Brooklyn Park, MN

Posted March 07, 2014
I like this school, and the new STEAM program. I think it's cool that we get to do all these things that are unique to the program.

Posted December 24, 2013
I am a Brooklyn Junior alumni. I currently play proffesional hockey and I can say without hesitation that if it weren't for the admins at BJ i would never have gainer the knowledge and respect as well as maturity to make it to this level of hockey. The teaching staff is great as well.

Posted November 12, 2013
Brooklyn Junior High School is the worst possible school to send your child. The teachers don't care about the child at all. You can't even contact any one over there. No one wants to help you when you have questions about the school or clubs that your child will be attending. When you attend the parent conference, the teachers don't even have anything to say about your child. Their Special Education is even worst. That teacher don't want to teach at all. All they do through out the school year is go on field trips. I'm switching my child out of that school. I wish I had listen to all the negative review about this school!

Posted August 13, 2013
The school has many cultural backgrounds, administration is great. Honestly they care for their students.

Posted June 07, 2013
I am a student at BJH and nothing could be better than this school. Don't hate

Posted June 06, 2013
Horrible school. No one ever wants to pick up the phone at the office. I had to call 5 times before anyone picked up and the person didn't even know anything so I had to drive there to get some answers. My daughter is always going on field trips to places like Target?! I guess it saves the teacher the trouble of having to teach. No wonder teachers don't want performance based pay.

Posted September 20, 2012
I have lived in Brooklyn Park for over 11 years. This is my third year teaching at Brooklyn Junior. The bad reviews from 2005 almost kept me from teaching in one of the best educational environments I have ever seen. When I first started working with some of the seasoned professionals in the building I could not believe the passion and dedication they had for their students. All staff including administration welcome students in the morning and monitor behavior in the halls every hour. Students have a wide variety of choices in classes including Standards plus, regular, and the newer STEM program. Staff work with students with a wide variety of academic ability. With programs like read 180 and fast forward students are identified and placed in appropriate remedial programs to help them catch up with peers. Staff collaborates in their departments and across the school with other colleagues to create Professional learning communities (PLC's)that identify needs in the building and content areas. These PLC's then develop action plans to help all students achieve more. The Administration staff maintains a safe and healthy environment for all learners.

Posted July 28, 2011
Brooklyn Junior High School is a great school. One of my boys attended as a freshman and another as a seventh grader. Both boys had great experiences. The principal works hard to create a safe environment for students to learn in. He also does a great job working with his teachers. Most of the staff my children had for teachers had been teaching at the school for more the five years with the majority of them being there for more than ten. The office staff is very helpful and the administration/guidance counselors are very willing to work with parents to ensure that the student is able to has the best possible junior high school experience. My boys took high performance classes and also participated in athletics and had great experiences. I very much reccomend this school.

Posted July 25, 2008

Posted February 15, 2008

Brooklyn Junior High School
7377 Noble Ave North, Brooklyn Park, MN  55443
Last modified Brooklyn Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brooklyn Junior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top