Bloomington, MN

Posted February 25, 2015
Nativity is such a great school! My kids love their teachers and classmates. Having 3 kids there, I think I've gotten to know every teacher in the building, and we have yet to find a teacher we didn't love. It's such a warm and friendly environment - worth every penny!

Posted February 06, 2015
We love this school and the people in it (staff, students and families!) The teachers are very involved and invested in the kids. They even take time to let us know when they had a great day, or struggled with a particular assignment. Class sizes are small, which is super hard to find. My kids feel safe and loved. There were lots of opportunities for them get involved from day one. They have lots of service projects, a great preschool program and a super cool kindergarten camp in the summer that made the first day of K a breeze for our shy son. Definitely worth checking out.

Posted February 04, 2015
All of my children are currently attending Nativity and we LOVE the school! They come home every day talking about how great the day was. I love that the priest and the principal greet everyone by name every day. I love that my kids' teachers are all compassionate and skilled teachers that go to great lengths to give each child individual help and attention. I love the small class sizes, the technology, the music, art, religion, and service opportunities. I love that my children are growing up surrounded by such nurturing people. The school has a strong focus on loving, caring for, helping, and respecting others. That focus is not only seen in all of the service projects that we participate in, but also in how the families support each other in times of need.

Nativity Of Mary School 1

Posted January 29, 2015
My children currently attend this school. If you are looking at a school there are some important things to know. The principal quality is poor. I've been treated in a dismissive, unfriendly and rude manner by the principal at this site many times. There is little consistency with teacher quality. While some teachers are very hands-on and engaging, others are not. My children have had some teachers who are very caring and others who are difficult and communicate poorly with parents. There is a lot of focus on recruiting and yes, they campaign parents heavily to vote for them for the local papers "best of" issue because they want to point to that. If I were making this decision knowing what I know now I would have spent my money and energy elsewhere.

Posted January 29, 2015
I can not say enough wonderful things about this school!!! We toured and researched many good schools, but knew after just one visit that Nativity was the right one for our children. We have never once regreted that decision. In fact, we, along with many other families, drive from outside the city to attend every day. The academics are top notch, routinely testing higher than the national average. The small class sizes and individual attention are hard to beat. Every teacher and administrator in the school knows my children well. The prinicipal, teachers and staff take a vested interest in helping each child succeed, while embracing their differences. One of our children has ADD and dyslexia. The teachers identified it early and were able to give them the extra help and confidence they needed to succeed, never once "labeling" them, as I feel often happens.The school has an amazing reading program tailored to kids of all-learning styles. It is very family-centered. Parents are always welcome and encouraged to volunteer. The students routinely participate in community services, learning to think of others. And I love having all my kids togehter in one school preschool-8th grade!!

Nativity Of Mary School 1

Posted January 26, 2015
The school is trying to bury the real reviews from real parents from Sept. to Dec. 2014 about the principal and some teachers in grade 3 & 4. I guess it is easier to close eyes on the real issues and try to ignore them by asking others to post these positive reviews about the school to push the negative ones far down but read them, you may hear these positive reviews are for real but beware. I guess it really shows the mentality of the school, unfortunately, because many of us have experienced retaliation either through our families or child(ren), we feel this is the only way to act that will help us see change...

Posted January 24, 2015
Son is in 3rd grade, amazing teaching staff. Love the school. I would recommend toeveryone!

Posted January 15, 2015
My child was part of the preschool program the past two years and now is in kindergarten. The preschool program was fabulous! The teachers were enthusiastic and took the time to get to know my child. They prepared my child and classmates well for kindergarten doing it in fun and meaningful ways. This year my child is doing wonderfully, and I know this is in great part because of the small class size. My child is not just a number in the room. The test scores for the school are high which is one of the reasons I chose this school. I have also been impressed with all that Nativity offers before and after school for students of all ages... many sports, karate, piano, choirs, a musical, childcare, etc. In addition, there are many opportunities for parents and families to stay involved. If you are interested in a new school, I would strongly recommend at least taking a tour!

Posted August 27, 2014
I am a grandmother who has been very active and interacting with the teachers and staff at Nativity of Mary. Our daughter attended Nativity, married a Nativity Student, and now our grandson is loving the same school. The teachers really give individual time and care to each student, and keep the parent up to date on what they are learning. I attend School Mass every week that I can, and the students amaze me with the respect they show to their teachers and to their peers. When my grandson came home and told me that his whole class had prayed for his deceased mother on the anniversary of her death, I knew he was in the right school!

Posted August 14, 2014
Great school, small class sizes, caring teachers, good parental involvement. really feel like your kid is noticed, supported. couldnt be happier.

Nativity Of Mary School
9901 East Bloomington Freeway, Bloomington, MN  55420
Last modified Nativity Of Mary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Nativity Of Mary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top