Bad
Good

Their Special Education program is nothing but a glorified study hall for children with behavioral problems. If your child actually does have a real learning disability they will just be grouped with the "naughty" children and seemingly do not receive any actual learning services. My child has received special education services for a legitimate learning disability since he was 3. I am extremely disappointed and seriously regret moving to Brooklyn Center and to Park Center High School.

Growing up in this district, I've put up with people who, despite never attending this school have written it off as ghetto, plagued with fights and unfit to prepare students for success. I have to disagree. I have gone here for years and I have to say, we as a student body are very accepting with minimum drama and rarely any fights. Unlike other schools, there isn't a hierarchy of popular kids that everyone is held up against. Not to mention, we're diverse. Though some consider this a flaw, I've become friends with and worked alongside people from a multitude of cultural and economic backrounds-- a skill I'll use for the rest of my life. Yes, just like any other school, some students have problems with drugs and other personal issues, but it has never hindered me from learning. AP courses are offered, but IB is the most prominent. (As an HP turned DP student, I warn students of the rigor of these courses: they are not for everyone) As for teachers, there are a few that are sub-par, but there are even more that are well-seasoned and passionate about PC. In the end, it sickens me at how many people open-enroll to other schools all due to their own misconceptions. Give us a chance.

Park Center serves a great student population that is rich in diversity! The teachers are well trained and committed to each student's learning. High expectations are shared by the teachers, ESP's and administrators regarding student behavior, effort and achievement.

Poor teaching. Some don't even teach they just hand out homework. If I could send my child to another school I would. The only good thing about the school is the music program. Mr. Olson is truely a gifted teacher who cares about his students.

My daughter has really enjoyed her time at Park Center and I am constantly amazed at the level of enthusiasm and committment in the teachers. Yes, she has been exposed to some bad apples but she has always felt safe there and it has made her more resiliant. We lived in two much more affluent areas prior to this move and I think this school has been just as good.

Outstanding marching band and director! The music teacher is wonderful!

Last modified Park Center Ib World School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.