Bad
Good

Last year we moved to MN in time for my son to start Kindergarten. The first day of school he got hit in the face, punched in the belly, had his ears plucked & punched in between the eyes. I called the teacher, principal & even talked to the bus driver. 2weeks later he still had physical signs were he was hit & since nothing had been done I went to the school to talk to the principal, she wouldn't even see me!She pushed me off on a substitute principle who was filling in for the AP. The bullying never stopped, they never did anything about it until my son hit back & then I got a phone call that my son had been in a fight. Children would steal his lunch, his gloves, his hats, and anything they could get their hands on. He would come home on the days they didn't take his hat and he would have it pulled down so far he could barely see to walk because they had pulled his ears till they were red. He would tell me about things that happened on the playground & how he cried, etc. I even had a staff member tell me they had to bring in an extra kindergarten teacher bc they had so many bad kids&that's why my son was moved classes four times! Not to mention they lost him at least4 times.

My children have been in Northport for 4 years.My son had a kindergarten teacher that bullied him so bad he hated school & the only option I had to help him was to have him evaluated by the school to label him "special needs/ADD" for the school to offer him help from the teacher and his unsafe/billing bussing situation.My daughter has has been bullied so bad that she has developed sever emotional issues that has affected her grades & outlook on school.At first I felt like it was me as a parent but I have over the years realized that its the school & the only thing I have done wrong is keep them their.They tried a "sit down" with the students to make the bulling better & then these girls formed a gang against my daughter & on video she was attacked 5 or more times by different girls who also worked together as witnesses saying she did things to get her in trouble & when she needed the staff the most they didn't listen to her, instead they wrote her up.I have talked to parents in my neighborhood who pulled their kids out of this school for this same reason & now drive their kids to school for them to get the safe education they deserve & I recommend you to do the same!

So far the bus driver is only the one I find genuine. The teacher calls and complains to me most of the time than trying to work things out for my girl on the first week of her day there. We moved from a good school with great teachers to this one. A teacher here made my child feel like she is miserable and supposedly blame it on me. Since my child got here she hated this school and tells me that people there call her names. A friend of hers got bully to the extreme. I don't even know if she did something educational everyday cause her works only pile up at the end of the week and it matches up to what she would do in two days compare to her old school. I am not a happy camper here. I use to know the princepal and she is one kind lady. Besides that I don't know.

I have had my own issues trying to get my child the curriculum she needs and they can't keep her busy. My friend just moved here from a smaller population and her 4th grader has been bullied to the most extreme level, all they do is have the kids have "a sitdown" like that really works they have a real kids will be kids attitude and it is causing severe emotional harm. These bullies have gone so far as to push her down in a creek in 35 degree weather.

I love this school, very great staff and family orianted. I love the programs the school offers and my kids love it as well

Last modified Northport Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.