Apple Valley, MN
Students enrolled: 1,143

Posted June 22, 2015
We were Truly disappointed in the experience overall- and especially the leaders. Wish our daughter had gone somewhere else!

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 22, 2015
Please be very aware of what is happening with your students. Teachers and especially administration not ethical. If you have concerns you must go to admin, then to Dr. Parr, to superintendent and the school board. A message needs to be sent that our students need to be safe and need to have fair treatment and the best teachers who are current on strategies. If you can, avoid this school.

Posted June 07, 2015
If you have a special needs child (emotional vs physical), this is not the school for you. While the teachers are fantastic and very accommodating/supportive, the administration is not and that is what runs the show here. They may state positive words initially, but their action/behavior conflict with what they say. Completely agree with a previous review stating the school needs new leadership. Due to this school, my child is not who he was before attending here. Anxiety and distrust of people has gone thru the roof. Therapists, psychiatrists, psychologists, behavior analysts and others have outlined (in detail) for me the schools' actions and how it negatively impacted my child (short term and long term). Thank goodness we found another school where they actually validate and support a child for who they are and don't try to fit a square peg into a round hole.

Posted October 02, 2014
Administration that is not comfortable with parents. Teachers not up on research. School lacks technology.

Posted March 09, 2014
I am in 8th Grade at Falcon Ridge Middle School and overall my experience has been great. Some teachers can be hard on you and make things long and complicated, but they are only trying to make you better at their subject. Before I came here, I was an average student and leaving for high school I have some of the best grades in the entire school. It takes hard work and determination, but it payed off in the end and I learned so much from being here. The teachers that I had were very nice and supportive if you were willing to ask questions, and they made the transition from elementary to middle school very easy. I highly recommend this school!

Falcon Ridge Middle School 2

Posted May 28, 2013
Most importantly, our daughter seems to like Falcon Ridge, after nearing completion of her 6th grade year. She seems to have adjusted well to the middle school experience and overall is happy at Falcon Ridge. However, with that said, she still doesn't seem as interested in certain subjects, as she was in elementary school. Her level of enthusiasm has dropped considerably since coming to Falcon Ridge. We typically don't like to complain or publicly say something negative about our schools because our teachers work so hard to meet our child's needs and they deserve a huge thank you. However, we believe Falcon Ridge has a long way to go in certain departments such as the english and reading department. We have had valid concerns about some of the teaching methods, curriculum and expectations, and have brought our concerns to the principal on numerous occasions. We have been treated very disrespectfully by the principal and the assistant principal to the point of being bullied and intimidated which led us to take our concerns to higher administration. Falcon Ridge needs new leadership! That would be a great place to start.

Posted June 03, 2012
falcon ridge MS is awesome i'm a student. the band and choir programs are the best.

Posted March 01, 2012
This is an excellent school . My daughter loves it !!, as do I . Top quality educators who care.

Posted January 08, 2012
My daughter is in the 6th grade at Falcon Ridge and absolutely loves it there. How wonderful to have your child enjoy middle school. Great teachers & principal.

Posted October 04, 2009
The staff and programs are top notch! The overall drive for the success of the students is a step above!

12900 Johnny Cake Ridge Rd, Apple Valley, MN  55124
Last modified Falcon Ridge Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Falcon Ridge Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top