Edinbrook Elementary School 1

Posted December 05, 2014
The principle has changed almost every year causing a lot of instability in the leadership and staff. Teachers are not held to standards. The school allows perverse language to be used by students (to the point where my wife volunteering at the school had to tell students to stop). The overall attitude of the school is that they don't have the right students or community to be an effective educational center and thus aren't trying to educate, but are blaming students' language skills and home life as the issue. Also, the school has a difficult time getting substitute teachers and will double up classes when teachers are ill. Because my student didn't need much help, she was expected to help the teacher instruct other students in the subject matter, by sitting with other kids at their desks and tutoring the other student. The school leadership is unapproachable and doesn't believe it needs to change, even though they are failing the students they serve. That being said, there are a handful good teachers that really show they care about the students they have been entrusted with educating.

Posted January 31, 2014
I have a Kindergartener currently at Edinbrook. He really enjoys school and has a great teacher who challenges him and makes sure he doesn't get bored as he is slightly more advanced than some of his peers. If there are things he needs more help with she will make sure to communicate this with us. He is my first child to send off to school and I will be sending another into Kindergarten this fall and I will feel confident doing so at Edinbrook.

Edinbrook Elementary School 1

Posted November 13, 2013
I have a kindergartner and a 2nd grader at this school. We transferred from Woodland because we moved. So far, I have not been impressed. School starts with bus transportation chaos. The staff has not been cooperative. Our kindergartner teacher has been disappointing. She doesn't give homework daily but yet sends 2 to 3 hours worth of homework home for the weekend. The curriculum is not up to par with that of Woodland's. It's not challenging enough for the kids. Communication could also improve.

Posted February 27, 2012
I LOVE this school! I just got out last year and I just loved my years at EB. The teachersare nice and they care a lot about our education. So overall, this school is great.

Edinbrook Elementary School 5

Posted December 06, 2010
I love this school, because it has challenging academic programs, just like it said a great school is.

Edinbrook Elementary School 0

Posted December 02, 2009
Edinbrook is an excellent choice for elementary schools. The teachers are very caring and well qualified. The leadership staff is very on point with their communication with the parents and I'm impressed with ther curriculum.

Posted May 15, 2008

Posted September 19, 2006
This school has well qualified, caring staff and administration. My oldest went to Edinbrook K-6, my youngest is currently in 4th grade. I am thrilled with the education they've gotten, along with all the life skills they developed while being part of Edinbrook. Don't hesitate to send your kids here!

Edinbrook Elementary School 5

Posted January 07, 2006
I have taught at Edinbrook since it opened in 1988. During that time we have had 4 different principals. The current principal, John Groenke, is highly qualified and has used his junior high experience to lead our staff with great success. Our students are happy, safe, and love to come to school. Test scores continue to rise, even though many of our students are transient. We believe we are doing a great job preparing our students to become successful life-long learners in our ever changing society.

Edinbrook Elementary School 2

Posted August 25, 2004
I believe the new principal that they have does not have the capabilities of an Elementary School Principal, issues are not handled in a decent and professional manner. As far as addressing manners on an elementary level he does not do a good job. Coming from a Junior High that has lots of issues and concerns I think this was a break away from that environment for Mr. Groenke.

Edinbrook Elementary School
8925 Zane Ave North, Brooklyn Park, MN  55443
Last modified Edinbrook Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edinbrook Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top