Scott Highlands Middle School 2

Posted October 19, 2014
I personally did not have a fantastic experience with this school myself. It is filled with cliques and stuck up people. The minute you walk in the door on the first day you are given your placement on how popular and 'cool' you look to others. If you aren't involved in sports and athletics you are already practically shunned by half the school. Certain extremely popular people run the school and can even hold the teachers on a leash occasionally. The staff can be very good, but many of them care little about the student or their education. Some teachers alone can make your time there miserable. I am on my third year here and have already witnessed one fight and have heard of a couple more that have happened out of my watch. Though harassment (both physical and emotional) happens, 'bullying' itself is pretty rare, but that's usually as long as you (general you) accept the place you've been given compared to everyone else. 'Welcoming' and 'friendly' are not exactly the terms I'd use to describe the people here.

Posted September 07, 2013
SHMS appears to have great resources available. My child just started attending this school last week and I was surprised to find in her school view account that she already has one tardy for getting to a math class late on the second day of class! She's still trying to adjust to the changes from elementary to middle school especially getting to different classes within a short notice. Newcomers beware.

Posted July 12, 2013
The support staff at SHMS is great. I have two kids currently going there. One of my children need special ed and the teachers in special ed actually care about the kids. The online access to grades is a great tool. The majority of the teachers are good at getting the grades in each day. The Moodle page is new and supposed to help us as parents know what our kids are learning so we can help with homework. Not all teachers know how this works so not all of them are using it yet. Mr. Wilharbur said we will be seeing the teachers using it regularly in the 2014 school year. I have lived in this area the majority of my life. Scott Highlands has continued to stay on the cutting edge of education.

Posted May 13, 2010

Posted April 19, 2010

Posted November 10, 2009

Posted February 27, 2009

Posted October 27, 2008

Scott Highlands Middle School 0

Posted March 18, 2008
Scott Highlands was the best 3 years of my life! The teachers are amazing, and the students are all very kind. There was never fights or arguments and bullying was not present in the hallways. I got the best education a kid of my knowledge could recieve. I am so proud to be a Scott Highlands citizen.

Scott Highlands Middle School 1

Posted July 19, 2007

Scott Highlands Middle School
14011 Pilot Knob Rd, Apple Valley, MN  55124
Last modified Scott Highlands Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Scott Highlands Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top