Public charter
Brooklyn Center, MN

Odyssey Academy 4

Posted April 03, 2013
This is our 4th year at Odyssey and we are very happy with it. Kids of all ages know each other, teachers communicate well with me. We had some problems with my son in Kindergarten - Second grade (maturity level) and the teachers worked with me to optimize his learning.

Posted March 26, 2011
I love this school! There is a lot of diversity and the teachers and staff really care about the students. It is small, so my child gets a lot of individual attention. They try really hard to help all students learn and often stay after school to provide tutoring when necessary. I love the Healthy Mind Healthy Body approach - it may not be perfect but their approach is a lot better than others schools we have attended. If you are looking for a small school where the staff cares about your child, and where you are welcome in the building an time you should check out this school.

Odyssey Academy 0

Posted February 19, 2010
I have fond that this school did not deliver on its promises last year. The Healthy Mind Healthy Body program was not followed by all staff. After school programs and the instruments were also cut. I cannot say for this year but I hope it works out so we can come back. As a parent it was awesome being able to enter the school and feel welcomed. Small class sizes were a huge plus.

Posted June 10, 2009

Posted May 27, 2009
This is our first year with Odyssey and we will return next year. I agree with what the other parent noted in January. I would like to also add that I have 3 children attending with needs from gifted, Title One, and right on track. The school has adapted to each of them and kept them challenged through the year. I have seen them grow both academically & emotionally. I am impressed with the 'green' education they are also receiving. One thing that I really love about Odyssey is their adventure trip they may take at the end of the year. 1st though 5th Graders may attend the Audobon Center in northern MN, middle schoolers Wolf Ridge. While there is a cost (approx $150 on the high side), students have options for fundraisers. I attended this May with the students. The growth these kids achieved in three days was amazing.

Posted March 23, 2009

Odyssey Academy 4

Posted January 24, 2009
Overall I'm happy with the school. They have zero tolerance for bullying. They have taken care of any problems I've seen quickly and effectively. If a child needs to make friends, they will set up a 'friendship group' to help the child make friends. Also they have 'family groups' in which they bring together a few kids from different grade levels to just hang out and get to know each other. All this is done during school hours, and the kids seem to really enjoy it. Odyssey does a great job of making sure the school lunches are as natural and healthy as possible. This year the school population doubled in size, and the year got off to a rough start, but the staff has done an excellent job, and the kids are more settled in and comfortable. Good school.

Posted November 05, 2008

Posted October 10, 2008

Odyssey Academy 1

Posted October 09, 2008

Odyssey Academy
6201 Noble Ave North, Brooklyn Center, MN  55429
Last modified Odyssey Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Odyssey Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top