Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

North View Ib World School 2

Posted January 29, 2016
In need of new Administration, lot of retaliation amongst staff and support staff are not cared for.

Grateful to: Student

Posted September 24, 2015
A shout-out to my web leaders and other 8th graders for helping me get around and learn new things

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted September 24, 2015
Beginning of school, so there's just a bit of homework, but I've heard you get a lot more as the year goes on.

North View Ib World School 5

Posted September 24, 2015
Awesome school and educational, but a lot of swearing at times. Every once in a while there is some violence, but ussually it's fine.

North View Ib World School 2

Posted April 15, 2015
Northview Junior High teachers are great it's the administrators in this new principal I have a problem with,three of the administrators act's as if they are prison guards instead of treating the students as if they're in school they treat them like their in prison, they manhandle the students there and inconsiderate of the students feelings and needs, the new principal doesn't return parents phone call in a timely manner and when she does call a parent back the issue still doesn't get resolved,I'm still waiting on a phone call from her in its been 3 weeks ,wherever they have found her district 279 should have left her,you have to do better district 279 when picking your staff.

North View Ib World School 4

Posted June 23, 2014
I remember being scared to death because of all the bad things I've heard about NV,but the school is pretty great, if i do say so myself.It's pretty diverse, there are Caucasian,African-american,Asian,Latino,mixed races etc. you get a chance to really get to know other cultures. I like how students get a choice between learning french and Spanish i like how there are 8 classes to expand your learning. the teachers and staff there this year were really involved in all the students. The extra curricular activities are very fun and educational and the school makes you feel like your in a safe and open environment. It is not a ghetto school really and it has improved TREMENDOUSLY from earlier years

North View Ib World School 4

Posted April 23, 2014
North View is a MUCH better school than I thought it would be. I was hesitant to send my daughter there at first when she started 2 years ago; but I am very glad I did. She loves it! She is in all HP & S+ classes. She has great teachers(for the most part) and good friends. It isn't dangerous or ghetto. It is an older building in a part of town that happens to be lower income; but that itself shouldn't take away from the great things that happen inside...which is a good education! I'm glad I gave this school a chance! Frankly, I'm sad that we are moving and I might not get a chance to send my other kids there. Every school has a past....North View has been improving and making changes to make sure the kids are safe and have the very best chance at an education. I think they have done a great job!

Posted April 08, 2013
I attended North View junior high in the late 90's. I'm not sure how I survived junior high though - Gang recruitment was everywhere and i imagine it could only be worse now. My sister is 4 years younger than I am. She also attended North View and witnessed a stabbing in front of the school. This school is an extension of North Minneapolis.

Posted January 14, 2013
North View teachers are not trained in the correct manner,lack with respecting students. The school dose not honor confidential rules of the district or it's school they make there own rules my child have been there for 3 yr now and i have ask for the principle have left messages never received a all back and still have never met him i must say if i could have gave a score below 0 that would have been there score.....

Posted July 11, 2011
Worst school ever I do not understand why it is still open lots of mean students and unfair teachers.

5869 69th Ave North, Brooklyn Park, MN  55429
Last modified North View Ib World School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.