Blaine, MN

Posted October 22, 2014
My son started Kindergarten here and we were not impressed. While the teaching staff was nice and they had a good student/teacher ratio, my son wasn't able to get to his full potential. He has been in preschool from a very young age and already knew his letters/sight words. He couldn't start the reading program until someone else in his class was able to go along with him. I really feel he was held back and not challenged. He came home bored and not wanting to go back. We switched districts and are MUCH happier.

Posted May 16, 2014
This is a Title I school and unfortunately 35 - 40% of students must be deemed as having some type of issue i.e. poor, ADHD, autistic, or some type of learning disability so the school can receive additional funding to spend as they see fit. It is not about your child and what they need, it's about getting kids under that 'umbrella'. Very sad state of affairs here that a lot of parents don't understand. Parents of any child that does not fit the mold will be prodded into some type of learning disability or behavioral diagnosis to benefit the school and / or school district.

Jefferson Elementary School 5

Posted October 24, 2013
I love this school! Both of my boys have had great teachers for the last 3 years. Mrs. Ariola one of the first grade teachers is the best teacher either of my boys has ever had. She worked with my husband and I to get our son excited about reading and to keep him focused in class. It is great when the teachers listen to the parents concerns and we work together. I volunteer a lot and unfortunately too many parent don't do their part.

Posted April 15, 2011
Worst school ever, my son had some very bad experiences at this school, he hated going to school. too many bulies teachers don't care about their students.

Posted January 28, 2011
I encourage parents to eat lunch with their children at Jefferson and see that you do not have enough time to eat lunch in a healthy manner I sat down with my child at 11:00am and at 11:02am the lunch (sargeant) was yelling in the lunchroom" we are on a tight schedule and you have to hurry up and eat because at 11:07am you need to be quiet." Other than this problem I think Jefferson is an excellent school. P.S all six students I asked,( 2 girls and 4 boys) agreed that they would like more time and passed on the info to Principal Byers today 1-28-11

Posted May 31, 2010
This school has a lot going for it. The teachers really seem to care about their students. This has been the case for all three of mine, even when the teacher and I didn't always see eye to eye. Additionally, their extra curricular activities and events have had a very positive influence on the kids at the school. This is not a surprise when you look at studies about the effects of physical exercise, music, and art has on students. Additionally, some of these fun activities that the kids like bring in much needed funds for the school. An important component that is lagging in the schools today. Furthermore, these activities don't distract from the education of the students. This goes for the advanced student, the special ed student, and everyone in between.

Jefferson Elementary School 5

Posted May 21, 2010
i love this skool and i think the teachers are really nice here and im sad cuz its my last year and if you think the teachers are mean, their not they just want u to learn what their teaching you

Jefferson Elementary School 2

Posted March 02, 2010
The teachers are fine. However the administration is more concerned with publicity for her running club and Jefferson Jaunt. These extra curricular activities are just that. What about reading, math, writing and other subjects?

Posted March 02, 2010
Staff is unhappy with each other, kids are treated negatively,really sad

Posted January 07, 2009
This school has been successful at providing a safe and enjoyable learning environment for my children. They have flourished in developing literary and math skills and have always enjoyed their teachers. The faculty has been organized and committed to growth through out the full spectrum of abilites and learning styles (ex. guided reading groups).

Jefferson Elementary School
11331 Jefferson St NE, Blaine, MN  55434
Last modified Jefferson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jefferson Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top