Public charter
Apple Valley, MN
Before care: Yes

Posted September 16, 2014
Paideia Academy is a great school. In the past, it was criticized for having high turnover of directors. Now there is criticism over teacher turnover. As a veteran Paideia parent, I have seen many changes and challenges within this school, but what has remained consistent is the high quality of staff, the strong sense of community, and the commitment of the administration towards helping each student excel. I have two adult children who attended and graduated from traditional district schools. I also have two children who have graduated from Paideia Academy and are attending a district high school. Without a doubt, my current high school students were more confident and prepared for the rigor of high school than were my older sons who did not have the benefit of a Paideia education. Moreover, my younger children who are currently at Paideia are thriving, even in the midst of change, maybe even because of it! Additionally, we are thrilled with the administrative abilities of our current director, and we appreciate the rapport she has with our children. For our family, Paideia Academy has fit like a glove these past ten years, and we are excitedly looking forward to the next ten!

Posted September 15, 2014
My son started at Paideia in the 5th grade when the new Director started. Over the past 3 years, she has destroyed the school mission, values, teacher base, and parent base! You question her, you will feel her wrath!

Paideia Academy Charter School 3

Posted June 03, 2014
25% of the staff has quit over the course of the year as of today. think twice.

Posted May 17, 2014
Apparently, there had been some inconsistency with directors in the past, causing a high turnover rate with staff. With new leadership, this has changed. The teachers are passionate, caring and excited about teaching. We have a bright, creative child, who also happens to be on the autism spectrum. He feels supported, and we feel he is getting the education he deserves in a smaller, academically rigorous, nurturing environment. He feels successful and full of hope. That is high praise from a middle school student! This is our first year at Paideia, and we could not be more thrilled.

Paideia Academy Charter School 4

Posted April 17, 2014
We love this school! Helpful teachers and staff, small community feel, many opportunities for involvement, small class sizes, art, music, Spanish programs, and uniforms.

Posted April 11, 2014
As a parent, the aspect I enjoy the most about Paideia Academy Charter School is their organization. Because of their parent engagement hours, 50 per year, they attract highly motivated parents. I was especially impressed that they got out the electronic directory within weeks of school starting this year. Also- a facebook page for parents was set up for each grade to ask those last minute questions such as- is tomorrow a relaxed dress code day? Did everybody else get homework this week but my child? It is so helpful! The office staff is personable and professional. The kids are just the sweetest. One time after I was finished volunteering, seven students were in a line, one child dropped his pencil box and the whole line swooped in to help him clean it up. You can definitely see their anti-bullying plan in action. This school lives their mission.

Posted March 26, 2014
We started our daughter in kindergarten at Paideia in August. Our entire family has loved our experience! Her teacher has been with Paideia since it opened, and has been fantastic to work with. We appreciate all the staff working together to help students learn at their own level, and are very quick to answer parent questions and communications. The director greets the students almost EVERY morning! What a wonderful way to stay visible and connected to the student body! Encouraging parent involvement has been terrific for getting families more involved. Most important to our family, is that the school doesn't just focus on test scores, but on building character in our children. As a family we would much rather have our daughter grow into a well rounded person rather than just a good test taker. At Paideia, we believe she will do well in all areas. We are so happy to find a smaller school that fits our families needs and wants.

Posted March 07, 2014
Paideia Academy used to be an incredible school, but it is a shell of its former self. The wonderful teachers that were passionate about teaching are gone. They were either forced out by the Director or have quickly gone elsewhere. The teachers left in droves last year and now so are the students. It was a wonderful school but unfortunately the "vision" the current board and director have is drastically different than it used to be. I will be surprised if it is still an active Charter School in the next few years.

Posted March 02, 2014
I have to strongly disagree with the last couple of posts. My family has been at the school since 2007 and prior to the last couple of years it was a great experience. However the atmosphere has changed within the school. It has become a revolving door of teachers leaving during the school year. A 2nd grade classroom had at least 3 different teachers last year and so far this year there has been 3 different teachers for the 5th and 6th grades math classes. And that does not cover all the changes for the special education teachers. I would not expect this current state of affairs at a public school, much less a Charter School that is govern at a local level. However, the saddest situation about the school that the only group of people that can correct its current direction are unwilling to consider that there is anything wrong.

Posted February 28, 2014
Paideia Academy has set a high standard of learning for other schools. Our 8th grade student transitioned into Eastview HS honor classes without stress. We recently moved to another state. The transition again went smoothly. The other three are ahead of their fellow students; a grade ahead in some classes. The staff at Paideia are knowledgeable, professional, and kind. The atmosphere of learning created by the staff and families of the students is beyond compare. I highly recommend this school to any family who wants an exceptional learning experience for their children.

Paideia Academy Charter School
7200 West 147th St, Apple Valley, MN  55124
Last modified Paideia Academy Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Paideia Academy Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top