Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

They find fault in the person who is being bullied, as if they were provoking bully. Their solution for the one being bullied is telling an adult and avoiding the bully at all cost. Sending a behavioral slip home is not the solution.

I feel this school represents and supports mediocrity along with reverse discrimation. There is no support for the children who excell beyond their grade level but do not excell enough to qualify as Gifted and Talented. There is no before and or after achool program at this school, however other schools in the same district have this service available.

This is an awesome school because all the staff knows and cares about each child! Including the kitchen and custodial staff! The other thing that is exceptional about Garden City it that it is very multicultural. I love that my kids are growing up in a little United Nations atmosphere. There are many ethnic groups represented in the school and they are all respected.

I would have to agree with the comment that was made about this school. I have found that I have had to teach my kids at home because they are either bored at school or that they will not teach them certain things because it is not for their particular grade level. A lot more times is spent on concentrating on the students who are non-english speaking and the other students get left out. I would have to say that the new principal is more active with the school and the students. A very big improvement over last year.

My daughter attended kindergarten at this school, and know for first grade we moved to the Bloomington school district, since this was my first child I did not know exactly what to except but know I see the huge difference I would never move back to this area ever again I really learned how much your child is not being taught at this school the principal was never at any of the meetings like she was suppose to be and my daughters teacher was the worst I have ever seen, I visited the school for a day and the children were constantly interrupted during lunch with having to put there hands in the air and given check marks if they didn t do this while they were suppose to be eating. overall my child did not learn much and the curriculum is way behind.

Last modified Garden City Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.