Brooklyn Park, MN
Students enrolled: 1,436

Posted May 29, 2012
Growing up in this district, I've put up with people who, despite never attending this school have written it off as ghetto, plagued with fights and unfit to prepare students for success. I have to disagree. I have gone here for years and I have to say, we as a student body are very accepting with minimum drama and rarely any fights. Unlike other schools, there isn't a hierarchy of popular kids that everyone is held up against. Not to mention, we're diverse. Though some consider this a flaw, I've become friends with and worked alongside people from a multitude of cultural and economic backrounds-- a skill I'll use for the rest of my life. Yes, just like any other school, some students have problems with drugs and other personal issues, but it has never hindered me from learning. AP courses are offered, but IB is the most prominent. (As an HP turned DP student, I warn students of the rigor of these courses: they are not for everyone) As for teachers, there are a few that are sub-par, but there are even more that are well-seasoned and passionate about PC. In the end, it sickens me at how many people open-enroll to other schools all due to their own misconceptions. Give us a chance.

Park Center Ib World School 0

Posted September 15, 2009
Park Center serves a great student population that is rich in diversity! The teachers are well trained and committed to each student's learning. High expectations are shared by the teachers, ESP's and administrators regarding student behavior, effort and achievement.

Park Center Ib World School 2

Posted January 03, 2008
Poor teaching. Some don't even teach they just hand out homework. If I could send my child to another school I would. The only good thing about the school is the music program. Mr. Olson is truely a gifted teacher who cares about his students.

Posted November 15, 2007
My daughter has really enjoyed her time at Park Center and I am constantly amazed at the level of enthusiasm and committment in the teachers. Yes, she has been exposed to some bad apples but she has always felt safe there and it has made her more resiliant. We lived in two much more affluent areas prior to this move and I think this school has been just as good.

Park Center Ib World School 5

Posted September 20, 2007

Park Center Ib World School 2

Posted May 25, 2007
Outstanding marching band and director! The music teacher is wonderful!

Posted November 10, 2005
I'm proud to be a part of the Park Center family. This school is really turning around. As with most schools, this school has some bad apples that have caused a negative reputation; hoever, the majority of students in this school are terrific kids who want to come to school to learn and have fun. The staff has been very kind and helpful. This is a good school!

Posted August 12, 2004

Park Center Ib World School
7300 Brooklyn Blvd, Brooklyn Park, MN  55443
Last modified Park Center Ib World School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Park Center Ib World School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top