Bloomington, MN

Posted July 16, 2014
The teachers are nice, but in all the school is very sexest, and just plain bad. There a class I had in seventh grade the guys in it would yell provocative jokes across the class and the teacher did nothing, but when a female student would whisper asking what the homework was she would get in trouble. Then there was a incident when a male student brought peper spray to school, and was threatening another student with it. All the schoop did was give him I.S.S for a day. They gave it back to him at the end of the day too! Another thing is when we were talking about the Holocaust we watched a video about it. During the video a female student was mocking the people shown in the video. I've personally had multiple bad experience at this school.

Posted February 07, 2014
I think this school is THE BEST! I am in NOBEL! Valley View Middle is the only school where you can be in NOBEL. I was even on the news for it. Can ANY other school say that? No. We also had the twins here. Did ANY other school have the TWINS at there school? No. This is why I think it is great. And I'm doing 8th grade math in the 6th grade. Do I sound like they didn't teach me well? I don't think so.

Posted January 29, 2014
I am a student at Valley View and it is my first year here, and this is one of the best schools i have ever been to. This school really is a creativity-sprouting place where you can feel safe and secure and just be yourself! The teachers are very nice, funny people and the students are all kind, loving people with good hearts and smart brains. Even though we might have had a rough past, we have really changed and grown into a fun, learning environment. I always leave with a big smile on my face. I highly recommend this school to parents who want to see their child learn and laugh. :)

Posted January 29, 2014
I am a student at valley view middle school and I have some things to say about all these low ratings and distasteful comments. I am fed up with these stereotypes about this middle school such as drugs bullying and fights, for one they have amazing creative outlets. This school has really changed and the parents are leaving the decision to the students so please...... talk to the principal look at the school for what it is, not a typical middle school but a new learning experience altogether. Teachers, AMAZING. Programs, EVEN BETTER. So please give this school a second chance and a good rating

Posted September 10, 2013
this school is terrible, I sent my kids here for 1 trimester in 6th grade and every single day he complained how bad it was and how there were only minorities in this school, I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND SENDING YOUR CHILD HERE

Posted August 13, 2013
I just finished all three years at vvms and it was the worst expierence ever. Bullying while I was there wasnt an issue, but there was so many drugs, fights, and racial "jokes" every single day. That school has a lot of tollerance because most of the kids come from getting kicked out of Minneapolis schools. Bloomington has a lot of poverty and diversity as well which causes a lot of the problems at the school. Teachers aren't bad. The 7th grade odyssey teacher are amazing but the rest were all pretty careless about the students. I wouldnt send your child here if you want them to have a lot of potential for the future.

Posted June 26, 2012
I went to this school, and I have to say, it wasn't a good experience. I got bullied frequently, and no teacher I told cared. The teachers weren't very nice, and I wasn't a terrible child. Granted, I had a habit of drawing constantly, and I still do, but it was nothing to get too upset over. Over all, not horrible, but still, not good.

Posted April 11, 2011
When i attended this school there were many problems. I was in the 8th grade at the time of 9/11. just before the school let everyone know of 9/11. i had left the room. teacher had not cared. no one looked for me or found me tell well after lunch. no one knew i was gone. many times things like this happened with students well i was in the school. to this day they have not set up a secured system. many problems in the school. Few good teachers.

Posted March 31, 2011
Like the previous review, people assume that VVMS is the dangerous school, and it's a good thing that they do! They claim to be a safe learning environment but I went there in grades 6 and 7 and the bullies would not go away. I tried telling numerous teachers and even the Dean, but nobody did much to stop it. You should not send your kids to this school, it is horrible.

Posted May 01, 2009
People have always said we were the dangerous school, but that is because they judge us by our looks. If you ever walk into those doors you will know that we are better than all of the other middle schools in Bloomington. It is a safe, learning environment and I am very sad to be leaving this school and going onto Highschool.

Valley View Middle School
8900 Portland Ave, Bloomington, MN  55420
Last modified Valley View Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Valley View Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top