Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

This is our fifth year at Paideia and we couldn't be happier that we chose this fantastic school for our kids' education. My oldest daughter went to a "regular" public school for Kindergarten and first grade, but she was getting lost in the over-crowded classrooms. Teachers were so busy dealing with some kids' behavior issues, they had little time to teach. We looked at private schools, but we can't afford to spend $15K or more on annual tuition. We chose Paideia because it offers the best of both worlds: small class size, plenty of personal attention, and FREE tuition. It's a really warm and caring environment. Every family at Paideia is there because they *choose* to be, and they care about their kids' education and behavior. You just don't get the kind of bullying and negative behavior you see in most public schools, especially in grades 6-8. I only wish more local families were aware of this gem right in their own backyard!

Amount of homework: Agree

I only can speak to K and 1st grades, but there is one reasonably-sized packet due each Friday.

This is our fourth year at Paideia and have had a great experience. The things we love most are the people: wonderful teachers and staff, and the community feel with the other families. The other things we like are the uniforms, the school schedule, and the ability to really be involved in our children's education. Our students are thriving there.

This is our second year at Paideia, and our school experience so far has been great. My daughter has loved her K and 1st teachers, as well as all the teachers for the extra classes like gym and Spanish. The school is small (2 classes for each grade) and has a real community feel. We have met many wonderful families, and there are lots of school activities and fundraisers that bring people together. I love that Paideia keeps class sizes small, that the teachers are passionate about what they do (several have been there since it was started), that they are striving for quality in education, and that the school focuses on a well-rounded education including art and music. Paideia is not a perfect school (nor is any school), and there have been some struggles. But I do feel the board and the leadership are taking the failures seriously and are always trying to do better. My child enjoys school, she is learning a lot, and has grown as a person and as a learner in our short time there. It is a great option for families in the Apple Valley area.

My child has attended Paideia for 3 years, and it is a great school. The teachers have been superb and truly care about their students. I also have a high-school student who went through traditional public school. I am so impressed with the level of education standards and the accountability given to students and teachers at Paideia vs. our experiences in the public school system. I have recommended Paideia to many of our friends looking for alternatives to their traditional public school and will continue to do so.

Paideia Academy is a great school. In the past, it was criticized for having high turnover of directors. Now there is criticism over teacher turnover. As a veteran Paideia parent, I have seen many changes and challenges within this school, but what has remained consistent is the high quality of staff, the strong sense of community, and the commitment of the administration towards helping each student excel. I have two adult children who attended and graduated from traditional district schools. I also have two children who have graduated from Paideia Academy and are attending a district high school. Without a doubt, my current high school students were more confident and prepared for the rigor of high school than were my older sons who did not have the benefit of a Paideia education. Moreover, my younger children who are currently at Paideia are thriving, even in the midst of change, maybe even because of it! Additionally, we are thrilled with the administrative abilities of our current director, and we appreciate the rapport she has with our children. For our family, Paideia Academy has fit like a glove these past ten years, and we are excitedly looking forward to the next ten!

My son started at Paideia in the 5th grade when the new Director started. Over the past 3 years, she has destroyed the school mission, values, teacher base, and parent base! You question her, you will feel her wrath!

25% of the staff has quit over the course of the year as of today. think twice.

Apparently, there had been some inconsistency with directors in the past, causing a high turnover rate with staff. With new leadership, this has changed. The teachers are passionate, caring and excited about teaching. We have a bright, creative child, who also happens to be on the autism spectrum. He feels supported, and we feel he is getting the education he deserves in a smaller, academically rigorous, nurturing environment. He feels successful and full of hope. That is high praise from a middle school student! This is our first year at Paideia, and we could not be more thrilled.

As a parent, the aspect I enjoy the most about Paideia Academy Charter School is their organization. Because of their parent engagement hours, 50 per year, they attract highly motivated parents. I was especially impressed that they got out the electronic directory within weeks of school starting this year. Also- a facebook page for parents was set up for each grade to ask those last minute questions such as- is tomorrow a relaxed dress code day? Did everybody else get homework this week but my child? It is so helpful! The office staff is personable and professional. The kids are just the sweetest. One time after I was finished volunteering, seven students were in a line, one child dropped his pencil box and the whole line swooped in to help him clean it up. You can definitely see their anti-bullying plan in action. This school lives their mission.

Last modified Paideia Academy Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.