Blaine, MN

Posted October 22, 2014
Northpoint is a great neighborhood school. Children are taught at the level they are assessed at. So, if they are in 1st grade, but read at a 2nd grade level, they get 2nd grade curriculum. Or if they are in 2nd grade, but at a 1st grade Math level, they get assigned to a group that helps them catch up. I really think this approach is great. The kids get iPads to learn on and some tech time to keep them up with technology. All around great clean school too.

Northpoint Elementary School 1

Posted May 10, 2014
This school has failed my child. We have been forced to do as the staff and counselor say is in the best interest for my child. However this has led to more problems and the the inability to treat my child as a individual and expect him to be a robot. If your child has personality and is a self thinker I would advise you to look at another school. We have had many meetings and phone conversations with staff and counselor. They just talk down to you and think there must be a problem at home. If they talk down to parents...just make you wonder how they treat the non robot children. Northpoint is quick to not deal with issues between students and will send home or suspend students for what one student says not what a teacher has actually witnessed. I will be changing schools for my child at year end. This is how bad it is! Another comment I read about the principal is right on about thinking he's better than you. Also the district lines are completely messed up. More than likely your child's friends will live 5 plus miles away and makes for staying in the same school with other students nearly impossible. Be prepared to defend your child if they go to Northpoint.

Posted August 22, 2013
Northpoint is awesome. The teachers are caring and instructive. We are involved with the PTO and participate in school activities fairly regularly. We are never disappointed! My preschooler and kindergartner love it as much as we do. It's the best elementary school in the area and gives top districts like Wayzata a run for their money with a much more reasonably sized student body. I would recommend it to anyone in the twin cities area! The intermediate and high school in the SLP district are continuing to move their curriculum to be more technology and teach-to-the-student focused. Everyone can succeed here! My kids will be well educated and happy growing up in this school and district!

Posted December 18, 2012
This is an amazing school!!! I sent both of my daughters there. They have both recieved the best education, attention and support from their teachers. They have taken time out to educate them on their levels and what they are struggling with or advancing in. They are very versitile and all so genuine and devoted to the children. (side note... and the principle is easy to look at.... ahem!)

Posted October 26, 2012
We moved to the area two years ago and my daughter attended the school in our disctict and struggled through the whole year- it was painful to watch. My husband I decided to open enroll her into Northpoint and it was the best decision. Her teacher was a wonderful, caring lady who kept in touch with me on a regular basis and was great with my daughter- that year alone helped my daughters confidence in herself and in her more difficult subjects- math and spelling. I am so glad we made the switch. The parent involvement is wonderful and SUPER active too. We now have our other daughter there and she is loving it as well. Northpoint is an amazing school and we greatly appreciate all the teachers and staff did for our family.

Northpoint Elementary School 1

Posted June 28, 2011
This school was a huge disappointment. It seemed to have the potential to be a great place, but fell way short for us. Teacher was seemed rather spineless changing her direction and use of materials and influenced by whether a parent had a complaint about a particular book or if there was too much or not enough homework. There seemed to be an excess of "political correctness" to the point of trying to get parents to forego their own use of a moral compass, wanting to gain support for the idea of teaching kids "there is no right or wrong". Principal seems like a nice guy, but don't challenge him. He is a bit air-headed but won't like it if you expose what he doesn't know. The school will talk the talk -- of being all about excellence but the walk is rather dismal. Rather than empowering the student, it is a good example of some people choosing a profession to work with children because it would be too threatening to interact with those on their own level (or who exceed their small base of knowledge).

Posted May 15, 2007
We have been with Kenneth Hall for 5 years and are very sad that it will be our last as we will be going to a new school in the fall. I can't begin to say what it has done for my kids educcation. I feel very lucky that they had the opportunity to attend such a great school. They have offered so many things for my kids with Art Adventure and paid field trips from the PTA. Had a chance to make some great friends. We will miss it greatly. I hope the new school will offer as much as Kenneth has.

Northpoint Elementary School
2350 124th Court, Blaine, MN  55449
Last modified Northpoint Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northpoint Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top