Brooklyn Center, MN
Before care: Yes

Posted July 06, 2010
This school has an amazing teaching staff, fantastic curriculum and course offerings for my kids (IB and arts), and is really helping prepare my kids well for graduation and college (AVID program and the entire staff will go out of its way to help whenever you have any concerns. The building feels respectful, safe, and like a fun place to learn. Also, the access to computers and other technology is excellent, and really makes a difference for my kids.

Brooklyn Center Secondary 1

Posted October 06, 2009

Posted October 27, 2008
This is a great school. Enthusiastic staff, terrific principal and superintendent. We moved to the neighborhood so that our son could attend BC schools and we continue to be pleased with our decision. BCHS has a variety of programs to meet the needs of a diverse student population.

Posted December 13, 2007

Brooklyn Center Secondary 0

Posted October 15, 2007
I just wanted to said my daughter came from the Osseo district school , which she was another number there. In BC she is been great her grades are better. [It has] been awasome.

Brooklyn Center Secondary 4

Posted August 29, 2007
There have been a lot of changes in this small school district! The high school got a new principal who is actually respected by the students and parents alike; the 7th-9th grade staff is undergoing training to become an IB Middle School; the behavior specialists actually do their job and take care of problems that come up among students; and I feel I can talk to the teachers and work with them to help my child make goals and learn how to achieve them. The motto here is: 'Expect the Best'. As long as parents, students, and educators are willing to work together as a team, the 'best' results will be achieved. The key is to work together, and keep the lines of communication open. Don't be afraid to speak up! Get involved!

Brooklyn Center Secondary 3

Posted July 24, 2006
- a former student
Well, if there's one thing I know, that would be that i would not have like any other school better! The diversity is great! If i would have went anywhere else, it would have been so much harder to be myself. Even though this year( 2006) there was a bit of and issue with the principal,it's not because of him. The students were only thinking like kids in a box. Though there are problems with the kids, most of them are just misunderstood. Give them a chance! Go Centaurs!

Brooklyn Center Secondary 4

Posted March 08, 2006
Brooklyn Center schools are a great place for kids to attend. I am a parent of 4, 3 of which have graduated there. I am also a former student from the 70's. This district has a small town feel with teachers and faculty that really care and give their personal best. The classes are small enough (just over 100) that you know everyone. The schools celebrate diversity and have strong student leadership. The new Superintendant 2006-07 is a wonderful new addition. The music programs are strong and well attended. Athletics are open to all with good coaches that are supportive and committed. We believe the current faculty are positive good role models that are always there to listen and challenge the kids. We appreciate all they do. Give the school a look. You'll be glad you did. Negative comments: More parents need to be involved.

Brooklyn Center Secondary 3

Posted September 28, 2005
- a former student

Posted September 14, 2005

Brooklyn Center Secondary
6500 Humboldt Ave North, Brooklyn Center, MN  55430
Last modified Brooklyn Center Secondary is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brooklyn Center Secondary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top