Anoka, MN
Students enrolled: 1,851

Anoka Middle School For The Arts 1

Posted June 04, 2015
Bad office staff, mainly the blonde who badgers every student walking through the office door. Children's info isn't private around the office either. I knew everyone's business while sitting in there, including the staffs after work life. Lunch isn't accurate and only serve so many of option A or B so when one runs out, they're forced to take the other option. You're forced to buy a gym uniform, then write their name on it with a sharpie. Ridiculous. Forced to make-up gym hour if absent and will have to fill out a sheet keeping track of heart rate etc. while doing the make-up at home. Parent to teacher emails go unanswered until I contact the principle. Funny how that works. This school studies for the MCA's which defeats the whole purpose of the testing. Yearbooks are bought through Jostens but AMSA will not allow your child access to the yearbook based on AMSA "incentives" for students to turn in overdue books etc. Sorry but I paid a nice penny for the yearbook, don't hold your $3 library book against my daughter and withhold something I bought for her. It's no different than picking up a fundraiser item. Don't withhold what I buy. The security doors, many times I've walked through the door without anyone noticing or swiping my drivers license. Also, why are there only 2 pages in the yearbook dedicated to art? Isn't this an arts school? You'll find pages upon pages for the sports teams but 2 for art related activities. It's truly a deceiving school.

Posted October 02, 2014
I think that this school is one of the best in Minnesota. The one thing that I don't like about it though is.... Hmm. Never mind! I thought that I had something to complain about but there is nothing! The teachers are great, and all the classes are awesome. Ive learned so much. And so much choices... there are so many classes to take, it can be too much sometimes, but that's good! lots of choices are good. I love this school and always will.

Anoka Middle School For The Arts 2

Posted October 11, 2011
First thing first, this school is huge. Due to budget cuts, two years ago, Fred Moore abd Sandberg merged into one school. The Dandverg building is over 100 years old, therefore has high upkeep costs. So they shut it down and moved all the students to Fred Moore. But there's no eay they could all fit into that building. So they shut down a local elementary school, (Wahington) and put all yhe sixth graders there. Both campuses are extremely overcrowded. The staff is nice, but it's hard to attention from them. And our new mascot is really lame. We're the cyclones, while anoka high is the tornadoes. It is an arts school, so why can't the administrators have a little creativity? Yeah, the whole arts thing is great, but taking one drawing class isn't going to turn me into an artist. And theater? Give me break. I gave up trying to get into a play after my fourth audition. And I did pretty good. So unless your child has tons of experience and a deep passion for theater, don't expext anything. The whole system is just really messed up.

Posted October 30, 2009
Fred Moore is awesome we are a center for the arts !!!And That is Unique.We also have Great teachers I love Fred Moore

Posted April 12, 2009
I like Fred Moore it gives me a chance to show my skills in the performing arts.

Posted November 20, 2008
I comes home so happy and I am so in shape!!

Anoka Middle School For The Arts

Posted November 01, 2007
FMMS Center for the Arts has appeared to be a success in consideration of the transition to an Arts focused public institution. The academic performance hasn't suffered and the arts are guiding the students to a new level of cooperative learning. I think that it is a model for the future of education. The correlation of the mixed curriculum is encouraging and my wife and I support every effort they make to bring their issues and successes to the community. Kudos to District 11 for making this move!

Anoka Middle School For The Arts 4

Posted August 28, 2006
This school is Awesome! The teachers and principal were very supportive of my daughter this past year. I would highly recommend this school!

Anoka Middle School For The Arts
1523 5th Ave South, Anoka, MN  55303
Last modified Anoka Middle School For The Arts is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Anoka Middle School For The Arts Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top