Public charter
Bloomington, MN
After care: No

Posted April 18, 2014
SHCA is a classical academy that focuses on core knowledge concepts. Both of our daughters have gone there since the oldest was in Kindergarten and I can't imagine them going anywhere else! The education is fantastic, and the teachers and staff are wonderful. It is very well run by a competent, approachable director (principal) and well managed by a responsive, diverse board of directors. There is a high level of parent involvement. The children are respectful and enthusiastic. A bonus is that the kids wear uniforms, which we LOVE. Our girls are learning Latin and throw out Latin phrases all the time! We are so fortunate to have such an amazing school so close to home...we really lucked out.

Posted April 12, 2014
Seven Hills is an awesome school! Great location. Safe secure building and environment. High quality teachers. Wonderful communication between parent and teacher/school. Curriculum challenges students at the same time keeping them interested. Provides a nice variety of extra curricular activities such as Science Fair, Chess Club etc. High parent involvement. Wonderful guidelines and rules. Parents feel part of what's going on and can feel safe providing input. Love this school.

Posted April 09, 2014
My school is very good,the teachers are very nice.My childens are happy to be there

Posted April 09, 2014
Seven Hills is Top Notch. We have lived overseas and always wondered about good public chartered schools if we lived in the US. We were excited to have our kids at SHCA. Our kids love it and can't wait to go to bed to get up and head to school the next morning. Love that parents can volunteer and help out.

Seven Hills Classical Academy 3

Posted April 08, 2014
Seven Hills is an excellent school if your child is an above average student. They have the capacity to provide a focused education for those student that struggle in math and reading, but have limited resources beyond that. As a parent of a student that needs this additional help I have found that the communication is too little too late and that the specialists are reluctant to provide the services that these children need. Prior to my child needing this additional assistance, Seven Hills exceeded my expectations. Historically their class sizes were smaller than the public schools in the district. The education is truly rigorous and you should expect your child to have a significant amount of homework. As in all schools, some teachers are better than others; they have also experienced a high teacher turnover, specifically with very young teachers.(likely a leadership problem) While the teachers have their own webpages, our experience is that few of the teachers use them as effectively as possible. Unless you have a very organized student expect to exert your own time and energy in trying to determine what the students are working on and where your child is performing.

Posted April 07, 2014
Excellent teachers, a calm environment, and a rigorous curriculum make the a five star school.

Posted April 07, 2014
Seven Hills is an excellent school, I am so proud to have my two sons going there and recommend it to everyone I know. The education is great, the teachers and staff are even better. We drive 21 miles each way to attend! It's not easy to find a core knowledge school that also incorporates excellent music, art, PE and technology programs. Also, we found the school on this site three years ago and couldn't be happier we did!

Posted April 07, 2014
Great people, Great teachers, all around best school. My daughter has been to 2 other schools and this one by far surpasses the others. Her education has dramatically increased.

Seven Hills Classical Academy 4

Posted April 07, 2014
Seven Hills is very accommodating as far as what my child's needs are. The curriculum is age appropriate yet challenging. I feel like my child will have an edge in life because of the teachers at this school. Only reason I did not give five starts is because the school is new thus they were not really prepared for the behavior issues my child had the first year. And some of the staff can seem snotty.

Seven Hills Classical Academy 3

Posted April 07, 2014
The teachers are on average are very young and just right out of school. The teachers often due to life circumstances, build a family and take time out of their career to start a family. Therefore, turn-over is high for the younger grades. Not the best school for non-English learners. The English learner teacher left as well. I have two students that started in K and gone to 2nd grade. I have had three teachers left in three years that I have been part of SHCA and did not come back. If you want to build a long lasting relationship with your children educators, this is not the place to do it. The good things are: they values of CARE, small class size, and teacher communication to parents is excellent. The principle is not very collaborative. Politics is at work, this can be interpreted by the high turn over rate. Better to investigate and due diligence to get to the root of the issue. Fundraising is a constant occurrence; like all public institutions resources are limited, but often time it's the children who are different that get left behind. Support for teachers is lacking. The school can be improve by leverage current technology to educate.

Seven Hills Classical Academy
8600 Bloomington Ave South, Bloomington, MN  55425
Last modified Seven Hills Classical Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Seven Hills Classical Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top