Blaine Senior High School 3

Posted November 13, 2013
The arts program is wonderful, and I've heard great things about the sports programs too. As a good student, the teachers enjoyed me as a good student. However, those with lower grades and less motivation did not receive the same treatment. To these students, teachers seemed to lack compassion for them and didn't give them the time they required. There are also way to many students. You can hardly keep track of them, and you are packed into hallways, classrooms, and lockers

Posted June 14, 2013
I love Blaine High School as it offers everything a student could ever want. The academic, athletic, and arts programs are amazing. Students can excel easily in this school as great teachers and a safe school environment permits them to do so. The students are so sweet, as diversity is a part of the school. I have been to many schools before, and by fair, BHS is the best school ever!

Blaine Senior High School 4

Posted April 08, 2013
I just graduated in 2012 and overall my experience at Blaine was great. The teachers care a lot about students success however it comes down to the students choice if they want to do well or not. They have the opportunity in front of them. The principal now isn't very well liked by the student body because he is trying to make to many changes of Blaine traditions. He needs to learn some things you just don't change. Our sports teams always seem to do relatively well and everyone likes to follow the sports teams. Football and Hockey are always favorites but the boys and girls soccer teams have done great recently. The people at Blaine aren't always the greatest role models... but there are good people in that school. A lot of people say they hate it at Blaine but honestly your experience is what you make of it. It's a great place to go for 4 years if you do it correctly.

Blaine Senior High School 3

Posted June 14, 2011
I went to Blaine High School years ago, and my three younger siblings went there after me. I have come to the conclusion that if you are already a smart student, who gets good grades and cares about success, you will get along with the teachers and have a positive experience. That was my experience. But my siblings are less motivated, and therefore need a larger amount of leadership from the teachers and staff. I do not place all of the blame on these teachers. It is true that my younger siblings are irresponsible and lazy and therefore were eventually kicked out of Blaine to go to a charter school. But the fact is that the teachers did nothing to show that they cared about them, which did nothing to change their minds. I was surprised when I went back to the school and witnessed how the staff and teachers treated my brothers and sisters because it was so different from how I was treated. Bottom line: This school can do wonders for a student that would do well anywhere. It gives extra opportunities for advanced students. But they place no importance on those students that might need extra help getting there. They pass them on with no regard for how it may affect their life.

Posted March 08, 2011
Of all 3 high schools I have attended, Blaine cannot compare. It has a wide, wide range of available classes and a plethora of available activities, both educational and sports related. I am about halfway through my junior year an and I have never seen such a community of leaders. I was compelled by how well everyone worked together and how much of an effort the staff, the principle, and the teachers put into making this work. The school also has a wide array of challenging courses available, as well as a magnet program for engineering and sciences available within the school. This magnet program won an award in 2010 as a "Magnet School of Excellence," which is nicely portrayed by a giant banner on the outside of the school. I have never had one teacher I have not liked. Moreover, in all the course works I have taken, I have passed 3 Advanced Placement (AP) tests, as well as 1 College In High School (CIS) class, which will only help in my future. I am proud to be considered a member of the Blaine community.

Blaine Senior High School 2

Posted March 03, 2011
I went to Blaine High School, The hallways were packed you couldn't get to your class on time or breath you were packed in like sardines. The teacher even left us on a fieldtrip.

Blaine Senior High School 1

Posted September 01, 2010
this school is the most wonderful school my kids have ever been to NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blaine Senior High School 0

Posted April 13, 2010
I just moved to BHS this year 09-10, and I am a senior. I have visited 5 schools and had about the same fair amount of treatment, but BHS made me see a whole new view of education. The staff members there are incredibly amazing! When you ask for a teacher to teach, they really do it with from the heart. I've been to schools where you can literally see that the teachers have no interest in what they teach. If you're looking for a school with a safe environment, fun education, and a great academic performance, i highly recommend sending your child to Blaine High School. I would send out a shout out to all my favorite teachers and staff members, but i would really run out of room! They are all simply great! (:

Posted November 06, 2009
This school is great! Our sports teams are great, our teachers are amazing, and the students have the biggest hearts and spirits anywhere. :D

Posted May 16, 2009

Blaine Senior High School
12555 University Ave NE, Blaine, MN  55434
Last modified Blaine Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Blaine Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top