Bad
Good

My son was a very shy kept to himself type of child and in the past 2 years he has become so confident in himself. I attribute a lot of this to the "arts" which has given him support and encouragement to step outside the box. My only complaint is that it is up to each individual teacher on how they communicate with parents. In kindergarten we had a very proactive teacher and even the specialist who would provide daily updates. This year our teacher chooses not to provide that level of communication which I feel makes for a disconnect between all parties supporting each child.

Love Birch Grove! Diverse student body, diverse teaching staff, and both my children (5th and 2nd) have had wonderful teachers all years. I so appreciate their commitment to the arts and how much confidence in themselves it has given my kids! The school musical is always amazing, the art projects are spectacular, the library has a great selection, and my son especially loves being in orchestra. Great school!

We have been at Birch Grove for three years and both of my children enjoy going to school there. The teachers and staff have been great and are very proactive. The communication with me has been great as well, and I love the opportunities that my children get there in the arts that they wouldn't get other places.

We moved here and found the neighborhood school to be less than great--so we put our kids at Birch Grove. Class sizes are a bit big--but they have a great program, wonderful staff and it's so clean and friendly. Every time I go I think bluebirds are about to land on my shoulder. While we've hit a glich here and there..overall everyone has been responsive and I am glad my kids are going to school there.

Great neighborhood school. Good teachers.

Birch Grove has many fantastic enrichment opportunities for students to learn and grow. There are many outstanding staff that care a lot about the children. It is unbelievable how brave these young students are when asked to get up and perform a song, play an instrument, dance, or act in a play. What confidence is developed in these young people that they will carry forward into their adult lives. I am also optimistic that the new initiative for differentiating in the classroom will lead to better academic challenges for students of all abilities.

Birch Grove's staff is dynamic, offering programs to stretch kids' minds though an incredible scope of arts and music activities in addition to solid academics.

BG has a top notch staff who work together as a team!

Both of my children have attended this school since Kindergarten. My daughter is now 11 and my son is 7. We have had an excellent experience with everything this school has had to offer. The teachers are phenomenal and work very hard to help the children reach and exceed their potential!! :) The only area in which I think they could improve is, discipline. It seems when behaviors of certain children get to be too much, the specialists are at a loss. :(

My son was accepted coming from a different state. The teachers helped him excel above the expectations i had for him and he enjoys school very much now

Last modified Birch Grove School For The Arts is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.