Posted October 25, 2013
Washburn Elementary is not the newest school in town but they're very up to date in all things academic. My grandson has been here since first grade and absolutely loves it. Every day is a great day, he says, and he wakes up eager to go again. That really speaks well for the teachers and the way the school is run. The kids, for the most part, seem to get along well and enjoy each other. I haven't seen or heard of any rough stuff going on among the kids and any bullying is soon stopped so it's very safe an nurturing to be there. My grandson comments that teachers he's never had say hi to him in the halls and he likes that. I hope that Washburn can win the $5000 prize because they'll put it to good use for everyone. Even the best of schools can use some upgrades, and I'll bet they have a wish list. Thank you for considering Washburn in your contest. They surely deserve it.

Posted August 12, 2013
This was one of the best elementary school I have ever been to. There is a lot of really great kids there, and it was super fun. My sister cant wait to go back! It is a lot better than Oak Grove Elementary because at OGE there was a lot of bad stuff there.

Posted August 12, 2013
This School is THE BEST my sister said. He said there is a lot of Good people and teachers. Thank to them he has made some good friends!

Washburn Elementary School 0

Posted October 09, 2009
We do such creative things to meet the needs of our students and their families!

Posted June 22, 2009
My daughter just finished first grade at Washburn, and she had a wonderful time there. We are very pleased with her progress and with the school. It has small class sizes, lots of parent involvements, great diversity, and wonderful communications between parents, teachers, and students. Overall, a great school, and we are happy with it.

Washburn Elementary School 0

Posted September 23, 2008
My family lives in Lakeville and commutes to Washburn elementary because it is close to my work I love the school and its teachers. My duaghter gets such great one on one time and encouragement from the teachers and staff at Wasburn from the time you drop her offin the morning there are a staff of people waiting outside in all kinds of weather opening your door and greeting your child at the curbside to make sure they get in safely they call them by name and always make you feel conforted to drop them off the same thing at pick up time They also have a open door policy when it comes to being able to come in and talk to the teachers , you just check in and go on down if you need to chat with any of the washburn staff or teachers . overall great!

Washburn Elementary School 1

Posted April 14, 2008

Posted January 10, 2006
Both of my daughters go to Washburn Elementary an they both really enjoy going everyday. The Teachers are very committed to communication with parents. Parents are able to either call or stop in and speak with the teachers. Both my children have recieved high praise from all their teachers and they have always worked with me one on one and the students, whether it's keeping them challenged or on areas of concern. Every year I have been very impressed with the teachers. The ciriclum is nice because at the begining of the year they spend time on going over what they learned at the end of the previous year and then build up from there. Sincerely, A Greatful Mother

Washburn Elementary School
8401 Xerxes Ave South, Bloomington, MN  55431
Last modified Washburn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Washburn Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top