Bad
Good

We love this school. They treat ALL children equally well no matter their race or ability. We are minorities and have always been treated with the utmost respect and equally to the white or other children. All of our 3 children go here and it's excellent! My guess is the person who said otherwise has a bad attitude of their own and expects special treatment just because they are a minority! This is not right!

As a community member, I am disappointed by the lack of leadership at Ridgeview. The principal kowtows to the gifted parents, but doesn't support any of the other students. He treats minority students with disrespect. The secretary also screams at students of color and their parents. No way would I send my children to this school nor would I recommend this school due to lack of leadership.

We have had a wonderful experience at this school. The teachers are very approachable and take the time to address every student's needs, as does the principal, who is a rock star. We are looking forward to many more years of schooling at Ridgeview. Even the staff members of the Kids Safari program are wonderful and ensure that the kids are making good use of their time and are getting quality supervision and activities outside of regular school hours. My daughter is usually disappointed when I show up to pick her up not because she doesn't want to go home but because she wants to stay at school. That is saying something!

I'm the aunt of a two boys who attend Ridgeview Elementary School and fully agree with the other comments. By first grade, the principle knew my eldest nephew well enough to discern that he might have learning issues. First grade and second grade teachers immediately stepped up analysis, and second grade teacher Ann Evans went out of her way to provide extra learning opportunities. When testing was completed by second grade- test results that could have legally mandated this school district spend 1,000's of dollars on my nephew for the next 10 years- he was recommended to a different specialized public school, one he is completely looking forward to. At the same time, my second nephew is doing academically very well at this school. My experience has been that this school cares enough to make sure that every child who attends it, whether the child stays there or not, get the education that that child needs.

Hands-down, a top notch elementary school led by a top-notch administrator who really cares for the kids. I have experience with two elementary schools in Bloomington, and Ridgeview is the best. The administrator greets kids every morning outside at the drop off area as do other staff. It's mission statement is superior. Concerns are addressed in a professional manner. Both of my kids have had great experiences here (grades 3-5 and grade K). Highly recommend.

Ridgeview Elementary is top notch. I feel like my daughter is getting a private school quality education at a public school. The school is small. The principal is very caring and knows every students and most parents by name. He always has time to talk at length about any concern. Very approachable and available. Every staff member is committed to the students and the students are good kids. I could not be happier with this school. I'd give it 10 starts if I could.

Ridgeview Elementary pays attention to every student and works to keep all students on track, reaching goals and exceeding expectations.

its perfect my child gose there and she loves it

Last modified Ridgeview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.