Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I heard that this school had issues in the past under prior leadership. Now Edinbrook has built a strong community of staff, teachers, parents and students. Mr. Krueger is an excellent principal and definitely what Edinbrook needs. I frequently see him in the hallways before, during and afternoon school. The kids really look up to Mr. Krueger. My son has food allergies and the teachers, Kidstop and lunchroom staff have been extremely helpful. They work with him to make sure he makes safe healthy choices. We feel that Edinbrook is not just a good fit for our son but also for our family to feel comfortable and confident with his education.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

So far we have had good experiences with the teachers. Our family has built strong relationships with them. We hope we continue to have positive experiences as our children continue through the school.

I have a fifth grader and a second grader currently attending this school. The parent pick up is a joke. It's a horrible system. A lot of the parents don't follow the protocol and the staff is super rude when they are directing traffic. My car has been hit twice in the parking lot. The district does not bus if you live within a mile which is a joke considering how many of their students live within that radius. They ask for volunteers but after filling out the necessary paperwork no one has contacted me this year or last year even though both teachers admittedly told me they could use a classroom helper and they would contact me to come in. The playground supervision is questionable especially after my son was kicked in the nose at recess which is around noon and I got a call about it at about three in the afternoon. Last year the teacher my daughter had was out sick a lot and eve told the kids her personal problems. I felt like my child talked more about the teachers life than what they were suppose to be working on in class. During a class presentation parents were invited to attend the teacher was absent and the assistant principle at the time was subbing and she was just so annoyed the whole time it was like she really didn't like the kids which was painfully obvious and sad. Needless to say we are planning a change of schools soon!

Our youngest child started at Edinbrook this year. As we researched Kindergarten options last year we looked at Athlos, Birch Grove, Weaver Lake STEM and Parnassus. We have been impressed with both our teacher and the administration. They are compassionate and caring. Our daughter is doing comparable work to those in other schools in the district as well as other districts. If you are in the Edinbrook boundries, I would highly encourage you to meet with the administration and some of the teachers before making your final enrollment decisions.

The principle has changed almost every year causing a lot of instability in the leadership and staff. Teachers are not held to standards. The school allows perverse language to be used by students (to the point where my wife volunteering at the school had to tell students to stop). The overall attitude of the school is that they don't have the right students or community to be an effective educational center and thus aren't trying to educate, but are blaming students' language skills and home life as the issue. Also, the school has a difficult time getting substitute teachers and will double up classes when teachers are ill. Because my student didn't need much help, she was expected to help the teacher instruct other students in the subject matter, by sitting with other kids at their desks and tutoring the other student. The school leadership is unapproachable and doesn't believe it needs to change, even though they are failing the students they serve. That being said, there are a handful good teachers that really show they care about the students they have been entrusted with educating.

I have a Kindergartener currently at Edinbrook. He really enjoys school and has a great teacher who challenges him and makes sure he doesn't get bored as he is slightly more advanced than some of his peers. If there are things he needs more help with she will make sure to communicate this with us. He is my first child to send off to school and I will be sending another into Kindergarten this fall and I will feel confident doing so at Edinbrook.

I have a kindergartner and a 2nd grader at this school. We transferred from Woodland because we moved. So far, I have not been impressed. School starts with bus transportation chaos. The staff has not been cooperative. Our kindergartner teacher has been disappointing. She doesn't give homework daily but yet sends 2 to 3 hours worth of homework home for the weekend. The curriculum is not up to par with that of Woodland's. It's not challenging enough for the kids. Communication could also improve.

I LOVE this school! I just got out last year and I just loved my years at EB. The teachersare nice and they care a lot about our education. So overall, this school is great.

I love this school, because it has challenging academic programs, just like it said a great school is.

Edinbrook is an excellent choice for elementary schools. The teachers are very caring and well qualified. The leadership staff is very on point with their communication with the parents and I'm impressed with ther curriculum.

Last modified Edinbrook Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.