Apple Valley, MN

Posted January 27, 2013
My daughter has thrived at VMS; she has been given the opportunity to try new things and academically she has been placed in appropriate classes that challenge. I know that VMS has a bad rap but have found the school to do a great job of treating kids as individuals and preparing them for high school & beyond. They do a great job of recognizing students for hard work & good character (instead of just grades) through their Citizen Scholar program. They are also one of the first in the state to have a Nat l Jr. Honor Society program. The diversity at the school is one of its greatest strengths & weaknesses, I don't know of another place in the south suburbs that will introduce kids to what the real world looks like quite like Valley does. It helps teach them tolerance & pushes them to figure out how to work with people from different backgrounds, these are two lifelong skills. But of the flip side of that is the challenges diversity poses. With the diversity in the student body (in ethnicity, race, & economics) comes friction & struggles. But even with some of those challenges I am happy my daughter attends Valley & plan to have my son attend in as well.

Posted April 24, 2010
This school has been so good for my two grandchilren: supportive and caring Principal and administration; a diverse student body; excellent staff; provides outstanding leadership opportunities. They all much deserve such an award.

Posted April 19, 2010
Its where I went, my sister went, and now my niece is going. It has won national school of excellence awards. The teachers are excellent teachers, the coaches are excellent coaches.

Valley Middle School 4

Posted December 06, 2009
I recently attended, and have gone on to do well in high school and got into a respectful college with ease. All in all VMS did a good job, and i was taught everything i needed to do well in high school.

Valley Middle School 1

Posted January 30, 2009

Posted April 10, 2008
Not very good! Get rid of the open class rooms. Why are advanced students in with the not so advanced students? How do you not have physical education each day. Young boys are made to run around, they have alot of energy. Why is a young boy sitting in a classroom all day without any physical activity? This does not make sense. I would have never lasted in this enviroment when I was young. By the way I too was a boy with a lot of energy and found schools that teach only by lecture very boring and confusing. By they way, I am not a high school drop out, I am a father with a 4yr degree and a very important and respected employment.

Posted March 25, 2008

Posted November 25, 2007

Valley Middle School 1

Posted March 08, 2005

Posted February 02, 2005

Valley Middle School
900 Garden View Dr, Apple Valley, MN  55124
Last modified Valley Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Valley Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top