Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

For the most part they are good, even outstanding. The AP classes are only taught to complete the AP test, not much else.

Amount of homework: Disagree

AP Calculus gives homework over the Christmas break. The teacher gets a break, but not the students.

Develops character: Strongly agree

There is a high degree of ethics, and focus on academics. It still is a popularity contest that sometimes gets old.

This is a big school. While they have lots of activities and academic offerings, students are treated like a number, and they frequently have forgotten that I even have a daughter there. She isn't a problem, and is a great student, thus, no attention. Perhaps if she had been somewhat more attention seeking, it would have been a better experience.

There's a reason over 600 students that attend this school open-enroll. This school is awesome. Students are taught to be scholars and are proud of it. If you want to learn and be challenged and get involved, this is the place. Decisions are made based on what is good for students. It is much more diverse (less white & rich) than it was in the past. This forced staff to think broader & become more inclusive. Although no school is perfect for everyone, my children grew tremendously and thrived here. They were treated respectfully & encouraged to challenge themselves. They gained the skills and confidence that will lead to continued success.

Amount of homework: Disagree

There is definately a good amount of homework, but it depends on the kinds of courses students are taking. AP, College in the Schools and Honor courses tend to load on lot!

As a student at Eastview, I can absolutely say that I do not like this school at all. A lot of the students are stuck up, and there are TONS of cliques and bullying.

Eastview was a very bad experience for me. while there i felt to be liked at all you had to have a lot of money or play alot of sports. i felt discouraged to try ut for the plays and such. alot of students there are snobs. i also felt like the teachers were just doing just enough to get paid and really didnt care about us ( the students). i mean there were some phenomenal teachers that got me through the years there. but overall i would not go to this school again if someone paid me but im sure this could change but not for a while.

Eastview has provided me with the best high school experience possible! I am one of those involved in dance team, theatre, and choir! I do not think it is hard to get into if you really "sell and go for it!" Also, the staff is PHENOMENAL and always willing to help any student falling behind! As for the students, although diverse, everyone was very friendly! I open enrolled from ISD194, so I was the new kid. I felt nothing but a welcoming environment with many successful students. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

I attended this school for all four years of high school. I will be the first to say there are MANY 'well off' students, which creates certain barriers. However, any reviews that say not having money means not enjoying the school are using this amazing school as a scapegoat for other issues their children or themselves have. Without the support of the staff and teachers, even the principal. I've been in the military for 4 years now, and without the skills I gained for personal developement and leadership from Eastview, I would not have advanced at twice the normal rate. I would move back just so my kids could have the same experience I did.

Last modified Eastview Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.