole arts thing is great, but taking one drawing class isn't going to turn me into an artist. And theater? Give me break. I gave up trying to get into a play after my fourth audition. And I did pretty good. So unless your child has tons of experience and a deep passion for theater, don't expext anything. The whole system is just really messed up.

Fred Moore is awesome we are a center for the arts !!!And That is Unique.We also have Great teachers I love Fred Moore

I like Fred Moore it gives me a chance to show my skills in the performing arts.

I comes home so happy and I am so in shape!!

FMMS Center for the Arts has appeared to be a success in consideration of the transition to an Arts focused public institution. The academic performance hasn't suffered and the arts are guiding the students to a new level of cooperative learning. I think that it is a model for the future of education. The correlation of the mixed curriculum is encouraging and my wife and I support every effort they make to bring their issues and successes to the community. Kudos to District 11 for making this move!

Last modified Anoka Middle School For The Arts is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.