Bad
Good

I'm fairly disappointed about some of the comments below, suggesting how awful it would be for their white children to attend a majority black school. (BMS is 33% African American, 29% White) Further proof we are not a "post-racial" society I guess. And for the record, black kids for decades have often been in situations where they are one of only a handful of kids of color in a predominantly white school. That was ok for kids of color, but not your white kid? Your child will not suffer by experiencing people different than him or her. It can only make your kids better people. So perhaps you should check your privilege and open up your mind a bit. My (white) son has been at Brooklyn Middle School for two years. He has had an EXCELLENT academic and life experience there. The teachers are always accessible and at the beginning of the year they provide their email addresses and encourage contact from parents. When I meet them for conferences, they are helpful and have great feedback about my child--strenghts and weaknesses. The teachers are engaged and enthusiastic about their job teaching you kid. The STEAM focus is fantastic and challenging and engaging. And it is giving every one of the students preparation for further pursuit of education and vocation in a STEM focused career. If any of you are rating this school without even visiting it or informing yourself about it simply on the basis of the diversity of the school body, you do the school, its teachers and its students a great disservice.

I feel disappointed how Osseo School District Enrollment placed students into the school. I am a parent who resided in Brooklyn Center with five children that attend Osseo school district. This year my older daughter was assigned to Brooklyn Center Junior, which I noticed majority students are black, Asian and Hispanic. In fact, today my daughter attend the GPS orientation and I was told she only have three white students and the rest are Africa American and Asian students. Just wonder majority houses in near the school area are owned by white residents than black or Asian, but where is all the white kids go school in the area. The way the enrollment center assign the students to school make me feel like I want to take my kids out of the Osseo school district.

This school has great teaching and administrative staff who genuinely care and are interested in seeing kids succeed.

I like this school, and the new STEAM program. I think it's cool that we get to do all these things that are unique to the program.

I am a Brooklyn Junior alumni. I currently play proffesional hockey and I can say without hesitation that if it weren't for the admins at BJ i would never have gainer the knowledge and respect as well as maturity to make it to this level of hockey. The teaching staff is great as well.

Brooklyn Junior High School is the worst possible school to send your child. The teachers don't care about the child at all. You can't even contact any one over there. No one wants to help you when you have questions about the school or clubs that your child will be attending. When you attend the parent conference, the teachers don't even have anything to say about your child. Their Special Education is even worst. That teacher don't want to teach at all. All they do through out the school year is go on field trips. I'm switching my child out of that school. I wish I had listen to all the negative review about this school!

The school has many cultural backgrounds, administration is great. Honestly they care for their students.

this schoool is so disgusting the teacher are rude and very mean. Mr.Scott and Mr.Fraizer are mean and yell at you me all the time! very very mean & they student there are mean and rude to you always want to fight you for the little stuff EVERY! fight are everyday and the school is lame no passes i.s.s everyday for tasks take my advice and don't go there .

I am a student at BJH and nothing could be better than this school. Don't hate

Horrible school. No one ever wants to pick up the phone at the office. I had to call 5 times before anyone picked up and the person didn't even know anything so I had to drive there to get some answers. My daughter is always going on field trips to places like Target?! I guess it saves the teacher the trouble of having to teach. No wonder teachers don't want performance based pay.

Last modified Brooklyn Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.